XPO | repo man

Why attack her? You seem like the kind of guy who isn't well liked at his barn. To make up for this you create an online make believe manager. Instead of looking into a round glass ball I think your pretending to have a desk job. 99% of anyone who works at conway could pretend to be a manager and people would believe it. It's not hard to pretend to be one all you have to do is come back with the kool aid attitude. I've yet to see you post anything that was "secret or new".

Why not pretend to be a RM? That pays more!

GreatestD?

Newbieone?

Is that you? It's been too long.

conway will make you feel like you are needed until they get rid of you for a chump fresh out of driving school that is a much cheaper option and builds larger dividents and creates a less hostile environment due to nobody beeiingg around long enought to know the f@#$%#@ diffeference. wish u all could figure that out! look around u, who do u work with that has more than 5 years of service, now figure out how long the company has been in your area doing business. do the math!:biglaugh::loser:

Everyone is in SUCH a good mood today......

Isn't it refreshing to come on here, and feel all of the love in the room......

I am getting all warm and fuzzy inside.....

Oh.......that maybe the four shots of Jack I just had....

nevermind....

:biglaugh:

CFI continues to be the most profitable entity in the Con-way umbrella, not stuck to the automotive industry...

Con-way closed 40 service centers, not over...The pracical facts when looked at will save millions, just in fixed cost alone

Con-way has reduced the workforce twice, on 12-5 and again on 1-12...You must have us confused with other companies that layoff daily

I cannot dispute the parked tractors nor the freezing drivers, I am not in that area of the country

Management needs to plan their schedules better at those service centers where drivers come in and wait..we have talked about that a hundred times here..

Go over to your local YRC facility and see what they are serving in their cafeteria today...we have to have hot meals prepared for everyone each day now..?? Sounds to me like some service centers are better than this than others, but I know one thing for sure: Con-way is better at it than many other, if not all, carriers..

Now, what logic would you like on what issues..??
Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to get a little better educated. How is CFI making all of its money? Is a majority of it (profits) from Con-way Freight paying them to haul Freight's freight?

Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to get a little better educated. How is CFI making all of its money? Is a majority of it (profits) from Con-way Freight paying them to haul Freight's freight?
It is a classic case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Simply No, CFI is not making money because of Con-way Freight... While we are the largest customer CFI has a thriving Mexico and Cross border business and THOUSANDS of non-con-way umbrella customers... Honestly, CFI may turn out to be one of the best moves that Con-way Inc has made in recent years... We bought a profitable company making the entire company more profitable, without them we would be very close to break even point right now (Maybe even losing it?), not making some level of cash...

Simply No, CFI is not making money because of Con-way Freight... While we are the largest customer CFI has a thriving Mexico and Cross border business and THOUSANDS of non-con-way umbrella customers... Honestly, CFI may turn out to be one of the best moves that Con-way Inc has made in recent years... We bought a profitable company making the entire company more profitable, without them we would be very close to break even point right now (Maybe even losing it?), not making some level of cash...

Sorry, I got home kinda late...thank you...Ghost is right...we bought a very strong, profitable company who was doing business with us, but had a very strong customer base when the deal was done..They haven't hurt the corporation one bit..

Mr. BoxBoss:
If I were a invester looking to invest in a company or even a shipper looking for a dependable carrier,I would consider other sources before even considering Con-way,from the issues I have read both in the news and in forums.
You Sir seem to be working for a corp. with problems.
I have asked you to address the issues,hoping for logical answers,instead you have beat around the bush,bashing my post and comments without any justifiable answers.
But then again,maybe it's just the Con-way way...
No,I dont have a crystal ball,but if I did,I would bet it would not be looking good for your future!
As a manager you and your company seem to have forgotten what provides good service and happy customers.
Happy and content Drivers and Dock workers!
:loser:

I'm pretty sure if you were an investor, you would be looking to invest in CF...
You have asked me to address what issues..?? If you want logical answers, ask logical questions..Don't expect me to try to answer or justify your speculative remarks..
I have alot of happy employees in my barn, despite the precarious economic outlook..I treat them exactly for what they are, my peers and colleagues..and they are terrific at keeping their customers happy and providing great service...and they have never needed me to accomplish that..
I am very secure in my future, here at Con-way and beyond if that's the way it happens to work out..
Show me a company in our industry that is currently problem free, and I will show you a fantasy...Even Big Brown is not performing to expectations..It's a harsh world, deal with it...

This is factual and truthful..??? All you appear to be doing here is speculating while stirring a spoon...you have offered nothing that hasn't been spoken of here many times before, and get off the CF kick...that horse has been beat to death 100 times over...THEY DID THEMSELVES IN....

