Central Transport | Rick Gaetz resigned this morning, replaced by Bill Deluce, current board member

Popswasnatlman

TB Lurker
Credits
Morning boys, $HIT be happening big time this morning. Looks like the appointment of CK by RG got the best of him. No doubt that Canada has the 1st Q loss numbers figured out and RG got taken out because what has happened not only over the past 6 years but mostly what has happened over the past 1.25 years since CK go appointed Pres of US Operations. My guess is CK better be looking over his shoulders on a daily basis.

This looks like a good time for Conway vp to slide into that seat bill deluce is just an interm

Agree 100% Com-On. Dave McClimon just added to BOD on the 28th of March. This was a done deal back then and though Dave is very talented and has tons of market experience, it is probably too little too late to save U.S. Operations from a shutdown at some point. 1st Q loss numbers tossed around are 17.3 million. How long does Canada put up with these losses.

beginning of the end. Vitran will close doors by the end of 2013.
thank god I left in September.

JUMP SHIP NOW WHILE OTHER LTL CARRIERS ARE HIRNG IN THE SPRING

Conway and waste management had ads for drivers here on the west coast. I really wanted to apply but I'm waiting to see what happens.

If you bend a piece of metal back and forth long enough it breaks. CK has made such extensive, fundamental, and expensive changes to Vitran I see no option but to run with them.

What I mean is Vitran can replace RG and CK but how far down the chain of command can they go before the back and forth motion breaks something?

The mass exodus of employable employees will only accelerate with this news and the fact that it is spring.

I am not sure a complete shut down is coming, but I know the terminals loosing money have been identified. Perhaps those will get shuttered or like the investor from Canada asserted late last year "sell off all US operation".

My guess is at this point the accountants will provide the information to the board that will decided the most profitable way to move forward. Just my two pennies.

It is poetic that with the announcement of the resignation the date and time of the next financial report was announced.

resigned is a nice term, he was given the option of resigning or be fired. he will prob dump his stock and flood the market, causing the prices to drop even farther.

Call me naive, but I still don't think its time to throw in the towel yet. Maybe Gaetz was just out of ideas and the board wanted to get someone in with a fresh perspective? Everyone knows we lost money in the 1st quarter and probably alot of it. IF we don't see it get busier, starting this month, then I will probably start to look for another job.

Call me naive, but I still don't think its time to throw in the towel yet. Maybe Gaetz was just out of ideas and the board wanted to get someone in with a fresh perspective? Everyone knows we lost money in the 1st quarter and probably alot of it. IF we don't see it get busier, starting this month, then I will probably start to look for another job.

Ok T.D. , we know you are a plant trying to softball everything, your bubbas in LH don't buy it nor do I. Get ready to pack your bags along with your 30 other cronies that CK brought over. Thanks for tanking the Vitanic. Time to pm my crap before I head south, good day.

The million dollar question is was he forced out or did he just say Fu** it this place can't be saved I quit??? In the end it really doesn't matter.....I just wonder if he was forced out....I don't think we will ever truly know.

Ok T.D. , we know you are a plant trying to softball everything, your bubbas in LH don't buy it nor do I. Get ready to pack your bags along with your 30 other cronies that CK brought over. Thanks for tanking the Vitanic. Time to pm my crap before I head south, good day.

Ha funny. I wish that were the case cause i would be making a hell of alot more money than Ii am now

Transforce sold about a third of its stocks a couple weeks ago.not sure if this has been on the forum yet.

I understand the sentiment, and if this were happening years earlier I would think you are on to something.

However, given all the drastic measures we have seen taken, money spent, and precious time gone during the keylon years I think this is a very bad sign. When Gaetz pushed for keylon and that whole deal I believe he bet his job on it. Gaetz cannot be seperated from his involvement with keylon.