RFO today.....

Here's what I found out about the linehaul building.

Back in the 50's the owner of Motor Cargo built that building as a restaurant and gas station. Brecksville Road was a main north/south highway then. The name of the restaurant had the word(s) round and/or circle in its name. In the CF days it was used as a conference room and later as an area VP's office.

There were also 2 separate docks on the property at one time. (inbound & outbound)
A later addition joined the two.

brecksville rd was sr21 (still is up by the turnpike and north), which is what I 77 followed when built. with richfield being about half way between cleveland and akron, the restaurant and gas station made sense.

The boarded up part was known as the round room. Where all the doughnuts were, and the fatboys hung out.

Ahhhh, the good old days, where every locker had a fith of gin, dockworkers wore clean chinos, and you needed a wheel barrow to bring home your check

The boarded up part was known as the round room. Where all the doughnuts were, and the fatboys hung out.

I thought the "round room" was where the "mis-behaving" freight haulers were sent to stand in the corner. I know I have done my time standing in TIME-OUT .:hide:

supposedly central transport owns it, but richfield rezoned it. richfield wants the trucking stuff out, and business parks in. our terminal was gonna get torn down til we moved in. once our lease is up and we move out, it'll be gone. we're in the former putnam/ alvan terminal up the street from rfo, kinda across from the yellow (former preston) terminal that you can barely see from the street.

:hide: You forgot Thurston! :smilie_132:

:hide: I don't know if they were the originals in that building, but Bender/Louden was in there for a long long time. :smilie_132:

:hide: I don't know if they were the originals in that building, but Bender/Louden was in there for a long long time. :smilie_132:

that's the one i was thinking of. thanx. my guess is we'll be the last. when our lease is up we'll go somewhere bigger, then an office building will go up there.

the pics are great. i would rather see richfield term like that today ,than see what our money and ****-way done in buffalo. what a scam!

If any of every seen Kno Knoxville you not know it now most of the yard is gone from the add on from the business next door the dock is their but that's about all that left of the old place now sad to look at i pretty much stay away.