TForce | Road/Linehual Driver's

hey greezy you talk-n about the yellow brick road?

You forgot the CEO.(The WIZARD)

Good night all.

Don't forget this isn't just a long week end away from work.

Many gave their lives,and limbs,eyes,and minds for all of us to enjoy the freedoms we have today in the greatest country in this whole wide world.
(The Great U.S.A.)

May the Lord direct your path it works for me

upgf-driver said:
Nightprowler;

Lazy to me is someone who looks to do the minimum even though he's capable of doing more. On our dock, they require that you bills per hour be somewhere around 5 and there are some who will do their best to attain that level and nothing more. Me, I can do 10 and I'm not running, I'm not racing around any faster than anyone else and I'm not pushing more than one pallet at a time. That's one example.

Another example is a guy who purposely takes his truck in for service just about every day just so that he can get extra hours on the clock and then he'll waste as much time before he calls in to report his departure.

Or what about the guys who waste an extra half hour each day when sent out to placard trailers.

Or the guys who make sure to take extra time on their city route to make sure they can get that hour of OT each day.

I could go on but the point is the same. These people steal from the company and they do it because they'd rather get paid for not actually working. I'm not talking about someone who slows down with age or someone who is more careful. There is a difference and my point is that the union is a haven for the lazy.

Seriously, I don't have a big problem with unions. I just don't prefer to be in one. Should we go union, then I'll have to accept it and deal with it. Now I ask, are those who want it willing to accept and deal with it if it doesn't happen? I suspect they'll try and try until they ultimately get what they want.
Many employees have been here 20,30,40, years and have dealt with it many times before. And we are still here. And we will deal with it again!

Im sick of hearing this lazy union employee thing. I have worked for "O" well over 20 years and have never seen a company like "O" protect and hold on to its lazy, useless slob employees like "O" did and still does.

BusterNite said:
Im sick of hearing this lazy union employee thing. I have worked for "O" well over 20 years and have never seen a company like "O" protect and hold on to its lazy, useless slob employees like "O" did and still does.

I think brown nosing and knee pads go as far wether your union or not........

I have seen companies keep guys that didn't even have the right to be around a truck let alone in it. NON-UNION companies.......

some people dont want a contract because they are unwilling to live up to their end of the deal. afraid of the change. i cant weight.

wassesname said:
some people dont want a contract because they are unwilling to live up to their end of the deal. afraid of the change. i cant weight.

You know that is harder to get one over on someone if that person can actually do something about it. Or is that where the favoritism rule comes into play?

tocewl said:
WOW, you just showed an example of what everyone should be, you are so awesome, but let me ask you do you take your time doing things to get some extra pay(yep, I think you do)
1st off I know I'm awesome , my kids tell me all the time . I only bid on '8 and skate' jobs (8 hrs with little or no OT ) so I can spend as much time with my family as possible . My excellent pay and benefits allow this without having to milk the clock .

tocewl said:
Or do you slow down alittle so your brothers who may not have as much energy don't look bad(yep, I think you do)
This is a good one ! If all Teamsters worked at the rate of our slowest brother , how has UPS stayed in business for over 98 years without going under ??? BTW how many billions did we make last year ? Not bad for a bunch of guys slowing down to cover " the slackers ".

tocewl said:
Do you barely meet the standards of your employer, because someone else is telling you youwork to fast(yep, I bet you do)
I can't make any sense of this one . Who is ' someone else ' ?

tocewl said:
DO YOU PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO PROTECT YOUR JOB BECAUSE YOU ARE TO LAZY TO DO IT RIGHT(yep I bet you do)
What am I not doing right ? Shopping red tags and driving the speed limit or maybe it's the proper pre-trip !!!

You might want to go back and check my post again because your cloudy perception of the Teamsters is affecting your reading vision ...OOOOR you just hate the fact that some drivers can do their job by the book , without cutting corners ( or breaking the law for that matter ) and still earn a comfortable living and have a quality family lifestyle .

Sorry if this sounds righteous but he has no clue of who I am or how I work .

BusterNite said:

I'm pretty sure every company known to man has both runners and slugs . They also have people who get all upset because they do sooo much more work than the next guy . You see it in both union and non-union companies .

