Yellow | Retirement....2015

freight janitor

2nd generation teamster
Credits
we need to get our retirement back in 2015 !! i called central states they said i had 23.2 years , had to work tell im 65 . i cant see myself doing another 16 years . teamsters need to make sure ABF still pays full amount , cause if they let them off with a less amount were screwed . we need the 30 and out again !!!!

we need to get our retirement back in 2015 !! i called central states they said i had 23.2 years , had to work tell im 65 . i cant see myself doing another 16 years . teamsters need to make sure ABF still pays full amount , cause if they let them off with a less amount were screwed . we need the 30 and out again !!!!
I left roadway 5 years ago beacuse of the pension after 10 years with them. Im now with abf, the way I see it you voted it away now deal with it....

I left roadway 5 years ago beacuse of the pension after 10 years with them. Im now with abf, the way I see it you voted it away now deal with it....
If you left 5 years ago, you did NOT leave because of the pension.

Maybe you should wait before you conclude you made a good move..thanks to Muler there are those who would consider exiting the pension in favor of a company 401. The company loves to see that. But then the IBT is there to protect you people..from yourselves

Maybe you should wait before you conclude you made a good move..thanks to Muler there are those who would consider exiting the pension in favor of a company 401. The company loves to see that. But then the IBT is there to protect you people..from yourselves
only time will tell?

If you left 5 years ago, you did NOT leave because of the pension.
whatever time the merger was happening ??? Worked out of barn 131 pittston pa. Then went to 120 tannersville for 4 months ....... Many people on this site know who I am and can verify I'm not lying .....

Teamsters and Central States Fund needs to get YRC to start paying the full amount in, and make sure their employees are treated and taken care of like they deserve to be. To much management and real bad decisions are no excuse.... They should be held accountable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody "Voted away" our pension!!!!

If the Teamsters, and Central States Fund would have been honest with their members, I bet the vote would have been different. They only told you what they wanted you to know, and not tell you anything more, even as far as not telling what was going to happen or could happen.

whatever time the merger was happening ??? Worked out of barn 131 pittston pa. Then went to 120 tannersville for 4 months ....... Many people on this site know who I am and can verify I'm not lying .....

I was only disputing the time frame. Sure seems to me that given the inflammatory post you've been treat pretty well. I don't think the reverse is true. Just my opinion though.

"Teamsters and Central States Fund needs to get YRC to start paying the full amount in" Surely you can`t be serious? Go from paying $3500 a year towards retirement ,to paying some where around $17000 a year. Where is the money going to come from?

I was only disputing the time frame. Sure seems to me that given the inflammatory post you've been treat pretty well. I don't think the reverse is true. Just my opinion though.
Dident think my response was harsh just truthful....

The tone and nature of your comment shows such a lack of concern for your former colleagues and Teamster Brothers and sisters...You should realize that your circumstances are just that...yours... Others have different circumstances and situations that dictate different choices than yours...so by your statement you appear to be saying to everyone else.."I got mine to bad for you" or "I'm so much smarter than all of you"... either way it doesn't impress anyone in a favorable manner....The issues at the time of the vote were much larger than just the pension...the vote, and the resulting consequences thereof, was a logical compromise in exchange to keeping the Company solvent and provided some semblance of hope for the future for so many Families. If YRC were to fail what do you think the ramifications to ABF would be? Just because your at ABF does not in any way assure that your pension is "safe".. I would recommend that you give more thought to your words rather than posting such simplicities.

"Teamsters and Central States Fund needs to get YRC to start paying the full amount in" Surely you can`t be serious? Go from paying $3500 a year towards retirement ,to paying some where around $17000 a year. Where is the money going to come from?
Where do you expect it to come from? ABF? That's why I responded in the first place .... Every company should be responsible for their own employees the pension is dead, time for a different plan....

The tone and nature of your comment shows such a lack of concern for your former colleagues and Teamster Brothers and sisters...You should realize that your circumstances are just that...yours... Others have different circumstances and situations that dictate different choices than yours...so by your statement you appear to be saying to everyone else.."I got mine to bad for you" or "I'm so much smarter than all of you"... either way it doesn't impress anyone in a favorable manner....The issues at the time of the vote were much larger than just the pension...the vote, and the resulting consequences thereof, was a logical compromise in exchange to keeping the Company solvent and provided some semblance of hope for the future for so many Families. If YRC were to fail what do you think the ramifications to ABF would be? Just because your at ABF does not in any way assure that your pension is "safe".. I would recommend that you give more thought to your words rather than posting such simplicities.
I still have a lot of friends that work at yrc my response was to the last part where it said the teamsters should make ABF pay the full amount until 2015, what if they can't afford to pay the full amount? The point I'm trying to make is if yrc can't pay 100% why should ABF ....

I still have a lot of friends that work at yrc my response was to the last part where it said the teamsters should make ABF pay the full amount until 2015, what if they can't afford to pay the full amount? The point I'm trying to make is if yrc can't pay 100% why should ABF ....

You work for ABF? Stick to the ABF board then, Punk.