FedEx Freight | Road/City Pay scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with 365 if i could go back in to the city and regain my senority i would go back today,and i believe fedex is the only company that dont allow you to regain your senority most companies when you transfer from road to city after 1 year you regain it back,well you guys with the big road runs better get ready cause when fedex gets this freight flow the way they want it all of us are going to be working the dock.they dont need road drivers they need dock labor and thatsd the way it is going to be. C D L stands for COMMERICAL DOCK LABOR dont for get it as long as you work for FEDEX.

freightslave said:
The road does not have to hear every day about just one more,or have boring preshifts every morning,or when it slows down having their hours cut.
how about dealing with the intermec,or worry about AM/PM times.
Getting bombed with P/U on there lunch.
I could go on

:wacko: Your right. They don't get there hours cut, there run just gets cancelled.

Sorry...... I didn't mean to get some of you so upset. I can see that this thread will only create problems for everyone. And the point was not about $$$$ it was about hours.:wink1:

chainsaww said:
This board just goes around in big circles, next stop...Seniority and one board!!!

Why do you even waste your precious time here?

Well i got a great idea you go on a crusade to get the same amount of pay for 8 daytime hours that road drivers get for 11-12 nighttime hours and brother i'll jump ship and join Jeff's crusade for all one board or year and a day crapola because believe me 90% plus of all night time road drivers would love to work 40 daytime hours and make what we now work 55-60 night time hours for!!! :Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01:

PocketChange said:
Well i got a great idea you go on a crusade to get the same amount of pay for 8 daytime hours that road drivers get for 11-12 nighttime hours and brother i'll jump ship and join Jeff's crusade for all one board or year and a day crapola because believe me 90% plus of all night time road drivers would love to work 40 daytime hours and make what we now work 55-60 night time hours for!!! :Banane01: :Banane01: :Banane01:

It's all about you isn't it pc ? me me me :clap:

PocketChange said:
Amen dude...don't know about one board though...maybe bid vacations on one board.:ranting:

10 speed said:
i agree with 365 if i could go back in to the city and regain my senority i would go back today,and i believe fedex is the only company that dont allow you to regain your senority most companies when you transfer from road to city after 1 year you regain it back,well you guys with the big road runs better get ready cause when fedex gets this freight flow the way they want it all of us are going to be working the dock.they dont need road drivers they need dock labor and thatsd the way it is going to be. C D L stands for COMMERICAL DOCK LABOR dont for get it as long as you work for FEDEX.
I thought we had that 1 year after the transfer, you get all your senority back, should be that way with a grey area....You are granted one voluntary transfer per let's say every ten years!!!! This way you know what you are in for.:tongue0002:

mtpockets said:
I thought we had that 1 year after the transfer, you get all your senority back, should be that way with a grey area....You are granted one voluntary transfer per let's say every ten years!!!! This way you know what you are in for.:tongue0002:

Dude if they did that they would have to put some of the drivers here in a straight jacket and a rubber room

Pompano said:
Sorry...... I didn't mean to get some of you so upset. I can see that this thread will only create problems for everyone. And the point was not about $$$$ it was about hours.:wink1:
I'm not upset...

Jeff said:
It's all about you isn't it pc ? me me me
:bowdown: :whistle: Maybe.....

I believe many of you are missing the point here...
I don't expect to get the same money for 40 hrs that you guys get for 50-60 hrs...(day, night, whatever).
I do expect to get the same pay for 8, or 40 that you do. Your job is no more difficult than mine, nor is it more important...
As I said before, if you work nights, the pay should be more!.. for both city and road.
--Don't think you guys should get a pay cut...think we should get a raise..

Hey, Why can't we all get along ? It's our choice to work here... Face the facts of life,,, the Less you do, the More you get paid.. Thats just the way it is.... Big daytime runs making 1600+ a week,, in a new truck,,, or little guys with a "small" night run with 4-5 hrs dock work and no home time for ALOT less $$. Or sweating in the city... Nothing is perfect unless you are rich...

killmypc said:
$22.59? Not Here!, but road pay is same...53cpm. I believe top pay here is 20.63,..30.94 on OT. Works out 273.33/day. Over 200.00/wk. And on an 8hr day, thats over 5.00/hr. To me, thats a big difference.

So basically what you are saying driver is you want the pay but still work 8-9 hrs a day and go home to your wife ,sleep durring normal sleep cycle etc etc .geez you dont want much .I am so sick to death of this get the BIG picture here driver hours= dollars If you worked the city 11.5 hours with the ot you would make the cabbage too it is not our fault the company puts the hold on the ot.I wish to god all you crybabbies could run the road for about 3 months partly in the winter and partly in the summer you would get an education you gotta do it for more than just a week get a good dose of it 3 maybe even 6 months january to july up in my area we would see how big your balls are about the second week of january . and it is so cold out the road salt isnt working of course at night no sunlight to warm the road up and dry her out like durring the day so she is a sheet of ice from Cortland ny to right down to into scranton and up and down and around with a set of doubles he he you will be going oh can I use a van tonite hehehehe no dice I dont even know why I wasted my time with this post you guys all you see is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ not anything else dont want do the tasks that come along with the $$$$$$$$$$$$ you want just the $$$$$$ and still peddle your freight durring the day

Status
Not open for further replies.