Yellow | Roadway Haz Mat charts

Toxic

TB Veteran
Credits
Does anyone have a Roadway hazmat chart that can be viewed on a PC. Like on line somewhere? The one that has Table 1 and Table 2 haz mat listings? There has not been any at 671 in years and I have asked until I am blue in the face. I found several on line , but they are not listed in Table 1 and Table 2 format.

Does anyone have a Roadway hazmat chart that can be viewed on a PC. Like on line somewhere? The one that has Table 1 and Table 2 haz mat listings? There has not been any at 671 in years and I have asked until I am blue in the face. I found several on line , but they are not listed in Table 1 and Table 2 format.

They have to have them to know how to load and placard.If you have haz mat training periodically as we do at 411,they have the charts.If they tell you the don't,I would contact Akron.

Is this what you're wanting?

hazmat1.jpg

Yes junction!! Thanks

hmmm, haven't looked in my book, but think there in the hazmat book we have to carry at all times. Just ask at the garage for a book.
PS you guys almost NEVER placard your trailers, always pulling up front to get them put on. Also, un numbers go on bulk, you guys never use them.

hmmm, haven't looked in my book, but think there in the hazmat book we have to carry at all times. Just ask at the garage for a book.
PS you guys almost NEVER placard your trailers, always pulling up front to get them put on. Also, un numbers go on bulk, you guys never use them.
Hey serta.......It used to be the supers job to make sure that the trailers had the right placards when they were cut. Now they don't want to take responsibility for it, and know it all falls on the driver when he gets his load. Do you guys still get delay time to correct the placards? In my mind it should be the dock super making sure that the trailers are properly marked when cut. Let me know if I am wrong. DS.

Hey serta.......It used to be the supers job to make sure that the trailers had the right placards when they were cut. Now they don't want to take responsibility for it, and know it all falls on the driver when he gets his load. Do you guys still get delay time to correct the placards? In my mind it should be the dock super making sure that the trailers are properly marked when cut. Let me know if I am wrong. DS.

Absolutely get paid......just another cog in the wheel to delay us though.

Hey DS.
This is just another problem that we have to deal with, because some brite light in Akron thought it would save time just to throw the waybills into the back of the trailers, instead of having the drivers carry them.Serta is right about the misplacarding.Half the time you don`t know what you`re hauling. 500 lbs of flammable, and 500lbs of flammable bulk don`t get the same placards, but do you think anyone at 120 knows this! Our loads are never placarded correctly. Never!:chairshot:

Absolutely get paid......just another cog in the wheel to delay us though.
Hey serta, I don't know if the new President of RDWY is going with the same plan of "Velocity" as the last one. Looks more like a new version of the SOS rather than a new way of getting freight to our customers faster. DS.

Here's my gripe, wether its worth a dime or not. They fire everyone who knows anything, and hire these dumb azz's. Some pencil neck geek is telling us how we run our lanes, which half the time is actually costing more. They want us to get the freight there on time, but by cutting certain things back they only delay it more. And worst of all things, is they let a central dispatch call the shots, when they have no idea where one terminal is related to another. I always said this company made money by accident, and you read here many times. But now, were not even making money by accident. They need to wake up and smell the coffee,cause if everything keeps going the way it is, we won't be around much longer.

Hey DS.
This is just another problem that we have to deal with, because some brite light in Akron thought it would save time just to throw the waybills into the back of the trailers, instead of having the drivers carry them.Serta is right about the misplacarding.Half the time you don`t know what you`re hauling. 500 lbs of flammable, and 500lbs of flammable bulk don`t get the same placards, but do you think anyone at 120 knows this! Our loads are never placarded correctly. Never!:chairshot:
That's the thing, who do we go to? DOT, IBT or RDWY?? In my opinion this is a very important issue that affects everyone involved. And god forbid you have a serious accident with the wrong or no placards!!

Also, with placing the bills in the back. This is a "cost savings" that RDWY thinks works. Again, spending a dollar to save a dime!! DS.

My guess is the IBT, I remember a gripe with the company had been said that the load was still on company property and didn't have to be placarded. Still not sure if thats trus according to DOT reg's. But ultimately, it is the drivers responsibility to make sure it is placarded properly before leaving the yard. If they wanna keep paying us to placard so be it, but like I said before, more waste of money for them and even know its not a lot of time, just another delay of moving the freight.

hazmat

There's a cheap software program outhere called ezhazmat, it gives all kinds of information about what to placard, segregation, incompatiblities. I got it and it helps a lot.
Drive safe. Luke

My guess is the IBT, I remember a gripe with the company had been said that the load was still on company property and didn't have to be placarded. Still not sure if thats trus according to DOT reg's. But ultimately, it is the drivers responsibility to make sure it is placarded properly before leaving the yard. If they wanna keep paying us to placard so be it, but like I said before, more waste of money for them and even know its not a lot of time, just another delay of moving the freight.

You heard right Serta. I don't know the exact reg's, but if you have a "tlr loaded" with HM it has to be placarded period! Including co property. This is so emergency crews can respond to fire's etc, and be able to know what thier walking into. And if memory serves me, when at a dark terminal, for instance your supposed to put a copy of the bill with emergency contact, un etc in the little box on the front of the tlr that none of our's has. :) Other wise it's considered an "unattended HM load". Just like when they tell you to keep your HM paperwork on the seat, or in the drivers door, unlocked so they can find it if you are not in sight of vehicle.