Holland | road driver layoff hoax

easymoney1

TB Lurker
Credits
does any one have any info on layoff,s in the system? manegment in al sat us down away from the roadmen that were at our barn and told us they would layoff system wide or is this just thier way of crying the blues befor contract time. We are very busy in AL:smilie_132:

does any one have any info on layoff,s in the system? manegment in al sat us down away from the roadmen that were at our barn and told us they would layoff system wide or is this just thier way of crying the blues befor contract time. We are very busy in AL:smilie_132:
They told us the same type thing this past Wednesday. Who knows what they have up their sleeves. YRCW may drain us dry and shut us down who knows, if that happens (which I don't think will) its out of our hands anyway. You just go in every day and hope the gates are open and the checks never bounce. Look at the "CONTRACT TIME IS NEAR..." thread for more info.

Most of the road Drivers that were on layoff have been called back recently. Only a few Drivers at smaller terminals are still on layoff from last year.

All road drivers have been recalled. Business started to pick up last week aith a little better weather.

They told us the same type thing this past Wednesday. Who knows what they have up their sleeves. YRCW may drain us dry and shut us down who knows, if that happens (which I don't think will) its out of our hands anyway. You just go in every day and hope the gates are open and the checks never bounce. Look at the "CONTRACT TIME IS NEAR..." thread for more info.

Not trying to start anything but really, Why even say something like this? YRCW didn't pay BILLIONS to just take all of USF great freight and close the doors!!!:biglaugh:

Not trying to start anything but really, Why even say something like this? YRCW didn't pay BILLIONS to just take all of USF great freight and close the doors!!!:biglaugh:

Well I am not trying to start anything either but I compare Yellow to Wal-Mart. Their goal is not to be number one it is to be the only one. This is just my opinion though. With the past record Yellow has, with the shutting down of Preston, Red Star, Dugan, Bestway, probably other I cannot think of now, has open the eyes of a lot of people. Like I said just my opinion.
:smilie_132:

Well I am not trying to start anything either but I compare Yellow to Wal-Mart. Their goal is not to be number one it is to be the only one. This is just my opinion though. With the past record Yellow has, with the shutting down of Preston, Red Star, Dugan, Bestway, probably other I cannot think of now, has open the eyes of a lot of people. Like I said just my opinion.
:smilie_132:
i didn't think yellow owened red star when it was shut down. you may want to re-check that fact...

i didn't think yellow owened red star when it was shut down. you may want to re-check that fact...

You are right!! But don’t you think they might have had something to do with it??? After all this deal was done way before any of us knew about it. Maybe it was a test to see how the closings would go before they bought, again just an opinion.

Grumpy, its not me saying it, I only repeated what they told us and if you look at the other thread I referred to, Grizz said they told them the same thing in Memphis. I don't know why you think I/We shouldn't tell other people what they tell us. Thats the great thing about this website, we can let each other know whats going on every where though out the system and help each other to be better informed. I have never started or stated anything that I have known to not be true. Yes, I like to pass on a rumor but thats all, I never start them. If you read my previous post I said that I didn't believe what they said, so just take it as it was meant to be. I was just telling everyone what THEY SAID. If you thought I was trying to start something, you were mistaken. I'm a little sissy and would never start anything, really.:toxic:

You are right!! But don’t you think they might have had something to do with it??? After all this deal was done way before any of us knew about it. Maybe it was a test to see how the closings would go before they bought, again just an opinion.

no i really don't think they did. everything is'nt a conspiracy ya know.. besides that's just to much for me to think about.

no i really don't think they did. everything is'nt a conspiracy ya know.. besides that's just to much for me to think about.
Ask any ex-CF men about conspiracy theories, if you don't think the companies are trying to take anything and everything away from you anytime they can then I guess you aren't thinking. I for one am always watching and listening to what they are saying. I only have I vote but it will be an informed vote. Like Stimpy says, its only my opinion.

Ask any ex-CF men about conspiracy theories, if you don't think the companies are trying to take anything and everything away from you anytime they can then I guess you aren't thinking. I for one am always watching and listening to what they are saying. I only have I vote but it will be an informed vote. Like Stimpy says, its only my opinion.
no one even mentioned cf. this was if yellow had anything to do with the closing of red star when they didn't even own them. the cf thing is a whole different ballgame all together. i never said that there aren't conspiracies, i just said everything doesn't have to be one. just my opinion.

Yellow does not own anything. Everyone says Yellow does this and Yellow does that. Yellow Corp bought Roadway and created a holding group ( Yellow-Roadway Corp.) Under that they had Meridian IQ, New Penn, Reimer, Roadway and Yellow. They bought USF Corp after Red Star closed down. Yellow-Roadway Corp then closed USF dugan down. Yellow-Roadway then bought an Asian company and changed their name to Yellow Roadway Corp. Worldwide. They then merged Reddaway and Bestway into one. They are planning to buy 2 more Asian companies this year. My whole point of this is to say Yellow does not own anything. Yellow is one of many companies under the leadership of YRCW, the largest LTL holding company. Red Star was closed down cause they were not making money. They did not make money for 3 years before they closed. Dugan closed cause they did not make money. The rest of the companies under YRCW make plenty of money. Reddaway and Bestway were merged due to synergies. We(Roadway) went through the same thing back when we werebought. It got rid of the fat jobs and extra money being paid out. Now, we make more money than any other LTL company. Give USF a couple of years, they will be booming with profits. I am a proud Union member but I think the Big Wigs know what they are doing. I will do my part and delivery and work the freight. I will let them do whatever it takes to keep all the Union companies competitive....Just my opinion.Not trying to step on anyones toes......

