Yellow | Roadway Driver Hits Man In Racine County WI

Infidel

TB Lurker
Credits
This happened early this morning in the fog just north of highway 20 on I-94 in Racine county Wis. The State Patrol detoured all northbound traffic onto the frontage road for a few hours.

JS Online: NewsWatch

This happened early this morning in the fog just north of highway 20 on I-94 in Racine county Wis. The State Patrol detoured all northbound traffic onto the frontage road for a few hours.

JS Online: NewsWatch

I was reading that story this morning, but did not realize it was a Roadway driver involved. I think I even posted it up in the Trucking Industry News Forum. Man, thats gotta be a nightmare and I hate to hear that for all parties.

You have to wonder what the person was thinking. He broke down on the southbound side of I-94, so he goes across the 3 lanes jumps the concrete barrier and then tries to cross the other 3 lanes on northbound I-94.
Not to mention this is a country part of the county so no street lights and it was foggy as hell last night.
Ugly situation for all involved.

I blew through there immediately after the accident. Visibility was down to zero. All I saw was what looked like a deer kill with a mess on the highway and Roadway on the side of the road. It would have happened to anyone. There was no time to react. If fact, I could not have avoided the remains if it had been in my lane.

As for the idiot crossing the highway, there is a Pilot truck stop on the east side a mile up the road that he was likely headed for. At 2:30 in the morning, I would suspect that he was drunk and ran out of gas. He could just as easily have walked north and exited on the on-ramp and then crossed under the highway. That surely would have been safer and would have saved the Roadway driver the grief and vision that will likely haunt him forever.

The pedestrian was an idiot and I only hope that this happened prior to him reproducing. At least then our son's risk of this happening to them will have been reduced.

I blew through there immediately after the accident. Visibility was down to zero. All I saw was what looked like a deer kill with a mess on the highway and Roadway on the side of the road. It would have happened to anyone. There was no time to react. If fact, I could not have avoided the remains if it had been in my lane.

As for the idiot crossing the highway, there is a Pilot truck stop on the east side a mile up the road that he was likely headed for. At 2:30 in the morning, I would suspect that he was drunk and ran out of gas. He could just as easily have walked north and exited on the on-ramp and then crossed under the highway. That surely would have been safer and would have saved the Roadway driver the grief and vision that will likely haunt him forever.

The pedestrian was an idiot and I only hope that this happened prior to him reproducing. At least then our son's risk of this happening to them will have been reduced.

Your a real bleeding heart arn`t you?

You have to wonder what the person was thinking. He broke down on the southbound side of I-94, so he goes across the 3 lanes jumps the concrete barrier and then tries to cross the other 3 lanes on northbound I-94.
Not to mention this is a country part of the county so no street lights and it was foggy as hell last night.
Ugly situation for all involved.

If this had happened to me I would be screaming bloody murder for a post-mortem drug and alcohol screen on this dead man, as well as his past history of medications or

mental illnesses if any.

Damned if I am going to be held responsible in any way for a drunk, doped up or legally medicated driver and possibly mentally ill person, who didn't use good judgment in crossing a road in front of me.

This is why I have been advocating that ALL four-wheel drivers in all 50 states go through the SAME urine, breath or blood toxicology screens that we drivers are required to take, after any incident or accident.

Fact is that only one 1 in 10 times is it the CDL drivers fault in a car vs. truck accident.

Always carry a flash camera, and take down notes from EMT's and the police when this happens and DEMAND that the subject, alive or dead, is tested for drugs and booze by the authorities.

Thats an issue I have addressed below.

We need to have EVERYONE tested for alcohol and drugs after ANY accident or fatality in all 50 states.

It simply is not fair to the Roadway driver if they don't test this 4x4 road crossing idiot (and thats what he was) if this person was high on boose or dope, or was mentally ill.