Roadway Aquisition Letter 07/18/2003

Discussion in 'Roadway Express' started by Jeff, Jan 6, 2011.

1. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

Big Red (Laura) packed it in back around 96 or 97.

2. Shadow251

Shadow251 New Member

I didn't know that! I thought she'd be around till the end. Did they hire another woman after Laura left?

3. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

They had a couple of women working there. One was a former school teacher.

4. Shadow251

Shadow251 New Member

I didn't know there were any more women hired there. Wonder why the guys didn't keep me up to date LOL I knew of the two who came to work in Akron after I'd been in Toledo for a lot of years. And I knew of the 2 in Indy, 1 in Chicago Hts, 1 in Nashville and a few other's in the system.

In Toledo there was one before me but she wasn't there very long from what I understand. And 4 more a couple years after I came back from layoff. But they left in short order. We also had Val who was a P&D driver. She worked out pretty good from what I've been told. So Roadway was getting quality female drivers, some who had many years with the company. I wonder how Yellow...OOPS! I mean YRC is doing in that regard.

5. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

I worked a while after the merge, as long as I could stand it, and didn't really see any female drivers from the Yellow side. Laura was a good driver.

6. Shadow251

Shadow251 New Member

Hi again...been off and on computer but not checking into blog groups. Laura hauled batteries when I ran coast to coast. I remember her from back then...in the mid 70's. Stormy worked out of 241 (Cinn, Oh) but quit to go to work out west. Big R wouldn't hire her back I guess so she went to work for Yellow way before the buy out happened. I never saw her working for them but used to run into the gal who worked out of the Yellow terminal next to the turnpike. She used to go by Peek-a-boo. She was fun to chat with and we used to joke about "window shopping" as Carol called it...checking out the guys in cars and truck's going by us LOL

7. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

I remember stopping at Snow shoe, table in the back was never empty, drivers kept cycling in and out.

SuperCourse likes this.
  8. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

Never passed up Snowshoe when I ran that stretch of 80.

9. SuperCourse

SuperCourse HILLARY 2020

Sorry, wrong board.