RIP Greg Allman

This one has good sound
This one shows the screen....touching...
...Ronnie VanZandt is my favorite artist/performer vocalist/ songwriter...although Springsteen gets me with his stuff...emotional, power..

Before marriage and kids I could afford to see shows.....Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Tom Petty, AC-DC......and the Allman's........I've seen them all multiple times.

It's a passing thing, good music.....the radio is filled with no-talent trash.
They've moved on...progressed to stuff that sucks.

Anyways...this guy left us some really great stuff...thank God for bootleggers and lots of good recordings and clips which can be found.....the music industry buries a lot of treasures.
Allman's are my kind of music for my kind of people. A huge thank you to what the man and group has done.....Hopng that Warren Haynes continues touring...for when my kids are 18 and graduated...I'll be saving pennies to maybe see some shows again.
Unfortunately the good music is dying( Should visit McCartney show while he is ali

Not many left to carry the torch of music with soul. Tedeschi Trucks, is another offshoot of The Allman's legacy. Clapton is still around but due to physical ailments can't play like he used to, seems his Crossroads Guitar Festivals are a thing of the past, which to me is just a tragedy.
I've heard this band a few times.......and today I look it up...and there's warren Haynes name......they play them on Philly's WMMR...and are gonna play their MMRBQ this summer....the only good band I've heard that's new...and from what I've seen they are NOT good...but she tends on the 'evil' side.......
That's Allmans?Skynyrd type music there.
But she's got some Satanic type Southern Rock going on in other songs.

Last edited: