AAA Cooper | road drivers

do aaa cooper xtra board drivers turn every night or do they stay out 5 days a week

I drive dedicated for AAA. If by xtra board drivers you mean line haul (term to term), they turn every nite. One of the linehaul drivers that has been here a while told me they used to stay out for a week or two at a time. I think he said this was running 'wild'. I hope this answers your question. I don't work the ltl side so I'm not real familiar with the lingo.

Just to clarify. Running wild is a driver that runs routes when the regular driver is out. You pretty much have to know all the routes.

Maybe there are multiple definitions of "running wild". The drive I spoke with used the term in relation to nightly linehauls from term to term.

Running wild for me is a 12 pack of moose head and an 8-ball of cocaine. Or that route thing Ga dawg was talking about:Fart::Fart:

never heard of them staying out weeks at a time only if they were in sleepers that is the only way ,but they dont have many of those the line haulers use to have lay overs many years age, but we are only taking like one or two days at the most, the line haul drivers now are home every morning.

do aaa cooper xtra board drivers turn every night or do they stay out 5 days a week

Yes AAA Cooper used to have extra board drivers back in the 90's. I ran extra board for 3 yrs for Cooper. In 97 0r 98 they dissolved the extra board term and went to "Wild Return" drivers. They run Extra Scheuled runs. They do return ever night.:smilie_132:

well they would keep the truck clean,wash my clothes,and cook a good meal. so what if some fat hairy guy wants to lay next to you as long as we use separate covers i don't see a problem with it. hahahahahaha