ABF | Road Driver

I'm pretty sure that at one time, they did a credit check on all prospective employees. I found out they did one on me inadvertently when my bank notified me of a credit inquiry......... But that was 25 years ago.

I think their......."financial" ......standards may have lowered, however.....your best strategy is to be upfront with it, if they ask.

As the Brother said above, I think they're more concerned with a good driving record nowadays. Trucking is not the easiest occupation to stay financially, maritially,.....or even psychologically...... stable in.

Good Luck!

Here's something to consider for those applying for a job. Several months ago, ABF rejected a UPS feeder driver that was applying for a linehaul job at 490 because he neglected to report that he had a misdemeanor arrest on his record from 20+yrs previous. Apparently he dropped a guy outside a bar that insulted his future wife. Both were arrested and charged with midemeanor A&B. UPS didn't seem to have a problem with this, but ABF did. Not the charge per se, but his failure to include it in the application. He was supremely qualified as a UPS driver, and still is one, triples -qualified with all endorsements. He just didn't want to move under a change of ops @ UPS. Review your applications carefully, and think of everything you can that is relevant. They WILL check. These people don't compromise just to fill vacancies, even now. His brother -in -law works @ ABF, and told the story.

Don't try to hide anything & yes social media is public domain. I mentioned some time back about the guy that was off on workmen's comp with was supposed to be an on the job injury & posted pics of himself on water skis. The local couldn't get his job back.

Don't try to hide anything & yes social media is public domain. I mentioned some time back about the guy that was off on workmen's comp with was supposed to be an on the job injury & posted pics of himself on water skis. The local couldn't get his job back.
I've heard of this sort of thing. We had a neighbor several years ago who was collecting disability for a physical 'disability'. This dude didn't look disabled while yarding his two Harley's out of his garage to shine them up several times a week. Oh, did I mention he weighed about 400 pounds? Fraud...plain and simple.

bankruptcy wont affect, traffic and criminal might, report all traffic and criminal. bankruptcy reporting is not part of application nor is them running a credit check, you have to approve it and sign off on it. ABF strictly goes by its app process, not social media, etc. They do verify all references, past employment, history. If unable to, you likely wont be hired.

Here's something to consider for those applying for a job. Several months ago, ABF rejected a UPS feeder driver that was applying for a linehaul job at 490 because he neglected to report that he had a misdemeanor arrest on his record from 20+yrs previous. Apparently he dropped a guy outside a bar that insulted his future wife. Both were arrested and charged with midemeanor A&B. UPS didn't seem to have a problem with this, but ABF did. Not the charge per se, but his failure to include it in the application. He was supremely qualified as a UPS driver, and still is one, triples -qualified with all endorsements. He just didn't want to move under a change of ops @ UPS. Review your applications carefully, and think of everything you can that is relevant. They WILL check. These people don't compromise just to fill vacancies, even now. His brother -in -law works @ ABF, and told the story.

I know someone with a similar story. Filled out apps for ABF never got called back. He had tons of LTL experience and a perfect driving record. But he had several misdemeanors from like 15 or so years ago.

He applied for an open feeder position and was hired on with no problems.

Amazing how high the Moral and professional standards have to be to get hired at the lower end of ABF's pay scale.........

Roy Slagle made a statement to the media in Memphis,(before he got the boot) that the company would consider hiring employees with misdemeanor convictions for the planned dock expansion there. That is the first time I have ever heard the company lower standards for applicants.