Yellow | Roadway Coo Hot off the press

Handy 313

TB Lurker
Credits
Gaining Terminals+ Allentown 4 Amirillo 2 BaltimoreMd 2 Camden NJ 2 Cedar Rapids Ia 2 Charlotte NC 11 Cinci OH 25 Clevland 2 Crystal Lake IL 2 Dayton Oh 4 Dallas TX 3 Des Moines 2 Elk grove ill 4 Garland tx 2 Greenville SC 2 Hagerstown MD 8 Indy 17 Irwin Pa 2 Jackson TN 2 Kansas City KS 43 Kilgore TX 2 Lansdale PA 2 Lawrencville GA 2 Libertyville IL 2 Louisville KY 6 Madison WI 2 Mcallen Tx 2 Meridian MS 2 Memphis Tn 4 Miami FL 6 Minneapolis MN 2 Montgomery AL 2 Phily PA 2 Pittsburg Pa 2 Peoria IL 2 Portland Me 2 Reading Pa 2 Rockford IL 2 Shrevport LA 2 South bend IN 43 Springfield MO 7 West Chester PA 2 West Chicago IL 12 Winston Salem NC 6

Losing Locations - Akron OH -26 Chattanooga TN -6 Chicago IL -19 Columbus OH -20 Houston TX -6 Omaha NE -2 Milwaukee WI -11 Nashville TN -29 Rock Island IL -27 St. Louis MO -15 Strousburg PA -39 Toledo OH -24 Valdosta GA -8

Got this from our road steward

Are those numbers for the coo, or just what we have layed off? That looks like the layoff numbers. Stroudsburg is not even involved in the coo as far as I know.

Here`s what I found out. The following are New Flow Centers. Memphis,TN. Springfield,MO. and South Bend,IN. The following flow centers are expanding: Winston Salem, Cincinnati, Akron, Harrisburg, and Buffalo. New Gateway Operations opening will be Kansas City,KS. Meridian,MS.,and South Bend, IN.
I would believe all of these will be gainers in both dock and drivers. This change will start in March of `07.

Sorry I didn't post that those were just the road changes, and that I didn't count, we received the change around 1800 last night from one of the road stewards. No word on the dock/city changes yet.

Just curious, at gaining terminals do they usually hire all that they are supposed to or are these used as a chance to get rid of some employees?

Just curious, at gaining terminals do they usually hire all that they are supposed to or are these used as a chance to get rid of some employees?

Usually, the drivers in the losing terminals can transfer (with their seniority) to a gaining terminal. If the gaining terminal doesn't get the number they need, then they usually put out the "help wanted" sign.

only freight train is involved in this change in R-76 Atlanta.

you must begin running a retro-active run that has been moth-balled for years.

you will start on Sunday night running 5 Griffin Ga. shuttles.

No questions, good.
have a great day

Gaining Terminals+ Allentown 4 Amirillo 2 BaltimoreMd 2 Camden NJ 2 Cedar Rapids Ia 2 Charlotte NC 11 Cinci OH 25 Clevland 2 Crystal Lake IL 2 Dayton Oh 4 Dallas TX 3 Des Moines 2 Elk grove ill 4 Garland tx 2 Greenville SC 2 Hagerstown MD 8 Indy 17 Irwin Pa 2 Jackson TN 2 Kansas City KS 43 Kilgore TX 2 Lansdale PA 2 Lawrencville GA 2 Libertyville IL 2 Louisville KY 6 Madison WI 2 Mcallen Tx 2 Meridian MS 2 Memphis Tn 4 Miami FL 6 Minneapolis MN 2 Montgomery AL 2 Phily PA 2 Pittsburg Pa 2 Peoria IL 2 Portland Me 2 Reading Pa 2 Rockford IL 2 Shrevport LA 2 South bend IN 43 Springfield MO 7 West Chester PA 2 West Chicago IL 12 Winston Salem NC 6

Losing Locations - Akron OH -26 Chattanooga TN -6 Chicago IL -19 Columbus OH -20 Houston TX -6 Omaha NE -2 Milwaukee WI -11 Nashville TN -29 Rock Island IL -27 St. Louis MO -15 Strousburg PA -39 Toledo OH -24 Valdosta GA -8

Got this from our road steward

Thanks for posting this information, i was in KC (342) last week and they had already received the information from the company, but none of the Road Stewards had made it down to the Union Hall to retrieve their copy of the Change. Even the terminal manager stated that they were going to be plus 43 positions. I wished i could have gotten my hands on the gaining and losing terminals sooner, as i would have passed on the info.

This is how the change reads:

SUBJECT: Change of Operations

Our brand promise is to give our customers the personalized service they need to make their transportation solutions simple, smart and effective. In today’s marketplace, carriers continue to raise the bar to provide speed and reliability in order to support the supply chain. To be an effective solutions provider, and grow our business, we must provide competitive transit times and reliability to our customers.

In March 2006, we embarked upon the most significant network evolution in our history. The construction of an efficient one-touch network was accomplished in the Atlantic and Central states with five new flow centers and four gateway facilities. In September, an additional flow center was created in Sacramento to connect California to the Pacific Northwest. The next phase continues this evolution, stretching our boundries to allow us to compete.

Our new network is generating some impressive early results:

Flow-center lanes have grown by more than 6% year-to-date while the remainder of the company experienced a slight decline in revenue.
Network speed through the flow centers has improved by more than 10%.
On-time service has surpassed 93% on flow-center lanes. This is particularly impressive when considering standards were reduced by one or two days on most flow-center lanes.
We are faster and more reliable than at any other time in our history.

The next step (Phase 3) of the network evolution is scheduled for March 2007. The change of operations documents were sent to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters outlining details for the impacted locations. The 2007 change of operations will more than double the size and coverage of the flow-center network. Today 18% of our total business moves through a flow center. Following the implementation of Phase 3, more than 40% of our business will move through the new network structure.

Phase 3 of the network evolution will include three new flow centers, three new gateway operations and expanded roles for the current flow centers.

New Flow Centers

Memphis, TN flow center connecting Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma with Illinois, Ohio, and Indiana with 2-day and 3-day service.
Springfield, MO flow center connecting Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, Michigan and Eastern New York with Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas with both 2 and 3-day service.
South Bend, IN flow center connecting Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Nebraska, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa and the North East with 2-day and 3-day service.
Expansion of Current Flow Centers

Winston-Salem, NC flow center expanding operations to connect New England and the Northeast with Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas with 3-day service.
Cincinnati, OH flow center expanding operations to and from Philadelphia, PA, Peoria, IL, Jackson, TN, and Kansas City, MO with 2-day service to the flow center area.
Akron, OH flow center expanding operations to and from Madison, WI, Crystal Lake IL, and Kalamazoo, MI with 2-day service to the flow center area.
Harrisburg, PA flow center expanding operations to connect New England and the North East with key metro operations throughout the south and south west in three days.
Buffalo, NY flow center expanding operations to connect New England with Minneapolis in three days.
New Gateway Operations

Kansas City, KS; Meridian, MS; and South Bend IN gateway operations will provide both east to west AND west to east direct service to and from key metro operations on the west coast. The addition of the west to east transload operation connects key west coast metro operations directly to the east coast and Midwest through the gateway operations to improve service and reduce cycle time.
Our customers challenged us to bring real value to the marketplace. To meet the challenge, we began to make fundamental changes to our network in 2006. The changes planned for 2007 will bring more speed, reliability and precision to our customers for every shipment every day.