FedEx Freight | RIP to the UDT

Canadian Flyer

They Call Me CF, Eh
Credits
I haven't actually checked, but I think the Union Debate Thread probably has more pages to it than anything else on Truckingboards.

I have created this thread to commemorate the achievement. I want to thank our good buddy Smokestack for finally putting the thread out of everyone's misery. I reckon the thread wasn't of much value after the first 200 pages, if that, but most threads die before hitting 10 and fewer still make it beyond 20.

This thread is not here to continue the garbage heap. I encourage everyone to stay classy in here and treat it like a proper funeral. Make snarky comments and laugh, as long as it's not at someone else's specific expense. If you can't respect the tenacity of your opponent, please keep it to yourself.

A lot of us clash and disagree and argue on here about stuff that doesn't really matter just to dig at each other. That's where the union thread went wrong. We're all truck drivers unless stated otherwise (like my buddy mysticobra from YRC), and it shouldn't matter where you're from or if you drink the Kool aid or not. We should treat each other with a little bit of decency and respect, and recognize who our common enemy really is: the dispatcher.

So here's to the astonishing 600+ page achievement. And the hope that we can all stand back, reflect, and think of a better way. Because clearly, after 600 pages of discussion, bitching at each other didn't work.

I haven't actually checked, but I think the Union Debate Thread probably has more pages to it than anything else on Truckingboards.

I have created this thread to commemorate the achievement. I want to thank our good buddy Smokestack for finally putting the thread out of everyone's misery. I reckon the thread wasn't of much value after the first 200 pages, if that, but most threads die before hitting 10 and fewer still make it beyond 20.

This thread is not here to continue the garbage heap. I encourage everyone to stay classy in here and treat it like a proper funeral. Make snarky comments and laugh, as long as it's not at someone else's specific expense. If you can't respect the tenacity of your opponent, please keep it to yourself.

A lot of us clash and disagree and argue on here about stuff that doesn't really matter just to dig at each other. That's where the union thread went wrong. We're all truck drivers unless stated otherwise (like my buddy mysticobra from YRC), and it shouldn't matter where you're from or if you drink the Kool aid or not. We should treat each other with a little bit of decency and respect, and recognize who our common enemy really is: the dispatcher.

So here's to the astonishing 600+ page achievement. And the hope that we can all stand back, reflect, and think of a better way. Because clearly, after 600 pages of discussion, bitching at each other didn't work.
In my opinion, it does get off track from time to time but you're going to lose a lot of business by locking it....

Last edited:
In my opinion, it does get off track from time to time but you're going to lose a lot of business by locking it....
Not likely. It's the same 10 or so guys that dominate that thread. Smoke may unlock it in time with a few new warnings but nothing new can be added. Every possible subject has been covered in regards to unionization. If it was me I would let it RIP. Any positive will be outweighed by the negative. Any corporate views are taken with a grain of salt after all this time anyway. That thread has become a joke and nothing more.

It's the same nasty stuff every day by the same guys. Who can step the lowest and insult another or post something private or hurtful. That is not what we are about and I'm really tired of it. I will probably unlock it but for now it stays like it is.
And if he decided to unlock it, the entire mod team will be watching it. And there will be harsh penalties for those that continue the bullshit.