Thank You!!!

CF self destructed of their own accord. Con-Way IS NOTHING like CF. Once the decision was made to belly up the company, then the IBT wanted to negotiate the contract concessions IIRC. A little late at that point. In addition there were definitely no rocket scientists in the CF management. You can't run a $1.14 ratio (which was the last figure I heard before the iminent collapse) and expect to stay afloat. CF was hauling a $hitload of freight and making no money at it.

There are people here that simply want to bad mouth the company. And I must admit I have had a rant or two myself. Nonetheless, I am still employed at CNW and wish to see its continued success. I have some deep disagreements with some of the recent developments at CW. The biggest reasons behind these disagreements has to do more with the lack of what I feel was the substance of our company in years past.

I know many of you feel this may be juvenile...but here I go again! SOUP!!!

When I started with Con-way I was told by an FOS was the company loves to eat. We had local SIC cookouts, King of the Hill cookouts where the RM actually did the cooking, company picnics, holiday dinners and sometimes just for the hell of it.

It was one of those things that set us apart from our competition. The first King of the Hill roast was before I even made shirt. I was amazed...I was thinking I had hit the big time in my driving career. Just the thought that a company the size of Con-Way would recognize the achievements of so many was simply awesome to me (and still is!)

So what happened? Where did the recognition go? Are we the best of the best or not? Are we the same as YRC, FedEx, RL, et al?

No one owes me a meal...or soup for that matter. But somewhere along the way we have lost site of the true meaning of being a working team. Seems these days is it more a matter of individual effort rather than an exercise in comraderie. This must come from the top and trickle down (think Jerry D.) Let the subordinates in the corporate office do the mundane things and let us see our leaders in the field.

JD didn't walk on water...but he did have vision. We need return to that vision or some semblance (sp?) thereof.

Point is if you want to number one then be number one and you must start at home before you can effectively relay that mentality to the public...

It is like Winston Churchill supposedly said..."If you are going through hell...then keep going"

As far as CF is concerned, how in God's name can you have company buy down all your debt and then just two years later go belly up...

Rocket scientists!?!...very over rated.....

Rat :loser:

Thank You!!!

CF self destructed of their own accord. Con-Way IS NOTHING like CF. Once the decision was made to belly up the company, then the IBT wanted to negotiate the contract concessions IIRC. A little late at that point. In addition there were definitely no rocket scientists in the CF management. You can't run a $1.14 ratio (which was the last figure I heard before the iminent collapse) and expect to stay afloat. CF was hauling a $hitload of freight and making no money at it.

There are people here that simply want to bad mouth the company. And I must admit I have had a rant or two myself. Nonetheless, I am still employed at CNW and wish to see its continued success. I have some deep disagreements with some of the recent developments at CW. The biggest reasons behind these disagreements has to do more with the lack of what I feel was the substance of our company in years past.

When I started with Con-way I was told by an FOS was the company loves to eat. We had local SIC cookouts, King of the Hill cookouts where the RM actually did the cooking, company picnics, holiday dinners and sometimes just for the hell of it.

It was one of those things that set us apart from our competition. The first King of the Hill roast was before I even made shirt. I was amazed...I was thinking I had hit the big time in my driving career. Just the thought that a company the size of Con-Way would recognize the achievements of so many was simply awesome to me (and still is!)

So what happened? Where did the recognition go? Are we the best of the best or not? Are we the same as YRC, FedEx, RL, et al?

No one owes me a meal...or soup for that matter. But somewhere along the way we have lost site of the true meaning of being a working team. Seems these days is it more a matter of individual effort rather than an exercise in comraderie. This must come from the top and trickle down (think Jerry D.) Let the subordinates in the corporate office do the mundane things and let us see our leaders in the field.

JD didn't walk on water...but he did have vision. We need return to that vision or some semblance (sp?) thereof.

Point is if you want to number one then be number one and you must start at home before you can effectively relay that mentality to the public...

It is like Winston Churchill supposedly said..."If you are going through hell...then keep going"

As far as CF is concerned, how in God's name can you have company buy down all your debt and then just two years later go belly up...

