Yellow | Roadway Coo Hot off the press

before you move on a change

For what it's worth, I've not ever moved on a change. I have made a few observations though. If I were thinking of moving to a new location, I would not spend much time talking to anyone except the person(s) that I would be coming in behind. I'd get hold of those peoples names and I'd beg and pump for info, all while making sure they knew I would be BEHIND them on senority.
Maybe I'm wrong , but that's what I'd do.

Yes u r right CA KID. On the dock u only get 2 ten minute breaks and if u get hurt they want u to turn it in on your insurance, to keep the accident free days up. We had over 1300 hundred accident free days, until someone got ran over by a forklift and they couldn't hide that. I came down here march 12 2006, and since i been down here several people got hurt on the dock and nobody filed it on worker comp. They r too scared down here to stand up to the man, but the ones that came with the last change will stand up to the man we fight 4 our rights. The few guys that came down her can't do it on our own because the other guys r too scared to stand behind us. Thats why we need strong teamsters down here to hel-p us straight this out. It is a big mess dwon here:hide: :hide:

For what it's worth, I've not ever moved on a change. I have made a few observations though. If I were thinking of moving to a new location, I would not spend much time talking to anyone except the person(s) that I would be coming in behind. I'd get hold of those peoples names and I'd beg and pump for info, all while making sure they knew I would be BEHIND them on senority.
Maybe I'm wrong , but that's what I'd do.

No disrespect brother but If I would have got some info before I came here, I would have never came. Roadway has some barns that are strong and some that are a joke me peronally whats the use of being union if nobody sticks together.

There are many things a yardman can be called....a switcher, a hostler, a hooker, a spotter, etc.....it depends on the area as to what they're called but basically it's all yardwork. I hope that helps.

None of which are the names we road men call them 10-4!:hysterical:

If I can answer anything about 671 I will answer the truth. It don't matter if you are going in front of me or behind me. The members are not responsable for the COO. I won't try to trick you into something based on our seniority. That is just wrong and a Brother should not do that. I get bumped and I bump somebody.

I have an old 671 dock seniority list but it is dated 09/30/2002 with 246 men on it. How out dated it that DS?

None of which are the names we road men call them 10-4!:hysterical:

By the way, what's with the roadmen calling the yardguys names?? Aren't we all union brothers?? I mean if we want to start name calling, believe me we've got plenty to say about road drivers. Of course, maybe we all ought to realize that there are a few bad apples in evey seniority classification.........

That's pretty old....671 dock only has 160 guys on it now. I have the list before the last coo somewhere around here....
Yea toxic......pretty old. The loosing termials should have a current copy of our seniority lists and bids. Or they may wait until after their meeting with the union to do that. I wouldn't rely on the dock bid, after our change last year we started a 09:30 shift......something we never had. So I'm sure more start times will be added. DS.

about 457

Christ, don't you guys have elections down there?

Yes we do, but when the steward going out is the one handpicking who runs what can u do. And alternate stewards are not voted on they are picked by union. So you have to live with what is dealt to you.

WANTED: IN MERIDIAN,MS
9 strong unoin members to help clean up the dock/yard/city one board.
Have to many snitches to (management).
Very few are united, we need some unity down here come help us.
only die hard teamsters need to apply.

I have Meridian on my list of places to go in the C.O.O., So I may need to get a mop to do a little clean up in that barn.