ABF | Retirement Doubles

KHhbu4W.jpg
Big R kept those Fords so long they qualified for antique tags.

Bro. Seabreeze.......My former boss is so young he has no idea what company that is.....

I'll tell him it was Cornfibulated Fruitways,.....a Division of ABF years ago.........Special Calamities Division.........

I was flexing my glutes the whole time. Can you tell?
:438::452:

Hah! With all due respect Brother,......I really don't want to think about anyone of the male persuasion flexing their glutes,....

I'm shading my eyes now, looking at that picture......

Hitting Roadway off the Union hall extra board in Pittsburgh in the '70's..........."Here's the keys, kid,....and this thing that looks like a loose-leaf novel is your bills".............A 45 foot fixed-tandem trailer,...........and one of those tractors.........NOT the newest one, mind you,.......but the one down by the riverfront behind the shop next to the oil drums with the low steering tire and the crack in the passenger window..........

Now,......wrestle it out of the Strip District, and go peddle Downtown Pittsburgh............Hey! You'll need a two-wheeler to strap to the front of that Fine Piece Of Equipment........

My arms grew two inches that day,.....and coupled with the semi-permanent hunch that appeared on my back,..........I walked like a caveman.....

Got off about 12 stops and made 3 pickups..........in 7 miles on the odometer.......

Caught hell for bringing back 16 stops........

Hitting Roadway off the Union hall extra board in Pittsburgh in the '70's..........."Here's the keys, kid,....and this thing that looks like a loose-leaf novel is your bills".............A 45 foot fixed-tandem trailer,...........and one of those tractors.........NOT the newest one, mind you,.......but the one down by the riverfront behind the shop next to the oil drums with the low steering tire and the crack in the passenger window..........

Now,......wrestle it out of the Strip District, and go peddle Downtown Pittsburgh............Hey! You'll need a two-wheeler to strap to the front of that Fine Piece Of Equipment........

My arms grew two inches that day,.....and coupled with the semi-permanent hunch that appeared on my back,..........I walked like a caveman.....

Got off about 12 stops and made 3 pickups..........in 7 miles on the odometer.......

I'm guessing things haven't changed. Much.

His semi-permanent hunch has taken up permanent residency and it is now more pronounced.

I believe my brains migrated to the hump to provide more muscle mass,........and to alleviate any potential catastrophic head injury by conveniently leaving the cranium empty.

I always said they never hired me for my looks.........or brains.......

Update on the Retirement Doubles:

Finally contacted ABF HR,..........apparently the paperwork wasn't processed until very, very recently. I think this may be due to the relative inexperience of my former manager,......at least as far as retirements go. I was his first one........

Oh, well........He'll be getting a lot of "experience" in retirement processing in the next year or so. About half our little barn will go....

Finally contacted ABF HR,..........apparently the paperwork wasn't processed until very, very recently. I think this may be due to the relative inexperience of my former manager,......at least as far as retirements go. I was his first one........

Oh, well........He'll be getting a lot of "experience" in retirement processing in the next year or so. About half our little barn will go....
Pictures or it didn't happen. :hilarious:

What do you bet me he's fantasizing about it already...

Any dispatcher that tells you to make 28 stops and 3 pickups with a 45' in downtown Pittsburgh, PA then complains you brought back 16 stops, should be stood up against a wall. von.