TForce | Road Driver Information

yorkt

TB Lurker
Credits
Got a call today for an application i put in for a road driver out of York,pa. I have a pretty good job now, so i wanted to get info. before i call her back. Does ayone know about how many miles a week road driver gets, and if they get home every night? what would be the starting pay and is it steady work? Also, are road drivers required to work the dock?...Any info. would be greatly appreciated...thanks

You can only get accurate Information from the terminal you would be hired at. I will say this though, Starting at the bottom of the list and with the slow months ahead of us, this position is a risk whether you will get the miles you want and whether you will work everyday. If you have a steady job that you are happy with, think real hard if you can afford the risk. Speak to the terminal manager about this.

Got a call today for an application i put in for a road driver out of York,pa. I have a pretty good job now, so i wanted to get info. before i call her back. Does ayone know about how many miles a week road driver gets, and if they get home every night? what would be the starting pay and is it steady work? Also, are road drivers required to work the dock?...Any info. would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Stay where you are.

I am a road driver for the last year at the bottom.

Worked about 2 days a week all last winter.

Guy got fired in march so I moved up and was covering vacations this summer which wasn't to bad, but then they cut runs so back to no road work.

Now I am in the city making half what I made at night and that should dry up in a month or so.

This place is nothing but promises that never materialize.

You will work the dock, live by the phone and generally go broke.

I am leaving as soon as I can find something else.

thanks for the info. busternite and roadrnnr2007. Like i said, i have a good job driving for the harley davidson account, i just thought this might be better. I did set up an interview for monday to see what they have to say,but I,m thinking twice now...appreciate the info.

thanks for the info. busternite and roadrnnr2007. Like i said, i have a good job driving for the harley davidson account, i just thought this might be better. I did set up an interview for monday to see what they have to say,but I,m thinking twice now...appreciate the info.

Who do you haul for that has The Harley account?

Wish I could do that around here.

Would love to Haul harley's around.

I spend alot of time in the dealerships allready:-)

I would agree with both replies you have recieved. If you are seriously considering a move, I know Harrisburg (Northeast Hub) is only 30 miles down the road, and with the growth of our company, that might be an option to you. There are alot of road positions in Harrisburg, and you'll be on the bottom, not working much. But, you will have guys retiring and leaving the company for whatever reason more often than York, and you may land something more stable (key word, may). Just food for thought!

Read in the paper today that Harley is thinking of closing that plan in Pa. and moving to another state. One of the new locations was Shelbyville.,Ky. but can't remember the other two. Might have been on Speed news too.

Just don't take me the wrong way. As in any LtL company being at the bottom of the list is a risk. If you you can afford the risk it may not take as much time to move up the list as we are a growing company. Once you get through the break in period you will be working for a great company with the highest wages and benefits in the industry.

that is something I want to live for drivers dying and leaving the company what a company to dream of working for.....this dream will inspire so many young kool aid drinkers to work here until the dream comes true...ha ha ha...........get a life and work somewhere they respect who you are and what you do....

that is something I want to live for drivers dying and leaving the company what a company to dream of working for.....this dream will inspire so many young kool aid drinkers to work here until the dream comes true...ha ha ha...........get a life and work somewhere they respect who you are and what you do....

And don't forget every company has their loyal and happy people. :biglaugh:

I see your still with the company. WHY???? Try the unemployment line, there is allot of respect there and please enlighten me, What company respects their employees???????????

so did ಠ▄ಠ, stalin and mussolini when they started out......ups is not your friend, you are spouting the montra the company wants to hear.....grow a set and make them earn your respect....so far I have seen nothing to write home about....how could anyone that ups is the greatest company to work for in the world.....love that kool aid, skip a rope and smoke some dope... that's right your the dope....guess you can get a rope......

so did ಠ▄ಠ, stalin and mussolini when they started out......ups is not your friend, you are spouting the montra the company wants to hear.....grow a set and make them earn your respect....so far I have seen nothing to write home about....how could anyone that ups is the greatest company to work for in the world.....love that kool aid, skip a rope and smoke some dope... that's right your the dope....guess you can get a rope......

Respect????? You are just a number and that's it. If you are that naive to think your hard ***** attitude will gain you respect, you are living in a fantasy world. Your posts are sounding like puffs more and more. No kool aid here, to close to retirement. Grow up!