RIP Everett Fred "Gutterbum" Acker - KCY

roogie

TB Veteran
Credits
Many of you know Fred from the original freighthauler pages.
Gonna miss ya bud..

From his son posting on Fred's Facebook page:

Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.
2 Corinthians 5:1

Everett Acker Sr - 11/23/1952 to 02/01/2011

Your pain is done and you are with the Lord. Well done my friend. You will be missed on this earth but we will join you soon. See you there.

Everett F. Acker Sr., 58, of Lawrence, KS., died February 1, 2011, at home surrounded by family. He was born November 23, 1952, in Sullivan, MO., the son of the late Robert Sherwin and Grace Marie Charlotte Acker. He was the middle child of 3 siblings. On December 18, 1971, he married Phyllis L. Acker. He graduated from Chapman High School in 1970. He was a dedicated employee with FedEx for 20 years. Fred was also an active member of the Centropolis Christian Church, facilitating the updates of the blog and monthly newsletter. He is survived by his wife, Phyllis Lea Acker, Son, Everett F. Acker Jr., Son Jason and daughter-in-law, Micah Acker, Grandchildren, Gracie, Zach, and Kinsley Acker, Sister, Elouise Jahnke and nieces and nephews. Mr. Acker was preceded in death by his brother, Ed and Granddaughter, Gabi. Cremation is planned. A Memorial Service will be 11:30 A.M. Saturday at the Centropolis Christian Church, Centropolis, KS. Memorial contributions may be made to the Centropolis Christian Church or Gifts of Gabi's Grace and sent in care of Lawrence Chapel Oaks, 3821 W. 6th St., Lawrence, KS 66049. Online condolences may be made at www.barnettchapeloaks.com

Although we never met face to face, I have looked up to Fred since I first read his blog. Talk about someone to look up to.....MAN.....Fred is one of those people you HAVE to look up to. Fred's now been hauling The Word of God for sometime now. I hope I get to shake his hand when I back into that final loading dock. Go with God Fred. Prayers to his family and friends.

Gee 58 is not that old?
Thanks for posting his blog page Jeff.
Where does the time go,I remember when you and Gutterbum where working to make this message board a place truckers could connect with their peers.
As well as a grape vine of trucking industry news.

I had a different handle back in those early days,but I for one am very glad he had the forth-sight to start the ball rolling on this trucking message board.
Rest in peace

This was Gutterbums last post on his blog... I wanted to put it here as a reminder to all how precious life is...

RIP Fred..

December 08, 2010Well I finally got the final decision I guess. My Dr. said it’s time we shynchronized everything between the insurance company and the hospice program. There’s nothing else that can be done as far as treating the cancer so I guess I’m just waiting to meet my maker. As wierd as this may sound, no one wants to check out earlier that they have to but at the same time it’s exciting knowing I’ll finally be sitting at the feet of Jesus. I’m still a little worried about Momma but I think she’ll be ok. She’s a srong woman and hopefully I’ve got things set up financially for her. God will take care of the rest. So all in all I guess it’s as good a time as any to “go home”. One thing I would like to tell you folks is that for all the little nit picking things that Cigna seems to want to make us do under normal circumstances, during this major crisis, the have worked with me extrememly well. I’ve never dealt with an insurance company that seemed more infolved and genuinely concerned about how you are or how well you’re feeling. I lost it a little bit talking to the gal at Cigna today telling her how I was feeling and she lost it a little bit as well. Ok, enough of plugging Cigna. Just wanted you to know they’re there for you when it counts. I guess that’s about all I have for now. My time is growing very short but it’s been an enjoyable one. Mostly thanks to Momma, but I’ve really appreciated the time I shared with all you CB rambos and the same time. Ha! Hang in there are give ‘em an extra jab for me! God Bless you all