You are feeling what alot of people are feeling right now...Don't know if this is the right answer, but my thought is that when we were separate components, we were small, yet part of something much larger...But we each had our own set of corporate leaders and separate G.O.s, which put us very close to the top all the time...Because we were smaller, those corporate leaders could get around to alot of service centers and visit, and BBQ, and attend recogniton ceremonies and the like...
Obviously, the unification stripped that away...I don't fault the people at the top for not being more visible, I just don't think it is physically possible to achieve that same level of communication..They are all at the wheel of a much larger ship now, where decisions have far reaching ramifications, and may or may not suit one geographical area compared to others...
Our dilemma?? We miss the the smallness, where we had the ability to stand at the grill and say " Hey, we are freezing our butts off in these old trucks, you need to get in and check this out.." Those of us who have been around long enough remember that being easy to do...
And the compunding issue for the time being is a country in economic peril, and that is guiding so many decisions, and none of us like it because we wish it would just stop and go back to 5 years ago, when everything was so much better...It is taking a toll on all of us..

You are feeling what alot of people are feeling right now...Don't know if this is the right answer, but my thought is that when we were separate components, we were small, yet part of something much larger...But we each had our own set of corporate leaders and separate G.O.s, which put us very close to the top all the time...Because we were smaller, those corporate leaders could get around to alot of service centers and visit, and BBQ, and attend recogniton ceremonies and the like...
Obviously, the unification stripped that away...I don't fault the people at the top for not being more visible, I just don't think it is physically possible to achieve that same level of communication..They are all at the wheel of a much larger ship now, where decisions have far reaching ramifications, and may or may not suit one geographical area compared to others...
Our dilemma?? We miss the the smallness, where we had the ability to stand at the grill and say " Hey, we are freezing our butts off in these old trucks, you need to get in and check this out.." Those of us who have been around long enough remember that being easy to do...
And the compunding issue for the time being is a country in economic peril, and that is guiding so many decisions, and none of us like it because we wish it would just stop and go back to 5 years ago, when everything was so much better...It is taking a toll on all of us..

I agree...smaller is better.

That being said it doesn't excuse what I posted in the initial response...Our leaders need to be more visible than just in the Monday morning video. We are the premier LTL carrier in the industry bar none.

Our people do a bang up job. Every human being needs interaction with another. Just the way it is. Makes us what we are.

I am not saying that John L. should be out and about visiting all the SICs and FACs, but perhaps his minions could be a little bit more forthcoming in their visibility.

A handshake or a pat on the back would do more for the morale of this company (considering the current economic climate) than anything else...

Just to know someone is watching...and willing to recognize the achievements...

Just my opinion...

I agree...smaller is better.

That being said it doesn't excuse what I posted in the initial response...Our leaders need to be more visible than just in the Monday morning video. We are the premier LTL carrier in the industry bar none.

Our people do a bang up job. Every human being needs interaction with another. Just the way it is. Makes us what we are.

I am not saying that John L. should be out and about visiting all the SICs and FACs, but perhaps his minions could be a little bit more forthcoming in their visibility.

A handshake or a pat on the back would do more for the morale of this company (considering the current economic climate) than anything else...

Just to know someone is watching...and willing to recognize the achievements...

Just my opinion...

I can't disagree...Those things go a long way...always did, always will..

It is a classic case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The end result of this truth is , regardless of
the entity that practices this , whether it be
a society , government , company , or an idividual , is DEMISE .

Eventually there are no more Peters .

Just4Thought

Thank You!!!

I have the same opinion on these matters, when I came here I really believed this was where I would work for the rest of my career.

I love to **** and suck and lick ***** until my ******* bleeds out like a water filled cum balloon will you dirty truck drivers please lick my *******?

Thank You!!!

Excellent post!

Gotta disagree BoxBoss (Suprise!). Excusing because of our larger size is a copout. Good leaders know how to lead and losing touch is not consistant with that endeavor.

Good leaders become much more then a Monday morning talking head or a glossy pic in some corporate promo.

Sorry, I got home kinda late...thank you...Ghost is right...we bought a very strong, profitable company who was doing business with us, but had a very strong customer base when the deal was done..They haven't hurt the corporation one bit..

BoxBoss
How have these purchases helped the company and why did the company DUMP so much money into other companies?
Have you run a stock watch for cnw from 2007 to date or better yet look at the last two months???:loser:

Con-way Inc. (Con-way) provides transportation, logistics and supply-chain management services for a range of manufacturing, industrial and retail customers. Con-way’s principal business units operate in regional and transcontinental less-than-truckload (LTL) and full-truckload freight transportation, contract logistics and supply-chain management, truckload brokerage, and trailer manufacturing. Con-way Inc. is divided into five segments: Freight, Logistics, Truckload, Vector, and Other. On August 23, 2007, the Company completed the acquisition of Contract Freighters, Inc. (CFI). On August 23, 2007, Con-way acquired Transportation Resources, Inc. On September 5, 2007, the Company acquired Cougar Logistics. On October 18, 2007, it acquired Chic Logistics.