Yellow | RFO Dockman Works 24 Hour Shift?!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
:chairshot:Rumor has it that an RFO dockman worked a 24 hour shift this past Saturday 0001 to 2400! Supposedly it was his 5th day and contract has no restriction on how many hours you can work if you don't have bid to protect on the next day. Supposedly a vote was taken years ago to limit the hours worked to 15 1/2! Now I guess it's wide open and you can work until you drop?! Sounds a little "unsafe" to me! What is the limit at your barns while working the dock?!:hide:

In IND the rule is 2 hours early and 4 hours late(normally 2 late but for a freight emergency 4 is allowed). Course if you drive hit the street on the 8th hour and go long.

Makes you wonder if they have done fatigue/damage or fatigue/productivity studies. What is interesting about this, is that if someone did this, they would be "Dinged" and responsible as much at 23.5 hours, as they would when in their first 8. Talk about compromising your job.

Was this the terminal with the 92 year old dockman? Maybe he's not really working? I'm sure management checked for a pulse just so they wouldn't miss the opportunity to mail out a certified letter.

Roadway here......KC....we once had a guy work 22 hours on Saturday at 1.5 pay and 24 hours Sunday at double time. Not saying that it is right, definently not safe, but with the work rules in KC is perfecltly acceptable.

Roadway here......KC....we once had a guy work 22 hours on Saturday at 1.5 pay and 24 hours Sunday at double time. Not saying that it is right, definently not safe, but with the work rules in KC is perfecltly acceptable.

Let me get this straight. Some dude worked an ENTIRE Sunday for roughly $1080. Threw an entire day of his life away for a lously $1080. And that's BEFORE taxes, which were probably around 30% @ that rate.:biglaugh::hide:
Guess some people are just cheap and easy.

what in h...is a freight emergency

In IND the rule is 2 hours early and 4 hours late(normally 2 late but for a freight emergency 4 is allowed). Course if you drive hit the street on the 8th hour and go long.
You guys have to go to the interstates and clean up hazmat spills or somethin??? Please help me understand this one.