TForce | Road/Linehual Driver's

JWor

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi, I am currently working as a P/D driver for another co. I called in sick for my father-inlaws heart by-pass surgery monday, and the TM "said he was going to put me on f/t that day and now he wasnt sure" . So now I'm not so sure this is where I need to be. I've been working as a casual for a year, and this is the first day I've called out.

Any way, I see they are hiring P/D and Road in Mobile. I do like the idea of being backed by a co as large as UPS. Can any one tell me a bit about how they are to work for?

I am more interested in a road/linehual possition. What kind of home time could I expect, pay, etc.

Any info would be appreciated.
Tx,
JW

requested time off

I too requested time off for kids graduation and was told too many have already asked off for same date. I have very little seniority so what am i to do? (I feel the flu coming on..lol)

well, that's a new record........post#1, are they hiring in mobile? post #5,if they were teamsters...jeez guys,regardless of anyone's position pro or con, does every stinkn' thread have to go down the same road? give it a rest and talk about runs or freight levels or something. anyway, jwor jump at the jo if you can.Like anything it will take a while to build up seniority and there are major changes coming, but Idon't regret the 23 years I've been here............good luck and welcoe to the boards

Hello, bad habit. How have you been? I agree. Give it a rest from time to time. One thing. As for freight volumes, I run to Gaf three times a week. This time of year is usually slow anyway. But, I have seen a bit better volumes comeing out of Gaf. Hope it's a good sign. One thing to remember, back-to-school shipping starts not too long after the current school year ends. Keep your chin up, and keep doing what you're doing. Good to see you.

Metal im not going to dignify that question. the only way Leos vision, which we are all sick of hearing about, is ever possibly going to materialize is when we go union. that means a lot of good hard work from everybody, and i think that is what all the nay sayers is afraid of. "i asked you first" little kid stuff. i could have answered I ASKED YOU SECOND TWOS MORE THAN ONE. people are coming arround and slowly catching on, i hope you do to because im a rocker too but my "day job" is more important. any questions?

wassesname stick a sock in it. If you want to be a union man go get a union job. You knew when you were working here it was non union so why do you think we will go union. Don't think so!

misfit73 said:
wassesname stick a sock in it. If you want to be a union man go get a union job. You knew when you were working here it was non union so why do you think we will go union. Don't think so!
The difference is now we are owned by the largest union transportation co. in the world.That means the chances of becoming union is a little more likely.It is time to get paid for all the work we do. and tiem to stop sitting around waiting for free on our own time for late frieght because the dock operations are poor and they cn't get there act together.

I would like to publicly apologize To Jeff and this board for putting a competing link on this board. I didn't really think it out before I did it.
Sorry guys this board can't be topped. I had other reasons for doing it. But this forum wasn't the way to go about it.

Skeeter.

Skeeter said:
I would like to publicly apologize To Jeff and this board for putting a competing link on this board. I didn't really think it out before I did it.
Sorry guys this board can't be topped. I had other reasons for doing it. But this forum wasn't the way to go about it.

Skeeter.

Spoken like a true man. We all make mistakes from time to time Skeeter. Little ones won't usually hurt us, but it's the big mistakes that we all need to learn from. Without learning from the big mistakes we will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Skeeter said:

Skeeter.

This deserves to be moved to a NEW THREAD
instead of being buried at the bottom of another thread and could be considered off topic

misfit73 said:

Why should he stick a sock in it?

If he wants a union job why can he turn the job he has now into a union job.
He has time invested from his life in this company and it his lawful right to pursue unionization.

Just becuse when he came here it was non-union doesn't make it ingraved in stone that it will stay that way.

Think so!

T251