Yellow | Rigs turned up

newpenn22

TB Regular
Credits
I'm noticing yrc rigs are running faster in the northeast. Does this have something to do with elogs? I heard usf will b turned up soon

You have CRST PAM CONVENANT running our freight down the road at higher speeds.Kind of puts our members to a disadvantage.

Been saying that for years " Turn UP THE TRUCKS " , kinda a no brainier with shortage of help you can cover more miles per day & get more freight moved !! Oh wait that's common sense !! that won't work , my bad .

Sir, you can have all the "MORE MILES" you want. I'll take an increase in wages on the miles I currently run. Thank, but no thank you. Help yourself.

Let's get this straight, a faster truck equals more money for who?
A. The company
B. The fuel company
C. The driver
D. Both A and B
Actually from a technical standpoint both company and driver gain.This is how.Factory sets the engine rpms and road speed at say 68mph.Factory knows that the way they spec the engine the buyer will benefit greatly from less wear and tear on engine and tranny.Maximizing mpg is set by the factory.After all they know how best to set those specs.Driver benefits from less fatigue and the ability to get ahead of the traffic and possibly avoid collisions.Company also benefits by getting their prime paying freight where's it's supposed to be on time.

Actually from a technical standpoint both company and driver gain.This is how.Factory sets the engine rpms and road speed at say 68mph.Factory knows that the way they spec the engine the buyer will benefit greatly from less wear and tear on engine and tranny.Maximizing mpg is set by the factory.After all they know how best to set those specs.Driver benefits from less fatigue and the ability to get ahead of the traffic and possibly avoid collisions.Company also benefits by getting their prime paying freight where's it's supposed to be on time.

The freight would get to the next terminal a little quicker but that just means it would sit longer before getting unloaded lol

What, you don't like 60? Perfect speed for a torture chamber.

Well here's something for our CFO to crunch number's on is the cost of say 10,000 Driver's a day at 62 mph vs 10,000 Driver's a day at 70 mph , so how much O.T. pay would that save the company ?? and how many less trap trailers needed daily for nondelivery freight because of slow trucks ??

Last edited:
Well here's something for our CFO to crunch number's on is the cost of say 10,000 Driver's a day at 62 mph vs 10,000 Driver's a day at 70 mph , so how much O.T. pay would that save the company ?? and how many less trap trailers needed daily for nondelivery freight because of slow trucks ??

Too many drivers can't handle 62 mph trucks. Imagine what would happen at 70 mph.

So if they give me a 70 mph truck partner, on Monday and Tuesday my usual route is about 25 stops, 50-60 miles driving, and 11-12 hours, with 3 of those hours on inbound dock. Will they then expect me to do it in 9-10 because I have a faster truck? Be careful what you ask for.....