Central Transport | Rick Gaetz resigned this morning, replaced by Bill Deluce, current board member

The problem I have found in my searches is this. I have been here for 7 years. At this point no matter where I go I will take a pay cut and start all over at the bottom of the board and be completely stressed that come the fall I will no longer have a job.

The problem I have found in my searches is this. I have been here for 7 years. At this point no matter where I go I will take a pay cut and start all over at the bottom of the board and be completely stressed that come the fall I will no longer have a job.
That's why I keep telling everyone .....Wait until the wheels fall off....Then move on...With a good CDL you will be OK....We all have to pay our dues when you start over at the bottom....No big deal....But leave when you have to, not one second before.

What I was getting at is Gaetz would still be here if the results of Keylon's action had made us profitable. Gaetz chose to fix Vitran with Keylon. That has shown no improvement so Gaetz paid the price. I am not saying Keylon is next though.

you have no knowledge of that, they may have wanted him out and just decided now was time. You people get on here think you know what is going on, oh my sources, oh I have heard. You know nothing of what is actually going on all you can do is speculate and complain

you have no knowledge of that, they may have wanted him out and just decided now was time. You people get on here think you know what is going on, oh my sources, oh I have heard. You know nothing of what is actually going on all you can do is speculate and complain

Sounds like to me that "Tired of Whiners" is doing a lot of whining. If you do not like what is on here quit reading. The internet is not forcing you on here.

If Vitran does not want what is on here they should tell us what is going on. Instead labor is treated with no respect.

Further more, as if I have to explain to you, I have made if completely clear that none of this from a source or true. It is called reading tea leaves. Had you read the complete thread you would know this. Instead you got on here wanting to whine.

I remain positive even though most want to beat me down...We all must take the good with the bad....Some however only want the good....If you can't take the good with the bad it's best to just get out of the game...What one approves, another scorns, And thus his nature each discloses; You find the rosebush full of thorns, I find the thornbush full of roses.

That's why I keep telling everyone .....Wait until the wheels fall off....Then move on...With a good CDL you will be OK....We all have to pay our dues when you start over at the bottom....No big deal....But leave when you have to, not one second before.

That's pretty solid advice, man. I have some interviews coming up, just seeing what's out there. I guess I'm "priming the pump" just in case, lol!

Always keep your options open....That's smart....But it's way to soon to give up on this company. ...Booker T. Washington once said. "Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.... I say the secret of success is the consistency of purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K., now my turn to speculate.1.) RG left because he knew the numbers that will be announced and dumped some stock, thus got caught on insider trading or maybe not. 2.)RG was not and never has been employed at Fed-Ex, thus no reason to keep him around or maybe not. 3.) CK doesn't like him and never has, he just put up with him until such time that he could push him out the door or maybe not. 4.)If we continue to loose money at this rate, there will not be enough money to pay his retention bonus if they close the gates after the next quarter or maybe not. 5.)He actually got tired of all of this and just decided to call it a day, or maybe not. 6.) He doesn't really like CK after all or maybe not.

Maybe David McClimon was brought in really to replace Gaetz after the 1st quarter loss was reported on April 25 ??? I guess time will tell. I predict David McClimon will be our next president of Vitran by the end of this month.Since the FedEx way hasn't worked , we will try the ConWay
pattern next!!!!!!

i think chris keylon will not be in charge of u.s. operations within 90 days, if not sooner.
H.E. you know better than to make that statement....If there was someway to put a 100 dollar bill down without revealing our anonymity I would call on you to put your money where your mouth is....No way my brother...NO WAY !!!

H.E.....Your losing it dude.......90 days? No sir, it's not happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think chris keylon will not be in charge of u.s. operations within 90 days, if not sooner.

it is hard to say what is what with the higher ups... like i said before, was RG in CK's way of turning things around? did RG resign because of DMC coming on board? did RG resign on his own, or did the board ask him to in order to "save face?"
way to many things to speculate on without knowing the facts......

also in another post, it is the employees who are not pulling together as much as they could too. at my place the same still say "i don't care" and leave with freight you know will tip over,,, then a few hours later call in and complain they had a skid tip over and now have a damage claim. certain ones will always get 50 to 55 hours stroking the clock due to being friends with the TM and others, while others struggle to get their 40 while doing their job correctly.

i give CK till the end of the year, hopefully i am not here anywhere near that long, but we will see. as long as i am here, i will still do my job correctly