Yellow | Roadway driver reaches four million accident-free miles

IR CookieMonster

TB Lurker
Credits
Glenn Jones, a driver for Roadway, has achieved the milestone of driving four million consecutive miles without a preventable accident. This career milestone is the equivalent to circling the Earth’s equator 160 times, or driving from New York to Los Angeles more than 1,428 times without a single accident.

Jones joins Sam Hamilton as the second active four-million-mile accident-free driver at the Roadway service center in Nashville, Tenn. Jones, who began driving for Roadway 33 years ago, has been a professional driver for 36 years. There have been 17 four-million-mile accident-free drivers in Roadway history -- 10 have retired, and 7 are still active drivers.

http://www.etrucker.com/apps/news/article.asp?id=54006

How do you figure 80?He's been driving 35 years and 33 of that at Roadway.Even if he started at 25 that would only make him 6o.That's quite a milestone to reach,and one to be proud of i might add.

Congratulations to Mr. Jones, a very skilled and lucky man! A little known fact is that when you hit 4,000,000 safe miles you also receive a trailer with ROADWAY written on the side. Quite an incentive to stick around I'd say.

Take it easy mopar man just a figure of speech . It means he should retire, after 30 years you can make as much retired, working for almost nothing, it is called no life.Boy i guess i will stick around til i almost die to get my name on a trailer. That is what roadway wants.Some people just dont get it.