RIP KiwiRay (Raymond Charles (Poppa) Hocking) 01-16-1946 04-19-2014

damn...so sorry to hear of Ray's passing. Rest in Peace dear friend, rest in peace.

Awwwww , this hurts , R.I.P. Ray , bless you old friend .
:smiley_iloveaustral:guiness: cheers to you Mate.

Needless to say but he will be missed at the world level. Please accept our prayers to the families. Ray was truely a ray a of light. Although he and I never met eye to eye, I am glad to have him in my memories as a friend. Blessings and prayers to all.

It would probably be easiest to pay your respects to our old KiwiRay here please.

He will be missed here...

Ray and i had some emails to one another. he liked old historic houses, which i live in such an area, and my house can be listed as such, if i wish to have the historical society dictate to me what i need to do. he would explain many things about his country, the sayings they have down there, and sent me a few pics of his garden and many other things. we have lost another good person, and that is always sad. it was terrible the problems he had with his knee (and other health issues), and the **** poor treatment he got from the hospital and doctors.

many of us were "privy" to some of his problems, many others were not. i was among the lucky, as Cerb was as well, but i would surmise, Cerb was more "privy" than i was. but i still appreciated what things Ray told me in confidence, and not here on the boards.

yes, he will be missed, and remembered as well.

i never met him either, only the pics and emails, but got to know him as a great guy, husband and father, and even though we are all in some pain on his passing, his family has it worse, and my prayers are with them at this time.

Please accept my sympathy for the loss. Like others I had never met Ray but we did exchange emails. He loved classic cars & I sent car show pics to him. He said he always wanted to come to the US & drive historic Route 66. We will all miss a friend we knew but never met.

I talked to Ray on the phone a few years back... Very nice guy... If someone could post his obituary and some pics I would love to add him to our remembering our friends section

So sorry to hear it, great guy may he rest in peace and I wish I had known him better.

This breaks my heart, my sympathies go out to his family. He will truly be missed here on TB.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I got this from Ray's wife

I had sent an email to Ray's wife yesterday (Tuesday) and she responded, after I had shut down for the night, i will just paste here what she wrote me.....

Thank you for your kind words. I would appreciate it if you could pass on the news to others on the forum. He was a very strong, colourful character with strong views, but was also the kindest, most caring man I have ever met. We had only 8 years together but they were as full and happy as a life-time of years.
Kind regards, Linde Hocking

Thanks P1 maybe you would like to direct her to this thread to see some of the nice things that have been said about Ray.

My dear Ray, I love you today, as I will tomorrow, you are an awesome man, thank you for your friendship these past several years!

Be good up there my friend and Brother!

James/GT