Yellow | Roadway Payroll Shortages

IR CookieMonster

TB Lurker
Credits
I have had shortages in the past but not many. Here recently, like the last month I've been getting them every week, a couple hundred dollars a shot. I've heard several theories from drivers everywhere. I'd like to hear from other terminals if this has been a problem.

Alot of mileage correction claims on runs as well as pin pay not being put into the dispatch correctly as the famous statement "the computer is down I'll put it in whe it gets back up. Yeah Right.

Dallas terminal has the same issues. It wasn't a mistake of a few bucks ...... It was a couple hundred dollars. :duh: Once they were notified about it they issued a check for the amount shorted without any other problems since.

I'm on direct deposit and when i checked my account i was about two hundred and fifty dollars short!Well when i got my line haul print out it seems they shorted me a half a trip plus delay time.Needless to say the Mrs. wasn't happy!

Some may be honest mistakes, or computer error, etc. If they get away with just one person not checking their pay...:duh: ..they make money!! I don't put it past them, I always write down on my RDWY calender how many hours I work, my vacation, paid sick days and/or holidays. I keep the old one's close by for reference. Everyone, double check your pay!! DS.

I have noticed that since Yellow got in the picture my pay shorts have doubled. Went from ave. of $25 to $350 at times. Missed a day and a half plus clock time. Been here almost 20 years and never had that happen before. Also every holiday worked equals pay short of 4 hours. Go fiqure.

Yes payroll has changed.yellow,roadway holland,ect.all are under one payroll dept.Just one of yellows cost cutting .To make bigger profit sharing.

the dock in the heights is having a lot of problems also, some people upwards of 500 dollars, then they ask for all your stubbs from the last 4 weeks and delay it then usual pay it the following week.some people get it as soon as it is brought to the company attention this seems to have started to happen more and more around june of 2005!
thanks for bringing this up cookie

shoe box time

say cookie I got a statement from central state requesting that I if I wanted Cobra insurance to enroll from 3/25/06 when I went on reserve duty. I'm checking to see if they did anything funky with my HW&P while on active duty.

Bad enough Uncle Sam taking what I get but damn if they are going to nickle & dime me to death. I keep a calculator and copy of everything.

Just imagine you're getting ready to retire and they say you don't have enough time, I'll be pulling out the shoebox with all my payroll statements showing all my time.

screwy louiey said:
I keep a calculator and copy of everything.

Just imagine you're getting ready to retire and they say you don't have enough time, I'll be pulling out the shoebox with all my payroll statements showing all my time.

Your a smart man for doing all that, the more and more I'm hearing here recently. We all should consider this the best advice that we all should follow to protect ourselves.

I still would like to hear from other terminals about the payroll shortages. This is a lot bigger than I thought.

IR CookieMonster said:
Your a smart man for doing all that, the more and more I'm hearing here recently. We all should consider this the best advice that we all should follow to protect ourselves.

I still would like to hear from other terminals about the payroll shortages. This is a lot bigger than I thought.
At 120, its a big problem. I think alot comes from limited personal behind the window knowadays. I Myself have a spreadsheet program that I input all my mileage and clicks and it automatically multiples the numbers and gives me my pay for the day and week. JUst print it out every week and check against my paystub.

It's ironic, this thread was posted and two of my guys came to me with a pay shortage. That hasn't happend in a while. I see why YRC posted that their profits were up!!!:duh: Everyone Double Check Your Pay Stubs!! DS.

I don't think its the payroll comp. its our own people at our terminals. Everytime you give your time, you should request a hard copy of the payment.:smilie_132:

Time clock out of service

Cookie guess what our time clock went out this week and the TM blames the road drivers for tearing it up. So instead of immediately buying another the last few days it has been manual sign in. "I SEE A SITUATION DEVELOPING HERE":Duel:

screwy louiey said:
Cookie guess what our time clock went out this week and the TM blames the road drivers for tearing it up. So instead of immediately buying another the last few days it has been manual sign in. "I SEE A SITUATION DEVELOPING HERE":Duel:

I haven't seen that one yet but I sure it's going to come our way eventually.

I have heard a couple drivers saying that they are getting the drop and hook times shaved. Like if you had .57 D/H, on your pay summery it would be .47 or 37. We all need to check and recheck our paychecks.

This is not a new thing. I've been with Roadway just under 12 years and it was going on when I first started. I was told within my first week of employment here by senior drivers to always check my paycheck. They'll skim payroll to improve their bottom line.