Yellow | roadway cuts at AGO--president terminated

rexteamster

TB Lurker
Credits
This morning YRC released several more employees from their Roadway Express general offices in Akron. The functional areas that were cut was all employees in Marketing, H/R, Pricing and Corporate Communications departments. Also the president of Roadway Express was released today.

:TR10driving03:

This morning YRC released several more employees from their Roadway Express general offices in Akron. The functional areas that were cut was all employees in Marketing, H/R, Pricing and Corporate Communications departments. Also the president of Roadway Express was released today.

:TR10driving03:

WTF!! There is no Roadway Express!! Date and link please..date and link!!

They closed 6 customer care centers today...cut HR from the ago...I mean come on we knew it was coming the General Offices for what used to be Roadway is up for sale also.

According to what some of you have posted.....They still have a long way to go before I would call them "lean." It sounds like they (YRC) still have way too many supervisors compared to employees.:shrug:

Just off the top of my head I can name 10 managerial people (VP's, directors, managers and supervisors) in IT alone that should be gone and the company would not miss a beat.

My guess is that being overstaffed in management is pretty wide spread across the country. They don't seem to hesitate on laying off the drivers to become more "lean", but seem reluctant to eliminate their own "fat."

In my opinion, when they have time to nit pick the drivers paperwork, and write letters for stupid ::shit::, they clearly have too much time on their hands and should find something more productive to do, or be eliminated. We do need to do our jobs correctly to prevent claims and lost paperwork etc, but when it becomes a form of harassment, they've gone to far. There is nothing positive going to come out of the employees being p.o.ed all of the time.

My guess is that being overstaffed in management is pretty wide spread across the country. They don't seem to hesitate on laying off the drivers to become more "lean", but seem reluctant to eliminate their own "fat."

In my opinion, when they have time to nit pick the drivers paperwork, and write letters for stupid ::shit::, they clearly have too much time on their hands and should find something more productive to do, or be eliminated. We do need to do our jobs correctly to prevent claims and lost paperwork etc, but when it becomes a form of harassment, they've gone to far. There is nothing positive going to come out of the employees being p.o.ed all of the time.

Great post!

I think the system is still so screwed..and the funny thing is all u hear about is all these enhansements...wtf...its like turnin a battleship it takes time...but how much time does yrc have????

There writing letters for cell phone use on account of safety --well let me see here---if it is unsafe to answer my phone then it is unsafe to answer thier nextel phones . am I right or am I missing somthing . Could this be a discrimination law suit in the making?

There writing letters for cell phone use on account of safety --well let me see here---if it is unsafe to answer my phone then it is unsafe to answer thier nextel phones . am I right or am I missing somthing . Could this be a discrimination law suit in the making?
You are correct about the Nextell. Don't answer it and tell them you were driving. Be surprised if anything is said. :shift:

By golly. He hit the nail on the head. Let the fun begin now. All those who drivers from every trucking company who lost their job due to upper management saving their own butt are now going to get some satisfaction. The fat upper's should have been the first to go. That way service would not have been interrupted for so many shippers nation wide. Call me hateful but I for one will be watching the company I used to work for, just to see my ex District Manager get what is coming to him.