Republican Debate 10/28/15

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ABFer, Oct 29, 2015.

1. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

OK, once again I got blacked out on the debate. Couldn't stream it without a cable subscription. Not really hearing much on the news on it this AM so...who did what? I'm not hearing a peep about Trump or Carson, were they asleep? Carly who?

2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I missed it too went to bed early and don't have cable.
    Seeing the news this morning they are pushing Rubio as the big winner. Cruz had the biggest moment of the night, Jeb lost out in a argument with Rubio the other's not so much Christy did his bit to embarrass the moderator's and saying America is not interested in whats being asked. He did similar last time trying to come off as the intouch one.
    Carson Trump not so much mentions today

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

CNBC was THE most partisan Leftist moderators so far. One of them went as far in the predebate groups to say his desire was to pit them against each other. The questions were hardball leftist putdowns. They accused Trump of being a comic book character. They lied about Carson's taxplan. Cruz set the highest score the Luntz Focus Group audience pollsters ever had (98%) when he pointed out their bias.

Trump mentioned he's the only one not using a super PAC, looking at Rubio. Rubio escaped by saying Hillary has the media- the biggest super PAC of all. Even Christie got in a good shot; the mods had Jeb talking whether fantasy football needs regulated? Christy came out and stated- we're running for Prez, there's a bad economy, Isis, and fantasy football is the best you can do?

Trump was fairly quiet, compared to past debates, IMO. Kasich tried to bully, and Trump pointed out Kasich only did that because his polls are down. Carson was pretty quiet. When the mods attacked him, the audience (on liberal uColo) booed! Fiorina talked the most. The news is giving the best marks to Rubio, who I rated second. Cruz came out zinging, and, imo- won, hands down. Jeb looked lost....

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  4. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

I was impressed with the audience, they booed many of the questions. I'm not a Cruz fan but his rant was spot on and off the cuff, very impressive. For me Bush, Kasich, Paul lost a little, Trump, Carson, Fiorina held their ground, Cruz, Christie, Huckabee, up slightly, Rubio I just don't get. This was supposed to be a debate focused on economic issues yet there was no mention of TPP or the XM Bank yet they were asked about fantasy football, that's how pathetic the CNBC crew was.

Northern Flash, Toby, Woody and 2 others like this.
  5. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Agreed, the Huckabee thing about "I like Donald, in fact I'm wearing a Trump tie right now.....deal with that" was classic. Then he followed it up with Trump being a better President than Hillary every day of the week and twice on Sunday. They wanted a cage fight and their attempts to instigate one fell flat.

6. Magoo

Why are these cable channels hosting the debates its putting it out of reach for many?
    I guess they pay the political party to choose them so maybe they want to get some ratings and entertainment value.

And how would you get a seat in the audience? I think the republican party in boulder would gift out the seats to local members. They won't fill the seats with liberals and visa versa in the Dems debates

pilot87 and ABFer like this.
  7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I hope our friend slave watched it. He calls Cruz Establishment. Cruz pointed out he is an original cosponsor of Rand's Audit the Fed, and that he wants us returned to Sound Money Strategy, hopefully tied to gold. He again called for his flattax plan, and abolishing the IRS. Doesn't sound Establishment...

Toby likes this.
  8. ABFer

It looks like there's a need...a void here...the need for a non-partisan debate show. Maybe one that could be peddled to one of the big three stations where they could sell some commercials and the candidates could grab a swig of water, hit the head and straighten their ties out. Could probably make enough off of such a short lived show to feed and clothe myself for another four years 'til the next one comes around. I always wanted to be a big Hollywood producer, just like Jethro.

Magoo likes this.
  9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Wrong! There was no moderator there that would vote for a Repub, other than kudlow, who got to ask a couple questions.

The university students told CNBC they needed (and got) more seats. More than half the available 1200 seats went to students.

TT411 likes this.
  10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Why would the Repubs want moderated by ABC, NBC, and CBS? Those are Dem stations... The next one, Nov 10? Is on foxbiz..

11. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

I agree with previous posts. Mods made jerks of themselves they even went as far to ask Huckabee if Trump would be a good president.. Huck replied he loved Donald, thought he was a good man and said he was wearing a Trump tie. Jeb and Kasich seemed they wanted to attack and were unsuccessful.

Northern Flash, Toby and jimmy g like this.
  12. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Cruz is moving up.....

sharpshooter, Toby and jimmy g like this.
  13. ABFer

Me and my cronies will do the modding. You're not seeing what I'm saying. My own show sold to one of the big three stations. Just like many other shows.

14. Magoo

CNBC is the Wall Street money channel there are a few Democrats yes but not the Bernie type and I would think most are Republicans.
    Carl Quintenas question for Cruz was a good one its what a lot of people wonder about. People think of Cruz as a trouble maker how is he going to unite?

15. Magoo

Foxbiz another cable channel
    Didn't FOX host one already? Remember Megan whats her face getting into it with Trump
    Its become eleitist

16. Magoo

Sorry for your Governour he's not cutting the mustard

Woody likes this.
  17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I've seen your modding. No thanks. You couldn't mod a dog catcher election fairly.

Toby likes this.
  18. ABFer

:crybaby:

19. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

I remember Jethro being an international playboy and a spy double ott seven but forgot about the the big Hollywood producer :omg i gets present by droneguard 1:

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The Wall Street Journal editorial board is leftist Dems, Mags.

Its the repubs, not the Dems. The Blaze should host. With Levin, Rush, and hannity modding. Then we'd get real policy questions.

Woody and Northern Flash like this.