RFO today.....

StewieGriffin

TB Lurker
Credits
I've been meaning to do this since labor day, finally did it today. was out riding around on the Buell and pulled into the drive and snapped a few pics. i thought you former corn flakes would want to see them.
RFO008.jpg

RFO009.jpg

RFO010.jpg

RFO012.jpg

Great pics Stewie. Thanks.
I'm surprised nobody has moved into that terminal yet.

I agree, great pics Mr. Griffin. Did you get your money from Brian yet?

Also CFer, I have heard that that particular terminal in Richfield, OH is a DNR nightmare, riddled with underground diesel fuel contaminations, and oil spills.

Great pics Stewie. Thanks.
I'm surprised nobody has moved into that terminal yet.

supposedly central transport owns it, but richfield rezoned it. richfield wants the trucking stuff out, and business parks in. our terminal was gonna get torn down til we moved in. once our lease is up and we move out, it'll be gone. we're in the former putnam/ alvan terminal up the street from rfo, kinda across from the yellow (former preston) terminal that you can barely see from the street.

hard to look at and see a fine old company drove in to the ground like it was i wish i had a old cf sign to put up on the side of my barn. i wonder who got the old richfield yard how about that 1, 300,000m mile of safe driving i had well over 20years myself

hard to look at and see a fine old company drove in to the ground like it was i wish i had a old cf sign to put up on the side of my barn. i wonder who got the old richfield yard how about that 1, 300,000m mile of safe driving i had well over 20years myself

Ex cfer

Here's a suggestion.

I collect trucking signs and have had my best luck by asking owners of old trailer that don't seem to move or are storage trailer if you can buy the sign off the trailer. I alway volunteer to remove it.

Usally a 1/4 bit and a cordless drill will do the trick to drill out the pop rivets and usally they will part with the sign cheap.

also try ebay under collectables/trucking, sometimes you will find them there.

I have a CF sign but will not part with it. It in my garage on the wall with the rest of the fallen companies

The building to the left of the canopy was the linehaul dispatch office. I don't know what the round room was, but I know who to ask. I'll get back to you later in the week.

Here's what I found out about the linehaul building.

Back in the 50's the owner of Motor Cargo built that building as a restaurant and gas station. Brecksville Road was a main north/south highway then. The name of the restaurant had the word(s) round and/or circle in its name. In the CF days it was used as a conference room and later as an area VP's office.

There were also 2 separate docks on the property at one time. (inbound & outbound)
A later addition joined the two.