FedEx Freight | road bids

JEEP JERK

TB Veteran
Credits
if you take a road bid is it final?is there a trial period like a couple of weeks and if you decide its not for you you can go back to city and keep your spot on the list or are you screwed?:USA:

At least at my center, its final.. You lose your city seniority if you go back,,, or I would go back.. Talk to some road drivers first !!!!!

though i don't work for fedex, when it comes to l/h vs city every company is the same. first of all, can you sleep during the day and hammer down all night in rain, fog sleet and snow with out falling asleep? also, you're not gonna have a life during the week, and you'll either be a zombie all day saturday or sleep half of it away while your family wants you to do this that or the other thing. sounds ugly when i re-read what i just wrote, but that's the way it is, and i frickin love it and will never do another minute of p&d again.

I know it was final when I took the road although I would not go back right now for anything I am very happy with the road/linehaul/mr twolane didnt you tell me there was something about a window.I think twolane knows something but not shure

Oh I'd be alot happier with a better run... Some centers have alot better runs than others. Thats just a fact of usually location... We have a few good ones,,, but I'm older than most our drivers, so I guess I'm stuck,,, till I win the lottery !!

Go to the road and you are just like a new hire off the street, seniority lost forever.
You can't even bid vacation before anybody higher than you are on the road board.

Go back to the city, and a two week driver hired before you is higher on the city board than you are.

if you are in a place that does not have many runs and no turnover it would be hard to switch unless you like to run to a hub 100 miles away, work the patio for 4 or 5 hours, sometimes go back to the domocile and asked to work the patio in the cold for a couple more, if this sounds good then go for it

I have only got out of the above stated situation by the misfortune or death of other drivers, I don't wish for these kinds of things.

I love my run, but take a long hard look.... Don't do it for the money unless you are going broke, and be ready for 12+ hour days and missing half of the weekend activities with the family.

It's a great job when you finally get over the hump.

Good Luck

365Volare said:
Very well said Jeff !! (I'm in that 100 mile situation)....

I know drivers from a small cc that have been working the patio for 10 + years with no hope of changing in sight

Think about it ,

The first week I went to the road I said to myself, what in the hell did I give up my top 5 city seniority / 8 hour (give or take one) to do this.

Once you get over the hump and don't have to spend the long cold nights on the patio unless you choose to, the job is really good. Pays good too

Someone told me that you could go back to the city within 30 days, back to where you were, but I couldn't find out anything in the book. Personally, I wouldn't go back to the city for anything. I worked city for nearly 2yrs, transfered to another center, where the shortest run is 213 mi. Best move of my life. Like Jeff said, once you get over the hump, it's great. Just have to accept it, and go with the flow and get into a routine.

i thought i heard that too but its not on the books anywhere.it might have been how the prior ccm did things but this new guy if its not on the books it probably aint happening:bicycle:

thanks for the responses more then likely i'll just stay a city driver mostly because i am mid list of about 65 city drivers:USA:

Jeff said:
Once you get over the hump and don't have to spend the long cold nights on the patio unless you choose to, the job is really good. Pays good too

Unless you run out of a barn like mine. I've been on the patio for 9 years now. And this is our BEST run. And I don't see any changes in the next 9 years either :17:

:moped:

the road is OK. Some much better then others. But I enjoy where I go now. I don't have to drive so much and the other drivers on the patio are great except for one and he knows who he is. (I love you Buddy.) Take the good with the bad. Sometimes it really does suck that is for sure.