Yellow | Road Test

tonyt2006

TB Lurker
Credits
I Just Applied To Roadway And Was Scheduled For A Road Test. They Advised Me To Bring Gloves With Me. What Will The Test Consist Of Other Than The Road Test? Does Anyone Know?

Thanks for the quick reply RR. Do you know if they will show me or am I suppose to know how to do it already? I just finished school and they did not go over this.

I don't really know tony. I work for ABF. They let us practice with the yardmen the day I took my road test.
Hang around I'm sure some of the Big R drivers will be along to help you out in a short. Welcome to the boards also.

Hey TT you'll be getting indoctrinated to the world of Roadway. Did they ask if you knew how to do a conversion:grinning-smiley-021

if not you better get two pairs of gloves cause you'll need it. Learn it from the seasoned road dogs they'll have it down to a science.

Good Luck and if you don't know, don't be afraid to ask someone to show you.

Hi Tony, seeing you're from Hammond I would guess Chicago Heights (309) hired you. They won't expect you to know how to hook a set of pups or hook a jiff up. You'll be taught that after you are hired. They will expect you to do a pre-trip inspection; checking tires, your fifthwheel pin, lights, etc. Someone will take you for a short test drive with one trailer and have you back in a slot at the yard. Nothing too difficult. Any questions at all don't hesitate to ask here. Welcome to the boards and to the Heights! I assume Hammond is Hammond, IN.

tonyt2006 said:
I passed!!!! THANKS TO ALL FOR INFO. I START SOON!
Congrads......tonyt!! Forward all questions to TheBigR.....he know's it ALL, just ask him!!:biglaugh: 30 years behind a CB, remembers when main street was a dirt road!!:rolleyes: DS.

Congradulations Tony!!!! Remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Use some of these old farts, They are a wealth of knowledge and will help you an awfull lot. Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!

Casual342 Don't lose sleep over the test, it's not hard! They just going to check your backing up skills, shifting and driving in traffic. Going to should you how to convert a tractor for a 48 to a pup and back to 48. Just watch and learn the the Big R men will help you!

welcome aboard weedhopper

Hey T how do you feel now that you're a Big R driver. Just remember as a Roadway driver you are Roadway " Always on the Road & always in the Way":biglaugh:

Congrats to you and as a rule when we rush hurrying to do something we are more likely to make a mistake.

As a freightman with some wisdom past down to me from the great freightmen from the past;"WORK THE FREIGHT, DON'T LET THE FREIGHT WORK YOU" & you'll be just fine.