Yellow didn't need Redstar because they already had newpenn period.These mergers and buyouts take some time to complete I lost my job at Redstar and I do believe Yellow was pulling the strings.This is not the first time I worked for a company that shut down over an impending buyout.Getting tired of starting all over,hopefully this will be the last:nutkick:

Yellow didn't need Redstar because they already had newpenn period.These mergers and buyouts take some time to complete I lost my job at Redstar and I do believe Yellow was pulling the strings.This is not the first time I worked for a company that shut down over an impending buyout.Getting tired of starting all over,hopefully this will be the last:nutkick:

Me too brother, I worked for CF. It really sucked to start over ay 75%!!! Not complaining though I have a job now back in the union.

christopher3573
Yellow does not own anything. Everyone says Yellow does this and Yellow does that. Yellow Corp bought Roadway and created a holding group ( Yellow-Roadway Corp.) Under that they had Meridian IQ, New Penn, Reimer, Roadway and Yellow. They bought USF Corp after Red Star closed down. Yellow-Roadway Corp then closed USF dugan down. Yellow-Roadway then bought an Asian company and changed their name to Yellow Roadway Corp. Worldwide. They then merged Reddaway and Bestway into one. They are planning to buy 2 more Asian companies this year. My whole point of this is to say Yellow does not own anything. Yellow is one of many companies under the leadership of YRCW, the largest LTL holding company. Red Star was closed down cause they were not making money. They did not make money for 3 years before they closed. Dugan closed cause they did not make money. The rest of the companies under YRCW make plenty of money. Reddaway and Bestway were merged due to synergies. We(Roadway) went through the same thing back when we werebought. It got rid of the fat jobs and extra money being paid out. Now, we make more money than any other LTL company. Give USF a couple of years, they will be booming with profits. I am a proud Union member but I think the Big Wigs know what they are doing. I will do my part and delivery and work the freight. I will let them do whatever it takes to keep all the Union companies competitive....Just my opinion.Not trying to step on anyones toes......

And yes you are right they say they weren’t making money, they are also saying Holland isn’t either (RUMOR), if you believe that I have some land that I would like to sell you.

nightowl
no one even mentioned cf. this was if yellow had anything to do with the closing of red star when they didn't even own them. the cf thing is a whole different ballgame all together. i never said that there aren't conspiracies, i just said everything doesn't have to be one. just my opinion.

And I used to work for CF, If that clear up anything.

Grumpy, its not me saying it, I only repeated what they told us and if you look at the other thread I referred to, Grizz said they told them the same thing in Memphis. I don't know why you think I/We shouldn't tell other people what they tell us. Thats the great thing about this website, we can let each other know whats going on every where though out the system and help each other to be better informed. I have never started or stated anything that I have known to not be true. Yes, I like to pass on a rumor but thats all, I never start them. If you read my previous post I said that I didn't believe what they said, so just take it as it was meant to be. I was just telling everyone what THEY SAID. If you thought I was trying to start something, you were mistaken. I'm a little sissy and would never start anything, really.:toxic:
Benny, to finish where I left off Friday morning. Our terminal's (ME-LO) presently have one thing in common(labor issues). I believe this has a lot to do with the treats from Bill L. Our TM recieved top Manager at the Vegas meetings last month. So all the sudden last week our terminal has turned into SH--. Memphis has more frt than it can handle. I guess Benny if other terminal's beside ours were recieving these treats I would worry a little. I believe Dirtball is dead on in his post. As a matter of fact Bill L made the comment the other night that Hmes had made it back to the break even or 100 O/R as of the end of last week. Benny is your terminal getting any of the Cub Cadet loads were sending North? We p/u about 50 loads a week of these lawn tractors. GRIZZ

Benny is your terminal getting any of the Cub Cadet loads were sending North? We p/u about 50 loads a week of these lawn tractors. GRIZZ

We get very little relay any more. We're the black sheep right now I guess. Every once in a great while we get some but most everything is going past us to Indy right now.

If they ever fire Mr. Billy, I'll invite you to his going away party. You know if he ever had a good idea that worked maybe he could gain a little respect from us, nah.:hysterical:

Now Mr. Rick is a different story, he used to be a TM at Yellow in Louisville a few years back. He stabbed and lied :butt kiss: his way up the ladder pretty quick from TM to VP, I'm real impressed, lol.

I talked to a trustworthy dispatcher friday nite at central and he said the revenue was up and he doesn't know of any layoffs...if one comes about i guess its time for more vacation..........

The only conspiracy any of us should be concerned with right now is the idea that Yellow bought all of these companies so they can control the Union contract. They are going to tell the Union what they are going to do, not the other way around. This is the only reason Yellow bought Roadway and Holland.

Red Star was closed down cause they were not making money. They did not make money for 3 years before they closed.

In the end Red Star was making money again. They had things turned around & there had been rumors about merging Red Star with Holland.

Stimpy may have a point... USF needed Red Star for the northeast. YRC didn't need Red Star, they had New Penn.