RIP KiwiRay (Raymond Charles (Poppa) Hocking) 01-16-1946 04-19-2014

Hello dear friends kiwi is back home that's the good news now the bad, they opened the knee 20th Jan & it was full of muck & puss so they cleaned it all out, filled the bones wit antibiotics then put another temp joint in so I am back to square bloody one after 9 months, I saw the infectious disease Dr who want's more samples to test because they don't know what infection is in the knee, but the surgeon say's no come back & we will put a steel joint in & knock the crap out of it with antibiotics, yer right that's what they are doing now I have the nurse around every day to inject my arm & after 20 minutes or so I don't know where I am & crawl to bed for most of the day talk about spaced out, plus I take an oral anti 2 by 3 times a day & get so nausea's geez I wish I could go to sleep & never wake up either that or take the bloody leg off.
well that's all for now as I am feeling real crook (ill) & must go & lie down, cheers for now kiwiray.

I am so sorry you are doing so poorly! Thank you so much for letting us know how you are doing, a lot of us have been worried about you! Get well and we will be waiting here for ya when you get better.

Hang in there, cobber. A close friend had his second knee replaced & he also had staph infection in it. He spent the holidays in the hospital which he had planned to do at home. The second replacement was going better than the first till the infection set in. He is on the mend now but has been through a lot. We're pulling for you & miss you on TB.

Praying for you here too Ray. Good luck and I do hope it all ends with the knee intact and working soon.

Greetings Ray,

Read your email and forwarded it 2 Wifey.

So the "practice clods" wanna put in a steel knee and knock you about with a storm of antibiotics. Problem there is the steel will rot out (regardless of covering because FREE medical uses the cheapest materials, like most construction firms), and you'll again have a infection except it will not be as fun as the current pain.

....plus I take an oral anti 2 by 3 times a day & get so nausea's geez I wish I could go to sleep & never wake up either that or take the bloody leg off.

MANY Folks have presented such who were and are dealing daily with enormous pain.

Leg removal would be easier, from a observers point of view, however it depends entirely upon WHERE from the leg is severed.
From what I've been reading and culling from people that have had a leg eliminated, the best place is ABOVE the knee, therefore a artificial Limb is easier to attach as well use to again learn walking as well BALANCE.

The level/dose of whatever the antibiotic is, seems a bit much,

Keep looking forward Mate and give it your best shot.
You claim you're a grumpy ole barsted, well, put that to work and climb out of the foxhole.

Other than Linde and the Nurse, remember to SHARE YOUR FEELINGS with anyone within earshot and passing along resentments helps alleviate stress.

Post when ya can.

Thank You Ray!
*WE LOVE YOU 2!!*
~Yer Mates in the states, WE of TB~

**LOVING a fellow Human doesn't mean anything other than LOVE**

Yea...Ray is home. We are sad to hear you are not doing so good. BUT!!! You're tough old geezer. You buck up on those doctors and let'em know who's running this rodeo. We will be praying for you and the the Misses.

Hi folks just to let you all know I am still breathing & the only change is the my pancreas is playing up again, just my bloody luck, I think it,s one of the antibiotics that is doing it.

Cheers kiwiray.

Hi folks just to let you all know I am still breathing & the only change is the my pancreas is playing up again, just my bloody luck, I think it,s one of the antibiotics that is doing it.

Cheers kiwiray.
Your in my prayers Kiwi

well Ray, stick to any meds the docs gave you, get your rest, and get well again.

best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I mentioned my friend that had the knee replaced in mid- December & had a staph infection. He final got the IV out last week & will try some rehab this week. He is a wuss so if he is tough enough to survive I know you can do it too.

Ray forgive my absence, I'll keep you in my prayer's, and like the rest of guy's already stated it's good to have ya back on the board. Hope them nut job's working on can finally figure out the right way to get ya back to 100%..

Hello dear friends kiwi is back home that's the good news now the bad, they opened the knee 20th Jan & it was full of muck & puss so they cleaned it all out, filled the bones wit antibiotics then put another temp joint in so I am back to square bloody one after 9 months, I saw the infectious disease Dr who want's more samples to test because they don't know what infection is in the knee, but the surgeon say's no come back & we will put a steel joint in & knock the crap out of it with antibiotics, yer right that's what they are doing now I have the nurse around every day to inject my arm & after 20 minutes or so I don't know where I am & crawl to bed for most of the day talk about spaced out, plus I take an oral anti 2 by 3 times a day & get so nausea's geez I wish I could go to sleep & never wake up either that or take the bloody leg off.
well that's all for now as I am feeling real crook (ill) & must go & lie down, cheers for now kiwiray.

GREETINGS ALL,

Due to complication at hospital AND condition of his knee, here is a e-mail received last night:

Ray
7:42 PM (13 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Dear friends,
It's Linde here, I'm so sorry we haven't contacted you but at the end of a dreadful time in hospital, Ray sadly lost his fight, and passed away at 3.15am on the 19th April. I have been at his side day and night for the last month, and was with him when he finally passed. I am only now catching up with friends slowly. I'm of course devastated and taking one hour at a time basically.
Love from Linde

Sent by Ray.H
- - -
WE lose another wonderful person.

R. I. P. Dear Mate!!

This is very sad news. Excuse me while I go someplace quiet and shed a few tears for my dear friend from New Zealand.

RIP Ray, you will be missed, by your family and friends there, and by your friends here too.

Rest easy Cobber!

Lost a friend.

R.I.P. :sadwavey: My friend. Even though ive never met Ray we chatted some what here on the computer, he even sent me reading material from N.Z.
Godspeed my friend to the Super highway in God's land, no more suffering to be had. Hammer down. :smilie93C_peelout: Cheer's my friend :guiness:

Last edited by a moderator: