Yellow | Retire at 62 with 18% or $*

codebreaker

TB Lurker
Credits
No one knows the facts and figures yet to be determined about what will happen with the future pension benefits in the trustees hands. My understanding is that no matter what the participants vote, the trustees still have the final decision.

I know for a fact that a lot of active workers, who did not qualify under the MOU's about retiring at age 62, with the qualifications of age plus years of service were planning on retiring at the age of 62 and taking the 18% reduction in pension benefits. These workers must now do the math. If you were in that group and the trustees decide on a 30% reduction in pension benefits, the calculations is that now if you retire at age 62 you will now reduce your pension benefits by a grand total of 48%. So welcome to the world of reality, you now face a minimum of 3-4-5 more years of working. The sad part is that I know that a lot of these active workers do not have any realization of all that has gone on in the last 3 or 4 weeks with this new legislation. The small terminal that I retired from has about 4 or 5 workers that only kept up with this type of information was when I told them about it. They are going to shocked into reality when they get the notices in the mail from CSPB about any new changes. I hope they take the time to read the about any changes and not just figure this is some computer generated letter and throw it in the trash only to find out in a few years that their American dream is now a few more years away.

No one knows the facts and figures yet to be determined about what will happen with the future pension benefits in the trustees hands. My understanding is that no matter what the participants vote, the trustees still have the final decision.

I know for a fact that a lot of active workers, who did not qualify under the MOU's about retiring at age 62, with the qualifications of age plus years of service were planning on retiring at the age of 62 and taking the 18% reduction in pension benefits. These workers must now do the math. If you were in that group and the trustees decide on a 30% reduction in pension benefits, the calculations is that now if you retire at age 62 you will now reduce your pension benefits by a grand total of 48%. So welcome to the world of reality, you now face a minimum of 3-4-5 more years of working. The sad part is that I know that a lot of these active workers do not have any realization of all that has gone on in the last 3 or 4 weeks with this new legislation. The small terminal that I retired from has about 4 or 5 workers that only kept up with this type of information was when I told them about it. They are going to shocked into reality when they get the notices in the mail from CSPB about any new changes. I hope they take the time to read the about any changes and not just figure this is some computer generated letter and throw it in the trash only to find out in a few years that their American dream is now a few more years away.

I have found this to be true after running into a couple retirees that I know from the golf coarse I had to show them a article on my phone before they would believe it...
This has to be brought out more.... articles in area news papers word of mouth maybe even local radio stations the more that it is brought to light that there was a grand total of 7 minutes of debate to decide a retirees pension may open some eyes....

I will just keep showing up until I cant anymore long as they got the money I got the time oh didn't say anything about working this work force mite be to old for that !!!

All of this has been talked about since the Ron Kerry days. Over the years we just blocked it out figuring it would never happen. It's a shock that it's all in play now. We just have to use the grapevine method to spread the news.

I have found this to be true after running into a couple retirees that I know from the golf coarse I had to show them a article on my phone before they would believe it...
This has to be brought out more.... articles in area news papers word of mouth maybe even local radio stations the more that it is brought to light that there was a grand total of 7 minutes of debate to decide a retirees pension may open some eyes....

Hey pita, I put a sample letter in the billions and trillions thread, you may want to see. Thanks!

the deduction for retiring early is 18% at 62 and 25% at 63.
Are you sure that is milk you are delivering? I thought the penalty was 6% each year, being 18% at 62 and 12% at 63, and so on. Fill me in, if I am wrong. Please do not let this be true. Are we living in a twilight zone. The more you work, the more you lose. :1904:

the deduction for retiring early is 18% at 63 and 25% at 62.
Are you sure that is milk you are delivering? I thought the penalty was 6% each year, being 18% at 62 and 12% at 63, and so on. Fill me in, if I am wrong. Please do not let this be true. Are we living in a twilight zone. The more you work, the more you lose. :1904:
Sorry I put that down back words. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Sorry I put that down back words. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
That's OK, I have spent two day trying to figure if a father and son, can be one year apart in age. Cab lizard and MUD, must have spent some time in UTAH. I was only worried about twins, ( two rail trailers )