Republicans still floating the privatising Social Security Scam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Aug 25, 2015.

1. 20_yrs_2_go

20_yrs_2_go Well-Known Member

after YOU post the response SS tells you about the link i posted Dont forget to insist there is no such thing as ss account

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/retire/estimator.html

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

They are required to deposit it with the FDIC not to keep large amounts of cash lying around is what I heard.
    I've tried to make large withdrawals and they didn't have it, had to order it to pick up later in the week.
    I wonder how much cash there physically is in our country. Most big purchases are done on bank computers, no cash is needed to be transacted, just bits on the computers.

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I get that paper promising to pay an estimated account yearly. That has nothing to do with money in an account. That is merely SSI saying Congress will have money printed and paid , IF They Can. That paper clearly says there is no guarantee...

Call your Congressman. I call mine weekly over a variety of things. It's good to stay in touch. Information is power...

4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

But you proved the difference. They came up with the cash in days. Try to have SSI do that. They can't. They have nothing but IOU's.

(Side note) Germany demanded their gold back last year, which had been stored in our Federal Reserve Bank. Took almost a year, and the Gold they got didn't have their seal. Theory is, we sold theirs, and had to scramble to give gold back.... If we were a trustworthy, stable nation- shouldn't we just be able to go to the basement, and say- there it is????

5. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Don't know of too many people praising the corporate world
    free markets and true capitalism seem to get quite a bit of praise but not our current corporate structure which is essentially capitalism in name only
    Face it with 0% interest and ten of billions being pumped into the stock market, this is not capitalism

What until interests rates rise or the pumping stops, could easily see a 50% correction

I wonder what MLK would say about the Black Lies movement?

jimmy g likes this.
  6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

My dear 20. I'm not trying to be a jerk, nor to prove you wrong. In fact, I WISH you were correct. I looked at my paper statement just last week. It shows my earnings since 1970, and the SSi taxes withheld. It says: ( from memory, I don't have it with me) 'based on your earnings history- you should expect to receive $1763 @ month if you retire at age 62, 2363 if you retire at age 66, and 3323 if you retire at age 70. Note, it never says there is money sitting somewhere to pay that, and it never says you WILL receive that. It's no different than Publishers Clearing House saying IF your number is drawn, you will receive $5,000 A week.

In 2013, SSI took in 725 billion in taxes. Paid out about 748 billion in benefits. Last year they took in 828 billion, spent 848 billion. They take your tax money and pay Grandma. It's not sitting waiting for you. In 1935 there were 35 paying in for every one taking out. Today its more like 3 in to 1 out. It's a ponzi scheme. The Oldsters got the money- you will get the bill.

Take my Mother in Law (please). She has been withdrawing on her husband's account since 1985. He paid in at most 30,000. She's taken the minimum payment each month, but it adds up to over 330,000 she's received. No bank account could do that...

7. Magoo

They can send you a check every month Jimmy,

I guaranty, don't worry, be Happy
    Take time and smell the roses

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I expect I'll get all of mine. Guys like 20 might get some. My kids will only get the bill...

9. Magoo

If they vote Republican thats exactly what they will get.
    The program will end when people say it does, vote for the people who want it gone and thats what they get.
    Of course what will the nation do with all the old folks out on the street that's for them to figure out.

10. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

The parameters of the SS program need to change.
    Currently 40 credits(4 credits per year) is all that is needed to qualify,that should be doubled.
    Something needs to be done with SS disability, either vastly reformed or eliminated, many are scamming the system.

Northern Flash and a9faninnc like this.
  11. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Yea,those that are worried about the old folk,dont have a problem skimming it before retirement age..

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It might happen before Jan 20, 2017

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Duplicate sorry

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  14. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

If I loved corporations I would love Obama. Corporations are necessary, and a radical, lawless, leftist is not.

15. Northern Flash

:off topic:
    I know......but I just told my wife today that MLK would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what this Black Lies Matter trash was up to.

16. Northern Flash

Mags is now looking for the "unfriend" button. Run for cover. :732::chairshot::hide:

kantgetryte likes this.
  17. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

If Social Security was such a great and wonderful program
    here is an idea, make it optional

See how many people are willing to put their money where their mouth is
    Stop taking the money out of peoples checks before they see it
    have them sit down and write a check to the Social Security Administration each and every month

18. Magoo

You may qualify for Social Security with few credits but you won't get much of a check either, everyone doesn't get the same check

20_yrs_2_go likes this.
  19. Magoo

Like they do with Federal Tax's right, I'm sure everyone would happily write a check and drop it in the mail every month.
    Only under threat of jail would they do that.
    Thats the part that gets most of us the thought of going to jail is should we say uncomfortable.

20. Magoo

Lots of people don't like any of it, that is until they need it.
    Then they wonder why it's so difficult to get it