Reports: Kansas City Chiefs player kills girlfriend, takes own life

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Reports are just coming in regarding a tragedy involving the Kansas City Chiefs, but here's what we know at this time. According to KCTV-5 News in Kansas City, a Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend at a house near the team's facility on Saturday morning.

The player then drove to a location near the team's main campus and took his own life. Per the Kansas City Star, members of the team's staff tried to stop the player from committing any other acts of violence before the player turned a gun on himself. The Chiefs' Arrowhead practice facility was evacuated and is currently on police lockdown.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the team said in a statement this morning. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the name of the player will not be revealed until his family is informed. Glazer also reports that Chiefs players have been asked to assemble at the team's main facility so that they can be informed of all the details..............

Reports: Kansas City Chiefs player kills girlfriend, takes own life | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

UPDATE : Reports: Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, takes own life

Reports are still coming in regarding a tragedy involving the Kansas City Chiefs, but here's what we know at this time. Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend at a house near the team's facility on Saturday morning. Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, who is on scene, confirmed the name of the player after speaking with local police.

After the shooting, Belcher drove to a location near the team's main campus and took his own life. Per the Kansas City Star, members of the team's staff tried to stop Belcher from committing any other acts of violence before the player turned a gun on himself. The Chiefs' Arrowhead practice facility was evacuated and is currently on police lockdown.

Albert Breer of the NFL Network reported that the mother of the murdered woman called police and told them that her daughter had been shot. Police arrived at the Chiefs' facility only to find Belcher in the parking lot with a gun to his head. As one officer got out of his car, he heard a gunshot. Belcher was later pronounced dead. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports said that Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel were among the team employees in the vicinity................

Reports: Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, takes own life | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Watching the talking head shows with team mates talking about what a good guy he was blah blah. I guess they forgot he murdered his wife and left a baby without its parents.

Another one mentioned how he liked guns. So what? A lot of people like guns but that doesn't make us suicidal maniacs.

Watching the talking head shows with team mates talking about what a good guy he was blah blah. I guess they forgot he murdered his wife and left a baby without its parents.

Another one mentioned how he liked guns. So what? A lot of people like guns but that doesn't make us suicidal maniacs.

I here ya. I just hope the Chief's don't honor this piece of ****.

Maybe a bit off topic here. I don't want to get into any trouble with the police lol

Anyone catch Bob Costas & his commentary on gun control last night? He can have his personal opinion. Because he has a microphone does not give him the right to give his view to the country. The season is 13 weeks old. The commentators still do not know that turnovers are automatically reviewed and no challenge flag needs to be thrown. I am to take their knowledge on social issues seriously? I don't care what his stance is. If he wants to be a political pundit, then go be one. As far as if there were no guns, 2 people might still be alive, I think this: My grandmother was murdered & there was no gun involved. The guy then killed himself, again without the help of a gun. Maybe if she had a gun there would only be one that died? We will never know.

Thank you for putting up with my rant. Now let's get back on topic.

Maybe a bit off topic here. I don't want to get into any trouble with the police lol

Anyone catch Bob Costas & his commentary on gun control last night? He can have his personal opinion. Because he has a microphone does not give him the right to give his view to the country. The season is 13 weeks old. The commentators still do not know that turnovers are automatically reviewed and no challenge flag needs to be thrown. I am to take their knowledge on social issues seriously? I don't care what his stance is. If he wants to be a political pundit, then go be one. As far as if there were no guns, 2 people might still be alive, I think this: My grandmother was murdered & there was no gun involved. The guy then killed himself, again without the help of a gun. Maybe if she had a gun there would only be one that died? We will never know.

Thank you for putting up with my rant. Now let's get back on topic.
Nah man, you are every bit on topic. One of the ex coaches on the Fox panel refered to it as "another senseless gun crime". No, it was another senseless murder, regardless of how it was commited. I have noticed the phrase gun crime starting to work its way into our lexicon in recent years. I hate getting too political but I see that as part of somebody's agenda; a subtle tactic of swaying public opinion on gun control. Let me amend that by saying an uninformed public's opinion.

Black Sports Columnist After NFL Player’s Murder-*******: NRA Is ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ, The “New /••\”…

Jason-Whitlock-550x309.jpg

Wow, really?
WHITLOCK: Sports gets so much attention, and people tune out the real world, that I try to take advantage of the opportunity to talk about the real world when sports lends itself to that and try to open people’s eyes. You know, I did not go as far as I’d like to go because my thoughts on the NRA and America’s gun culture – I believe the NRA is the new /••\. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously don’t have our best interests [at heart].
I think it’s obvious if you’ve traveled abroad, and traveled to countries where they have legitimate gun laws, that we don’t have to have what we have in America, where people somehow think a gun enhances their liberty, and that people somehow think a gun makes them safer. It just doesn’t. A gun turns some kids listening to music into a murder scene. And uh, you know, if you don’t have a gun, you drive home. You know, kids listening to some loud music, you don’t like it, you go home and complain to your wife. But when you have a gun, you open fire, potentially, and take the life of a child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Music makes me want to shoot someone? Yeah, way to go Dr. Whitlock... Some folks grow into being morons, some are born morons....

Black Sports Columnist After NFL Player’s Murder-*******: NRA Is ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ, The “New /••\”…

Jason-Whitlock-550x309.jpg

Wow, really?
WHITLOCK: Sports gets so much attention, and people tune out the real world, that I try to take advantage of the opportunity to talk about the real world when sports lends itself to that and try to open people’s eyes. You know, I did not go as far as I’d like to go because my thoughts on the NRA and America’s gun culture – I believe the NRA is the new /••\. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously don’t have our best interests [at heart].
I think it’s obvious if you’ve traveled abroad, and traveled to countries where they have legitimate gun laws, that we don’t have to have what we have in America, where people somehow think a gun enhances their liberty, and that people somehow think a gun makes them safer. It just doesn’t. A gun turns some kids listening to music into a murder scene. And uh, you know, if you don’t have a gun, you drive home. You know, kids listening to some loud music, you don’t like it, you go home and complain to your wife. But when you have a gun, you open fire, potentially, and take the life of a child.

What is really offensive is that this guy gets paid for this. And that they chose to air it.

An idiot opens fire on kids playing music loudly. 4 kids walk into a Hess station & execute the attendant & don't take a damn thing. The first idiot us a *****/ignorant/gun enthusiast/whatever. The other idiots were set up by the white man. This country is ****ed.

This Chief's player is nothing but a cowardly murderer plain and simple. I don't care what political party he was affiliated with, if he liked guns or not, or what color his skin was, he's a damn cowardly murderer. People try to use these cases for their political gain, which is b.s. A killer is a killer. These people preaching from their bully pulpit need to leave their agenda out of it and call a spade a spade.