ReWeigh

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by FedexLube, Dec 15, 2016.

1. FedexLube

FedexLube Well-Known Member

If I hear that phrase one more time, I swear I'm gonna throw up in my mouth. Trying reweighing the crap on inbound before u send it out

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Sex pistol and Big Dave like this.
  2. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

I recently had a lift gate with a 3,000 lb capacity collapse. Luckily I was still standing on the diamond plate on the rear of the trailer.

It was a pallet of hardwood flooring at a residential delivery. The bill said 2,500 lbs. As soon as it hit the lift gate it went down, pallet jack and all.

I'm thinking it was a missed reweigh opportunity. :poke::wavey:

Big Dave likes this.
  3. mxblue

mxblue Member

LOL!

Reweighs are probably the most important aspect of PSP on the outbound dock (originating center is responsible for re-weighing all the freight, hubs might be instructed to reweigh missed freight? Inbound doesn't reweigh :shit:.). We charge the customer for weight correction, and get the correct weight on the trailer (outbound, so we're told?) Not sure if the updated weight gets updated further down the road on the travel copies?

SwampRatt likes this.
  4. chitownpeddler

chitownpeddler Well-Known Member

Reweighs are good so we are paid for what we are moving. However when the dock worker scans the travel copy of one shipment but weighs a skid from a different shipment it gives the wrong weight for the shipment. Then it is like pulling teeth to get it corrected. I had 12000 lbs of hazmat reweighed as 1200 lbs. They said there was nothing they could do to fix the issue until I mentioned how much revenue we will be losing for not charging for the true weight. Then suddenly we were able to correct it back to the original weight. On the flip side if I am able to move a skid by hand but it was reweighed as 2000 lbs, it is nearly impossible to have the weight corrected

SwampRatt and Big Dave like this.
  5. Sex pistol

Sex pistol Never Mind The Bollocks

Being a city driver,if I'm stripping a trailer in the morning means I'm waiting for freight,so I don't even bother re weighing anything because I'm looking to get out the door.

vppforme likes this.
  6. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Well-Known Member

Dang, I think safety just threw up in their mouth. 12,000 lbs of hazmat as 1200 lbs and they were willing to just go with it?
    I weigh all my outbound trailers and occasionally find some surprises. Had one awhile back that was 9,000 lbs heavier than it should have been. SCM said put it to the dock. Found a bill that called for six pieces at 1600 lbs. We found six 1600 lb pieces.
    Oh, missed my gate and the world didn't stop spinning.

7. FedexLube

FedexLube Well-Known Member

Damn!!

8. chitownpeddler

chitownpeddler Well-Known Member

I had 330 gallon flammable totes reweighed as 1 lb each. When I brought it to managements attention they printed the original BOL and said roll with it. Then I mentioned the lost revenue and then they got a hold of Harrison to fix the issue. It was a $350. difference in freight charges.

Richard Cranium likes this.
  9. Deaf Con

Deaf Con New Member

Not trying to bring back an old topic but this irritates me. I signed up just for this post.

I work at a small 20 door center in the STL region. We were told by our morning manager(about 6 months ago) the word was we were required to reweighed ANY INBOUND FREIGHT that shows needing reweighed when we scan it off the trailer.

That said, the same manager said he was told it only makes a difference in revenue, IF the reweigh and the billed weight were 50lbs different or more.

So we reweigh several shipments every morning that the origin center or hubs, the freight traveled through, didn't weigh.

Guess how many are 50lbs different or more. In 6 months I can think of maybe 5. And 3 of those were less than billed.

Deaf.

10. mxblue

mxblue Member

Working outbound I'd get at least five a night that were 50lbs+ over. Depends on the volume. Doesn't take long, even having to manually punch in the PRO. But when your scale takes a :shit:, its :17113:

11. Deaf Con

Deaf Con New Member

Outbound yes. Same at our center. Inbound is a totally different story and that's what I'm and OP are talking about.

Deaf.