Request for information of NFI

Cerberus_Kelpie

TB Veteran
Credits
Greetings current, former and potential Drivers!!

I'm currently undergoing the hiring process for Regional Driving and curious about company functions as well Driver responsibilities.
Terminal I'm interested in is Kernersville, NC specifically for the Dedicated Lanes yet I guess I'll need start in Regional.

ANY current, former or applicant Drivers, please present your views regardless of content structure (of course eliminating any profanity).

Thank you for your time. :bouncy:

NFI has FORCED DISPATCH TO NYC (Bronx, Burroughs, Long Island) even if one is driving the supposed Southeast Regional, which, on the website is listed as Southeast ONLY. Well, not anymore.
Best to ya!!

This is a necro thread but I've been with these folks for almost a year and figure I'dput my experience up.

Each office is kind of its own little kingdom so your mileage will vary but all the folks at my location (Staples dedicated) are easy to get along with.We have fairly new tractors now (almost all '12-13s) and they fix their stuff. We have elogs.

The insurance is really bad (it's kinda backwards. They only pay a small amount for a given procedure and all the rest is on you, but it's still expensive. It's the worst of both worlds, you spend a ton on premiums and you'll still be bankrupt if you get sick.

They hold back $500 from your pay ($10 a week for 50 weeks) in case you damage the truck. You get it back if you return the truck clean and intact when you leave. They slipseat a lot so you have to clean the truck out whenever you go home.

I make .35 a mile, $6, a stop, and $15 an hour for breakdowns and delays over an hour.

They are always advertising for new drivers here at $1000+ a week. I see 1k gross maybe once every 6weeks, mostly it seems to run in the $700-900 range,which coupled with the high insurance costs means my take home runs in the $500-700 neighborhood. Seems a bit strange that we always are adding drivers when there isn't enough work to keep the folks they've got busy.

I'm following DonRobbie's lead. Been with NFI for 18 months (Bolingbrook, IL....Trader Joe's dedicated) The insurance sucks!!! The pay is ok if you are willing to work 7days a week and 3000 miles or deliver 20 stores a week for local drivers. I know of a couple local guys making 1600 a week. I did 3100 a week regional and made 1300 gross. This all changed this year with the new rules. I don't get a reset and they are shortening runs.....going to make all runs turnable. I am looking for a new home. Times are changing and people are running away. Good Luck.