SAIA | Right lane

Why do Saia drivers insist on riding in the #2 lane in a 70mph zone at 1am when they can't do 70?
In Texas it’s legal. Now many freeways have signs that say no trucks in the passing lane (usually far left lane) ... I presume if it’s legal they just want to set the cruise and chill or it could be just to **** you off. If it’s a Texan at the wheel it’s without a doubt to **** you off. Just curious. How fast are you going? Don’t get me wrong I’m not condoning such behavior it’s just some drivers are just ass holes. Now as a city driver take me as an example. If the speed limit is 70 I stay in the far right lane and go around 60 because I’m in no hurry. With a camera in my face safety is always my number one priority. Plus I’m on the clock. :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Stealing time is no laughing matter.
Not stealing time. I’m driving defensively. They can feel free to terminate me anytime for driving defensively. I have absolutely no problem with that!! My chances of drawing unemployment would be better than average.

Last edited:
UPSF and R&L are two of the fastest in the southeast.Estes don't have anything for them guys,though I am talking about nighttime linehaul.

UPSF and R&L are two of the fastest in the southeast.Estes don't have anything for them guys,though I am talking about nighttime linehaul.
As am I. Dayton Freight's right up there with the two you mentioned. And every so often an OD set blows by me chasing down UPSF on 80/94. But I think we all know, a lot of drivers added in the last year have a chip on their shoulder (how's that for PC). I used to run the right lane most of the time to pass the cruise control crowd. But our beloved cameras force me to use all four lanes.

As am I. Dayton Freight's right up there with the two you mentioned. And every so often an OD set blows by me chasing down UPSF on 80/94. But I think we all know, a lot of drivers added in the last year have a chip on their shoulder (how's that for PC). I used to run the right lane most of the time to pass the cruise control crowd. But our beloved cameras force me to use all four lanes.
Lots of factors determine what lane im in,but if they catch me,they can have it.Im not gonna deliberately hold up another driver..

The " no trucks left lane " law is ignorant. Its for passing only any way. If you can safely pass without impeding traffic , which many trucks do already, i dont see the problem. Im protesting the law by hanging in lane #2 !

I want trying to get a fight started. I drive for UPGF we're taught to use the right lane it gives you an escape route. I know there are some knuckleheads that dont understand the rules of the road. Keep right except to pass. It's just common curiosity.