Yellow | ROADWAY Payscale / teams

Familyman

TB Veteran
Credits
What is the payscale for single and team ops?
How long to reach top pay and at what increments?
Does anyone know what a team driver makes a year compared to a solo on average?

Thanks
FM

FM, IRCookiemonster would be the one to answer those questions for you. I'm sure he could tell you everything you want to know

Hey All. I make 80k a year on my team run. The average is about that I would imagine. I'm not on a super high mile run. It's only 4792 miles a week. I work 4 days on 3 days off. I don't think it's to bad.

Starting pay is 75% of our top wage. Top hourly wage is 21.65 or .54 cpm. Take a look.

Roadway: Career Resource Center

I made 54k my first year on the extra board. You can run the extra board to your advantage once you figure it out. I could get every other weekend off it things were running well. Once you understand your terminal's freight lanes and traffic you'll be able to predict your schedule.

Sure, I'd say at full rate your average extra board driver makes around 65k. Then a bid driver depending on the miles of his run can make between 60-80k.

IR CookieMonster said:
Hey All. I make 80k a year on my team run.
Or you can come to 671 and work the dock!! With the forced OT and 6th and 7th punches we have a couple of guys that may hit 80 by December?!? They don't have your days off, because they don't have days off, lol. All joking aside.....To me working 4 days a week and bagging 80k, not a bad deal. DS.

My last 3 years when I was on long bids, 6 days-no life, I was makin 75 to 80 with layover and clocktime. Finished up with a 5 day, 386 mile turn, still took home a grand and had a real life. Knew a couple of guys that went to 135 on a change, ran big team miles, each one made 100K, too much work for me.

TheBigR said:
My last 3 years when I was on long bids, 6 days-no life, I was makin 75 to 80 with layover and clocktime. Finished up with a 5 day, 386 mile turn, still took home a grand and had a real life. Knew a couple of guys that went to 135 on a change, ran big team miles, each one made 100K, too much work for me.

Yup, there are Roadway Teams out there making over 100k. Alot in Memphis I hear.