Yellow | Roadway Coo Hot off the press

about 457-meridian

I have Meridian on my list of places to go in the C.O.O., So I may need to get a mop to do a little clean up in that barn.

Road doesn't seem real bad here razr, form looking at the NMFA, the road drivers are taken care of pretty good. I don't know about their representation, I know the city/yard/dock representation stinks. Let me know if you want to get some info and I will get you in contact with some people. And that goes for anyone reading these posts. We came here being uninformed, and my mission is to inform anyone who wants to know of the conditions they are going to. And razr, if your from poconos, you will have NOTHING to look at here. No Scenery!!! LOL

NOTHING to look at here. No Scenery!!!

Road doesn't seem real bad here razr, form looking at the NMFA, the road drivers are taken care of pretty good. I don't know about their representation, I know the city/yard/dock representation stinks. Let me know if you want to get some info and I will get you in contact with some people. And that goes for anyone reading these posts. We came here being uninformed, and my mission is to inform anyone who wants to know of the conditions they are going to. And razr, if your from poconos, you will have NOTHING to look at here. No Scenery!!! LOL
HeHe! 10-4 on the scenery, I am interested though, I haven't made up my mind on about 6 terms. in the south. Oh by the way, I Lived in the Mardi Grass for 14 years prior to moving up here to the pocono's, So I got an idea of how things are down yawnder, and i know that things are always changing as well, so any info on or about terminals,671,681,682,721,431,457,405, would be greatly appreciated
--
razrblade

HeHe! 10-4 on the scenery, I am interested though, I haven't made up my mind on about 6 terms. in the south. Oh by the way, I Lived in the Mardi Grass for 14 years prior to moving up here to the pocono's, So I got an idea of how things are down yawnder, and i know that things are always changing as well, so any info on or about terminals,671,681,682,721,431,457,405, would be greatly appreciated
--
razrblade

OK I will talk to some friends of mine that run the road here and see about getting you guys linked up. Local 891 is the union here. Website for them is Teamsters Local 891 Jackson, Mississippi and phone #'s are there if you want that info.

Hey, where are the concrete numbers for the road, dock and yard?? Are we suddenly building nuclear weapons?? You'd think so with all the secrecy that goes on............

In meridain if u get hurt they want u to turn it into your insurance not WORKERS COMP like your suppose to. I came down with the last change and i have seen several people get hurt and they all was pressured to turn it into there insurance, and they did. We had over 1300 hundred accident free days down here until someone ran over somebody with a forklift and they couldn't cover that up. We broke roadways accident free record . Accident free record was all a joke,and fixed to make our TM look like he is god at roadway. Thats the way it is down here its his way or no way. We had 2 grievence filed on forced overtime. They can force u as many hours as they need u. We lost,but they can inform u to work over up to the time u go home. That sucks. we all signed the grievence and the TM found out and got real mad and was pulling other teamsters to the side to find out who signed it and made comments who ever signed it better get there name off it or else.

If your H&W division finds out that a OJI is not being reported to the States ISC (industrial security commision, or what ever agency is involved in workplace accidents in your state) and that they are paying for medical benefits for a OJI they will be pissed and will deny the payments for said injuries. If that were to happen a employee that had a OJI will report it and get compensation from the responsible party or just pay for it out of there own pocket. What would you do?
In meridain if u get hurt they want u to turn it into your insurance not WORKERS COMP like your suppose to. I came down with the last change and i have seen several people get hurt and they all was pressured to turn it into there insurance, and they did. We had over 1300 hundred accident free days down here until someone ran over somebody with a forklift and they couldn't cover that up. We broke roadways accident free record . Accident free record was all a joke,and fixed to make our TM look like he is god at roadway. Thats the way it is down here its his way or no way. We had 2 grievence filed on forced overtime. They can force u as many hours as they need u. We lost,but they can inform u to work over up to the time u go home. That sucks. we all signed the grievence and the TM found out and got real mad and was pulling other teamsters to the side to find out who signed it and made comments who ever signed it better get there name off it or else.

If your H&W division finds out that a OJI is not being reported to the States ISC (industrial security commision, or what ever agency is involved in workplace accidents in your state) and that they are paying for medical benefits for a OJI they will be pissed and will deny the payments for said injuries. If that were to happen a employee that had a OJI will report it and get compensation from the responsible party or just pay for it out of there own pocket. What would you do?

I would turn it into worker comp from the get go

One of the first things any insurance company asks is if the injury happened on the job. If someone says no when the answer is really yes it's insurance fraud, which is a felony. Who wants to go to jail to make the TM's bonus higher?

One of the first things any insurance company asks is if the injury happened on the job. If someone says no when the answer is really yes it's insurance fraud, which is a felony. Who wants to go to jail to make the TM's bonus higher?

Your right, but 75% of the board is scared to death of the TM. They think he is god and will get struck by lightning if they don't cater to the TM's needs

Around here thats called INSURANCE FRAUD punishable by LAW.

:duh: :duh:
--
razrblade
Well my friend 682 is in shambles.... We have a dicktator for a TM.. A real horses azz. And our local I'M ashamed to say aint much. But if you'ev got over 25 years you may and I do mean may be alright.. Quick note 681's TM is worse than ours I know she used to be ours.. GOD help you......

:duh: :duh:
Well my friend 682 is in shambles.... We have a dicktator for a TM.. A real horses azz. And our local I'M ashamed to say aint much. But if you'ev got over 25 years you may and I do mean may be alright.. Quick note 681's TM is worse than ours I know she used to be ours.. GOD help you......

Well thank you for the info... By the way I have 18 years with roadway.

what i want to know is:
on the proposal they show all the changes that they are going to do to the terminals to validate the plus and minus's......but with 457-Meridian, Ms, they don't show any changes, so how do they justify adding 2 switcher, 7 dock and 2 road. And if they need to add 9 to the city/dock combo board then why do they have 8 laid off right now? I don't get it!!