FedEx Freight | results from eph

I bet the rerouting starts very soon. To fedex the Union is a cancer and right now it's just a small spot on its back that's caused from to much "crying" sun light. If you think this company wasn't prepared for this I'd advise you to think again. If they need volunteers to go up there and do some laydown runs I know me and a bunch other people would volunteer. For those of you that say they can't do that I advise you to look at the history of this company and research back to Arkansas Freightways. It's been done before and it can be done again. If it takes sacrifice from us other drivers to make the union go away then you guys are going to be in deep trouble. Because there's more of us to support this company then a few of you people that support the union.

No one said it would be easy... Am I reading this correctly, you would refuse to pay dues, cross a picket line and share the same benefits as a union member??...LOL

I bet the rerouting starts very soon. To fedex the Union is a cancer and right now it's just a small spot on its back that's caused from to much "crying" sun light. If you think this company wasn't prepared for this I'd advise you to think again. If they need volunteers to go up there and do some laydown runs I know me and a bunch other people would volunteer. For those of you that say they can't do that I advise you to look at the history of this company and research back to Arkansas Freightways. It's been done before and it can be done again. If it takes sacrifice from us other drivers to make the union go away then you guys are going to be in deep trouble. Because there's more of us to support this company then a few of you people that support the union.

I think you would be surprised at how many people don't feel the way you do!! I'm sure there is some sort of lawsuit that can be put against fed ex if that happens plus the news media would eat that up workers unionize fed ex closes terminal not good morals for fed ex they would loose lots of customers and $$$

Yes you did, and that was a mistake on my part kudos to you and I sincerely apologize if I in any way disrespected you. However GO40 seized onto your post to prove his point. What started this whole stupid argument is I was quoted as saying something I didn't say, I did not come to trucking boards to get in anyone's head I came to give a little perspective which is not really welcome here by many. But to suggest that someone lose their union membership or Benifits because the don't think the right way doesn't help the pro union argument. If I were in the fence I would have to ask myself if I get into this and I don't agree will I lose my Benifits, thoughts like that and there are people aren't any better than what FedEx does.
The reason I'm responding is you mentioned me in this post.They are called bylaws, every Union has them & they were put in place for people like you.... Obey or pay its that simple....

The reason I'm responding is you mentioned me in this post.They are called bylaws, every Union has them & they were put in place for people like you.... Obey or pay its that simple....

People like me, what bylaw did I violate? How about the former Teamsters on here that are working in their craft for a nonunion company? That is reason for forfeiture of your union membership.

There nothing wrong with Teamsters working for a non-union company in their craft as long as they're not drawing a union pension.

There nothing wrong with Teamsters working for a non-union company in their craft as long as they're not drawing a union pension.

I wanna know who DIDN'T see this coming.. With all the layoffs and such, it was destined to happen... Usually the pension "should" be in question at the time of the interview.. I say if the company hasn't a problem with it, the contract doesn't conflict with his/her pension, then the guy/gal should be able to work where they want... I can see the company's doubts about it happening, but that's for their own selfish reasons.... What's the saying,"If you're doing nothing wrong, you have no worries"....

Last edited by a moderator:
FACT average of .34/hr

We are and do everyday. Whats not fair is our healthcare costs going up and using the ACA as a excuse and only striving to be slightly better. All the while posting profits and a stock price higher then UPS. UPS still has a great healthcare plan like the one that was taken away.

Why do you want to look over UPS? ABF AND YRC are not comparable to what Fedex and UPS do as corporations.

It is crazy but the problems with those companies where not caused by the Union. It was poor managemental decisions that ruined things. If anything the Union employees tried to help by voting to give back to help the company.

Glad we can agree on something and the only way we can get a seat at the table to talk about the lousy pension is with union representation. Because they have shown us year after year that they are not listening to us anymore.
There should be a 2 thumbs up button