FedEx Freight | Rewarded Parking Spots

Redracer3136

BANNED
Credits
After seeing this on another thread, it got me to thinking of something that is done at our center.

When a TDC participant wins a state title in any class, they’re awarded a lifetime parking spot of their choice in the employee’s parking lot...lifetime, really?? Don’t get me wrong, this is a great accomplishment on their part because from what I hear the competition is fierce, but lifetime?? I could understand being awarded the spot for one year because that’s how long they reign as State Champion, but lifetime??

Now if they win the Nationals and reign as Grand Champion then lifetime would be appropriate IMO because that’s a major “lifetime” accomplishment, but lifetime for State Champ seems far fetched to me...

Any thoughts....

After seeing this on another thread, it got me to thinking of something that is done at our center.

When a TDC participant wins a state title in any class, they’re awarded a lifetime parking spot of their choice in the employee’s parking lot...lifetime, really?? Don’t get me wrong, this is a great accomplishment on their part because from what I hear the competition is fierce, but lifetime?? I could understand being awarded the spot for one year because that’s how long they reign as State Champion, but lifetime??

Now if they win the Nationals and reign as Grand Champion then lifetime would be appropriate IMO because that’s a major “lifetime” accomplishment, but lifetime for State Champ seems far fetched to me...

Any thoughts....

I believe the State Champion TDC parking spots to be one year. At least that's how our center awards them.

And yes, there were Senior Road drivers that wouldn't speak to our TDC winners until the year was up. (You stole MY spot man).

Any thoughts....
Just another benefit of working part time at Coop. Drivers are allowed to park in their truck spot in the yard, plus Big Dave’s hat is positioned above the lot so it shades your car from the sun...

Any thoughts....
The TDC guys practice on their own unpaid time. The people who are dedicated enough to put in the time needed to win a championship are most certainly deserving of the recognition of a lifetime parking spot.

Any thoughts....

I think they should pick up the driver from his personal vehicle in a golf cart, drive him to the dispatch office and to his truck.

When he returns, meet him with the golf cart and a cold beer........I agree, not lifetime, maybe 25 years.