FedEx Freight | Rim

WornOut

TB Lurker
Credits
Are yall using the Blackberries? I dont know about them.....My disp. gets all antsy about pickups and starts sending me messages when pickups are getting heavy.... gets on my nerves. I got held up all day today with residential deliveries, mis billed shipments, and a inside del. that almost wore me out.....I got blocked off by a huge refusal, that I couldnt do anything about, pulled all my other stops around it all afternoon, just to hurry up and pick up 4 measly skids, the whole time getting blamed for not getting the frt off......man, what a day..... sometimes its like that. I may go for months just putting skids on the back of the trl.......then one day of hell. All because of billing errors, or customers not wanting their torn up and damaged frt.......can you imagine? We have a peddle that kills us every day....heavy outbound...sometimes 4 or 5 of us wind up covering all the frt....one guy fills up an X van, then we all scramble to go pick up the overflow.....which is a good thing right? More freight + more money? I love it.....also brings some good OT for me too.....seeing that X van's tires squatting when I roll into the yard.....with about 50,000.....but on a single axle? Does FX have any tandems, Ive never seen one.....hope DOT dont catch me.......what can I say?, the boss made me do it....:realmad: :busted_blue: :police: :duh:

No blackberries here in DAL.. We use the Intermec (about the same thing I guess). I've never seen a 'twin screw' either...too many pups I guess.
Days like that are becoming more and more frequent....it seems like anyway!

When I was at WML we had nextel phones with a software package that would contain your route with delieveries and pickups. It was all connected in with the dispatcher. It was a good setup but the phones were limited on the harddrive space. This also had the ability to let the dispatchers know were you were on your route with GPS. The customers would call and want to know where their freight was he could tell them what time it would be there, and made it so the driver didn't have to call in unless there was a problem.

I think we have 2 twin screws , I saw 1 of them wtih a low boy flat bed delivering some new trucks in out yard once.

Smokestack said:
I think we have 2 twin screws , I saw 1 of them wtih a low boy flat bed delivering some new trucks in out yard once.
Those two drivers probably have the very best job at FXF. They run out of Harrison and answer only to the big guys in corporate. All they do is move equipment.

I promise you, no kidding, that I have been to HRO and asked for that job in person....And all they do is laugh at me.

The top two seniority drivers here are probably the ones that have that job.

I am getting ready to leave the house now and head right down through the middle of tropical storm Ernesto. Wish me luck.

Rattlesnake said:
I promise you, no kidding, that I have been to HRO and asked for that job in person....And all they do is laugh at me.

I am getting ready to leave the house now and head right down through the middle of tropical storm Ernesto. Wish me luck.

Trucker safe

Rattlesnake said:

RAIN X............:razz:

Rattlesnake It sure looked bad on the radar screen I was looking at.
Glad you are safe along with , HBF, Jeff , D.S. & Toxic too.