Central Transport | Rick Gaetz resigned this morning, replaced by Bill Deluce, current board member

Keylon was the move for fresh ideas and turni g the corner. He was suppose to be our Christ Keylon, our savior and now we are worse off than ever. Not saying its over but we are stuck on the beach head not moving foward.

Don't buy into all this hype.....Please everyone stop freaking out....Its not over until the fat lady sings....Just enjoy this easy azz job until its over....Don't jump ship now .....This is no big deal...nothing changes...We will keep the doors open at least this year and maybe longer...This could be a good thing....But if it all falls apart just be glad for the time we had...In the LTL business it gets no easier than Vitran....I was looking for a job when I found this one...No big deal....If we fall I will take a break and draw a little unemployment....Life moves forward not backwards...And don't waste your time regretting the time you spent here....It serves no purpose...Everything happens for a reason. The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity.....The optimist, the opportunity in every difficulty... It's your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
he might have got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. lets wait a few weeks and see what happens. lol
It is poetic that with the announcement of the resignation the date and time of the next financial report was announced.

Honestly I think some guys won't be happy until this company goes under....Mostly all negative comments....Will it really make you happy when you get to work and the gates are locked and we are out of business.....I will be back tomorrow I can't take anymore tonight....Good grief.

I understand the sentiment, and if this were happening years earlier I would think you are on to something.

However, given all the drastic measures we have seen taken, money spent, and precious time gone during the keylon years I think this is a very bad sign. When Gaetz pushed for keylon and that whole deal I believe he bet his job on it. Gaetz cannot be seperated from his involvement with keylon.
I don't believe that's true....They can and will be separated

Honestly I think some guys won't be happy until this company goes under....Mostly all negative comments....Will it really make you happy when you get to work and the gates are locked and we are out of business.....I will be back tomorrow I can't take anymore tonight....Good grief.

I may be new to this forum, but im not new to vitran, I mean come on at least on here you can get some kind of info. I don't think anyone wants this like you say, but im guessin it would be better than showin up for work and not being in total shock like 70% of the other employees. I mean you see whats goin on like everyone else, and your right its just a matter of time....but why shouldn't someone be negative about the possibility of losing there job.....lets be real you can get more info on here than you can from any management at your terminal......I know they would never give anyone a heads up, theve never done it before!

The company is going to reveal their 1st quarter results on 4/25. Be prepared to come to work and find a padlock on the gates soon.

Before the market opens on 4/25. I thought something was up with the sale of RG's baby, the supply chain. The buying up of all that stock by transforce and re-selling nearly half within two months by transforce. Mgmt sees the writing on the wall. They are preparing the scuttle of the Vitranic. All of the preparations are underway.

Don't buy into all this hype.....Please everyone stop freaking out....Its not over until the fat lady sings....

That's what the drivers at Consolidated Freightways said! Then they found out they couldn't get their personal belongings out of the trucks and lockers after the gates were padlocked.

Not anymore my brother, this is a cold hearted backstabbing business....Anything they once had is now gone.....Trust me on that one.

What I was getting at is Gaetz would still be here if the results of Keylon's action had made us profitable. Gaetz chose to fix Vitran with Keylon. That has shown no improvement so Gaetz paid the price. I am not saying Keylon is next though.

The million dollar question is was he forced out or did he just say Fu** it this place can't be saved I quit??? In the end it really doesn't matter.....I just wonder if he was forced out....I don't think we will ever truly know.

In an effort for everyone to "save face" we will never know

What I was getting at is Gaetz would still be here if the results of Keylon's action had made us profitable. Gaetz chose to fix Vitran with Keylon. That has shown no improvement so Gaetz paid the price. I am not saying Keylon is next though.

or was CK trying to do things RG did not support, and was even in his way? CK was hired to turn things around, we will never know if ALL his ideas were explored. something must be said that CK is still here, but RG is not

and with RG's resignation......................VITRAN STOCK FINISHED IN A PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they know something we do not??????????????????????????????

granted only .057 percent.............. but a plus after all

and with RG's resignation......................VITRAN STOCK FINISHED IN A PLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they know something we do not??????????????????????????????

granted only .057 percent.............. but a plus after all
I have mixed feelings about all this NW....But I choose to remain positive...You must tear it down to build it back up...They have a long term plan....They must see this through now....Or the stock will tank and the shareholders will lose everything....We got at least a couple of years despite all the hype.

i do believe keylon is on a very short leash now and gaetz was shown the door, the "resignation" was to wrap it up all pretty with a bow. remember when kosovec "stepped down".