I always make it a point to give a pat on the back and say " good job " to the guy who has to let the world know he's giving 110% and working so much harder than everyone else . I feel bad because it's a cry for appreciation that they do not get from our TM's .

nightprowler said:
1st off I know I'm awesome , my kids tell me all the time . I only bid on '8 and skate' jobs (8 hrs with little or no OT ) so I can spend as much time with my family as possible . My excellent pay and benefits allow this without having to milk the clock .

This is a good one ! If all Teamsters worked at the rate of our slowest brother , how has UPS stayed in business for over 98 years without going under ??? BTW how many billions did we make last year ? Not bad for a bunch of guys slowing down to cover " the slackers ".

I can't make any sense of this one . Who is ' someone else ' ?

What am I not doing right ? Shopping red tags and driving the speed limit or maybe it's the proper pre-trip !!!

You might want to go back and check my post again because your cloudy perception of the Teamsters is affecting your reading vision ...OOOOR you just hate the fact that some drivers can do their job by the book , without cutting corners ( or breaking the law for that matter ) and still earn a comfortable living and have a quality family lifestyle .

Sorry if this sounds righteous but he has no clue of who I am or how I work .

Prowler, Prowler some people only want to get people all fired up because they don't know what they want or how to get it. And are takinge out their lost time worring about other people out on someone else. SERENITY NOW INSANITY LATER!!!!

big o brown said:
I'm pretty sure every company known to man has both runners and slugs . They also have people who get all upset because they do sooo much more work than the next guy . You see it in both union and non-union companies .

I always make it a point to give a pat on the back and say " good job " to the guy who has to let the world know he's giving 110% and working so much harder than everyone else . I feel bad because it's a cry for appreciation that they do not get from our TM's .

This is funny!!!!!! Psycology is a novel concept.....

I just have a big smile for everyone.

Its really something how you can effect people by smiling all the time.
One of my famous sayings is.
Keep a great big smile on your face,and everyone will wounder what your thinking.

When one of my supervisors,or my TM says I did a good job that day.
I say I always do all my work unto God.
Today everything may have gone very good,and I'm the hero,tomorrow everything might go down the toilet,and I'll be a big zero.
But either way,I was very happy doing my work unto God yesterday,and today.
Whatever happens tomorrow I'll also be happy doing my work unto God.

You all may think I'm wacky,but don't knock it whatever works for you.
I'm in my 43rd year as a city driver,and still loving it.

May the Lord direct your path it works for me.

Apostolic said:
Keep a great big smile on your face,and everyone will wounder what your thinking.

Today everything may have gone very good,and I'm the hero,tomorrow everything might go down the toilet,and I'll be a big zero.

The smile usually means I farted and you are going to walk thru it.....Sorry I had to!

hey greezy you sound like a happy trucker to me.

You've must have been around some very sarcastic people you've always got some great come backs for all us truckingboard folks.
Keep up the good work.
I'm sure you have a million one liners for all you meet.

As a rule grumpy people don't have much to say.

Apostolic said:

I can relate to that! Works for me to my brother...:bgroovy:

Apostolic said:
You've must have been around some very sarcastic people you've always got some great come backs for all us truckingboard folks.
Keep up the good work.
I'm sure you have a million one liners for all you meet.

As a rule grumpy people don't have much to say.

You ever get out to northern California let me know. We will get together.

I would like to meet you some time Skeeter my friend.

Just that New Yorks a long way away from your state.

I was only out there once in my life.

It was a special run.
I was hired to haul a model of a hotel,and shopping area that was going to be rebilt after one of your earth quakes.

It was a real sweet gig.
I was flown to Atlanta,I helped the design firm load it up,than drove it to the Park Hieitt hotel,in San Fran.

It took 3 days to Ferezno,than to San Fransisco the next morning.
I stayed one day,and night at the hotel,than flew back home.
I did it on one of my weeks off.
They rented the truck,and paid for the fuel.
I was given all my meals,and logging,they also paid me about $700.00.

That was one of those once in a life time deals.
I can't remember but it was around the early 80's.

I took Rt 40 to Rt5.
I gotta tell you I don't know about now but when I was there some of the roads were like driving on rail road tracks.