Yellow | Roadway Coo Hot off the press

what i want to know is:
on the proposal they show all the changes that they are going to do to the terminals to validate the plus and minus's......but with 457-Meridian, Ms, they don't show any changes, so how do they justify adding 2 switcher, 7 dock and 2 road. And if they need to add 9 to the city/dock combo board then why do they have 8 laid off right now? I don't get it!!

Look on the page marked Exhibit #13. It shows all of the new directs as well as the terminals that will be feed you BB freight.

Hey guys, from what I hear from our local.......there will be lots of questions about the numbers and why they are what they are. To me, that may mean some "tweaking of the numbers" during the union-company meeting. DS.

Look on the page marked Exhibit #13. It shows all of the new directs as well as the terminals that will be feed you BB freight.

Freight coming from west coast is already broken down and sent to doors designated for 411,671, and 705. West coast freight coming from 411,671, and 705 is put in doors to send to west coast already. So if they are already doing this, how do they gain? I'm not being sarcastic, just trying to understand this process. Thanks.

what i want to know is:
on the proposal they show all the changes that they are going to do to the terminals to validate the plus and minus's......but with 457-Meridian, Ms, they don't show any changes, so how do they justify adding 2 switcher, 7 dock and 2 road. And if they need to add 9 to the city/dock combo board then why do they have 8 laid off right now? I don't get it!!
Just my opinion, could be wrong. They'll call back the 8 laid off at 457 and add another. Makes it SEEM like their adding 9 positions. When in reality they're not adding a d@mn thing. Roadway is trying to justify the numbers to get the change through.

Just my opinion, could be wrong. They'll call back the 8 laid off at 457 and add another. Makes it SEEM like their adding 9 positions. When in reality they're not adding a d@mn thing. Roadway is trying to justify the numbers to get the change through.

They had 15 on lay off here last year and called them back a week before transfers were suppose to start. TM said he wasn't gonna have his men sitting at home while transfers worked.

ok heres a question. Columbus was +48 and changed to -20. Is that why they hired a bunch of drivers in Sept/Nov to fill the +48? I was hired in Sept and got caught in the lay off 5-6 weeks ago? If they are going to cut 20 people I would probably be in the -20. So does this mean I am screwed and probably not going to be called back? I also got a certified letter that a Dayton terminal was going to be opening and I had an option to transfer? I wonder if only the bottom 20 got this option being they might let 20 people go or everyone at 242 and surrounding terminals also got this letter? Nothing mentioned in the COO letter about Dayton?

Dayton is a seperate little change I beleive. All the terminals affected by dayton reopening wil get a shot at transfering. They will make one big senority sheet of all people at each terminal and go down the list. But laid off people will be at the bottom even if someone has less senority but isn't laid off at there terminal. All active people get a chance first before inactive.

If all of this is true and going to happen it's pretty f***ed that the pdf document is dated as 12/07/06 and just talked to the Union Steward last Thursday and he didn't give me a heads up that this is coming and I learn about it on the internet. I am definitely in the bottom 20 for 242 road drivers. He said I should be called back in mid January but doesn't sound too promising now?

Toledo hired road drivers after the last change when the 90 day or whatever it is window was up. Don't count yourself out yet. Roadway does stuff like this all the time that doesn't make sense. We were losing terminal then too.

It will be interesting to see what changes come about at the Feb 12th meeting. I'm sure each loosing terminal will be fighting to hold on to that freight and men, I would hope anyways. After the meeting from last years coo, there were several changes from the first proposal. I guessing it will be the same this time. DS.