Republican Landslide

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Pup Driver

Pup Driver Well-Known Member

No jmmy, my intent was that even back then the republicans were going along with what ever the corporatist wanted they the republicans fought for . Usually more times than not favored corporations and not the ordinary citizen .That's what I mean when I say that things haven't changed .

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

What good for General motors is good for the American worker. (Except bailouts)

Pup, you and slave hate employers- are for punishing them. So, after being punished- they left. Now you're upset.. The Left made their bed. Sleep in it, and hope the grownups can fix your mess...

3. EX396

EX396 Well-Known Member

4. Pup Driver

Wrong jimmy I do not hate employers . There are some very good employers which I felt we had at Yellow Freight . ABF is a good company to work for and a lot more are too many to mention on this post . I single out the bad ones . Do you like every employer ? Do you think everyone is good to work for ? No I don't hate them because I like to see justice brought to a company that is abusive to their employees doesn't make me a hater . If I were looking for a job I would avoid any company that has a bad reputation . Please tell me were I'm wrong . If you have something better lets hear it .

5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I go by the appearance of your posts. Perception is reality. The vast majority contain a slam that corporations need punished thru higher taxes and controls. Well, your side got their wish. EPA regs and high taxes chased biz to other shores.

End income taxes, go with the Fair Tax and they would return because there would be zero corporate tax. End the czars and their bureaus. Congress is supposed to make laws, not the Exec Branch. Return power to the States and the people like the 10th and 9th amendment state.

6. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

I'd bet you money that, there was something morally reprehensible attached to that pretty sounding bill too. Maybe, abortion for black babies up to 6 months or something? "BRING BACK JOBS HOME ACT OF 2014" sure sounds sweet but, that's the idea..we all know there was more to it than that..lol

7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

I wonder what the percentage of bad employers is compared to bad employees. There is a high percentage of employees that need punished also, just like the employers need. Surely none of our members though, I'm sure they are all top notch.

8. Pup Driver

You know and I know some employees are the worst and yeah since there are more employees than ceo's it only stands to reason that the bad employees out number the bad ceo's . Only thing when ya got a bad ceo like Bill Zollars more people get hurt than when there's a bad employee. It doesn't hurt as many people . I knew over the years bad employees but their badness didn't bankrupt a complete company and everyone in it .

9. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

You guys should have known, when he started juggling those companies like he did, something was up.. Why do you get rid of one of the most profitable(at the time) LTL companies in Saia(non-union) unless someone was putting pressure on you... He was jockeying for position then.... He was allowed to do what he did by the BOD, why blame him? Blame the BOD... Oh, but you can't, they write your checks... Zollars tried to be another Donald Trump, with other people's money....

10. Pup Driver

I don't know that he wanted to be an other Donald Trump as much as he wanted to be an other Warren Buffet . I think Zollars watched what happen at the BN and Santa Fe with their merger and then got the crazy idea of what would happen if he put Yellow and Roadway together . Yeah your correct that BOD's never should have allowed it . Guess Zollars was a smooth talker .LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  11. Starkravinloon

That's what I was saying, not that YRC wanted to be another Donald Trump, Zollars did..... Yeah, he smooth -talked his way into a what, 3 million dollar settlement?

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Perez of Local 135 said later that Yellow Roadway and Holland (all appearing profitable pre deal) were all three facing bankruptcy if not merged because none could handle the pension

Back to the subject. Repubs took Alaska too...

13. Starkravinloon

Now for Louisiana...................

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I wanted to add; not really sure where?

slavey wants unions in power like in the 1960s. America (and the World) isn't going back. In the 1890s, cars replaced horse-drawn wagons. Today, Teamsters drive forklifts, which require less men than drag-lines and carts. Teamsters drive (much as some complain about them) somewhat modern air-conditioned, air-ride trucks with (somewhat) modern engines. No more 238 hp- 17 (uphill) 76 (downhill) 'Centennial' trucks. Mobile phones make more efficiency than hunting for a phone booth and calling dispatch. For those that want the minimum wage raised- burger flippers are being replaced by machines that take your order and create the sandwich. Much like the pea-pickers/ tomato pickers that once demanded higher wages were replaced by harvesting machines that can handle delicate operations. There are many many many more things to list- but I suggest making peace with God and asking Him to provide for your needs as per His wishes. Works for me, I had no other choice..... Much as most complain or hold grudges, God might just surprise us, and make things even better than they ever where! After all- much as we complain, would we Really want to go back to a cold walk to a cold seat outhouse??????

15. Pup Driver

16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

??????????????????????

I have no idea what you are posting about???

17. Pup Driver

More like 17 mill.

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

thanks for clearing it up

19. Starkravinloon

Then line up at the next BOD meeting and tell them what you think about the situation.. Zollars is gone and the folks at YRC has given enough... I bet I can walk up to a lot of YRC drivers and they would tell me "I wished they would go ahead and shut down".... Hoffa has let them take everything away from the drivers, regardless of your opinion or Slave's opinion... That's why FedEx and Conway drivers are using the Teamsters for the "Contract" and not their ability to be strong anymore...

When the terminal manager of YRC contacted me about coming over there after I left Estes, I was introduced to the Steward at the terminal.. I swear, you couldn't have gotten a pencil between that guy and the terminal manager.. Talk about being up someones ass... I thought right then, don't trust this moron.... That's how much the teamsters have been watered down, and it's not the member's fault... It's the people who actually have some or great power in the Teamsters... A Steward can either be your friend or your worst enemy these days and that's what has changed over the years since I was a Teamster... I wouldn't trust that little weasel as far as I could throw him...He's there to kiss the TM's ass and keep his ******* job... And that is what Hoffa and Zollars has brought to the table for the members...

This just in....
    November 11, 2014: Louisville Local 89 and Teamster carhaulers have won a strike victory at Ford, despite getting no support from the Hoffa administration.

This is what I'm saying Pup.. This is union representation these days.... This ******* sucks, that he sat his fat ass in his mansion and these drivers did it on their own.... Why pay for no help? The whole article is on the YRC forum, if you would like to read it.... This is not the same union you and I hooked up with Pup, and that's why it's dwindling....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  20. Pup Driver

I do have to blame the membership reason being is that they don't vote . Yeah Hoffa should have been booted out long ago . These stupid fools all sit around and don't vote but their the first to cry . Only 18% voted last time . Hell Hoffa said why wast time and money on mailing out ballets when rank &file don't bother to vote . Hoffa always had a hard on for Chicago because he did very poorly here except for Holland . I have no understanding why Holland drivers supported Hoffa so much . Then after the election he turned on Chicago and all the Holland people . Hoffa is all saddle and no horse . I watched him several times and yeah he knows what to say but he only talks the talk but don't walk the walk . Wish he would have taken after his father's side and not his mothers side .