Yellow | Roadway Wreck

remo williams

TB Lurker
Credits
Just before dawn this morning 11/10/06 , a 120 driver heading to 113, 185, was involved in a rollover wreck on 495 in Bolton Ma. The whole right side of the lead trailer was ripped off and the tail was laying on it`s side. The tail was carrying haz mat. The story can be found at WHDH .com under more local news.

Boy that looked bad. I have posted this over and over again, you drivers have the hardest job at RDWY. One miscue by you or anyone else on the road can lead to this. My hat is off to you guys!!!:1036316054: DS.

remo williams said:
Serta,
Do you know how this happened? The news said 3 rigs were involved but I only spotted 2.
Well I got two different versions here at the 120. Don't know the truth. But from what I hear, A big Rigger pulled off the shoulder and our guy had to swerve and it upset the kite. True or not, thats what I hear. I went past it that night, and then went on a 60. So I really don't know the truth of it, just what I heard.

Hope the driver is ok and also that no one else was hurt.
Having said that check his logs and see if he/she is one of the famous 120 "Runners"!
If not? Ok no harm done. Accidents happen even to the best of us.
If true, Then I know what the DOT will do, I just wonder what REX will do?
Maybe make him driver of the month? Why not? They have done it before!

hmmm, famous 120 runners? You must have us confused with another PA terminal, we don't have any runs over 600 miles here. Every terminal has a few guys that have a fire under their but. No I don't think he was one of them.

Used to run 495 to Bahston on my bid. It was ******* alley day and night. Got tired of the accidents, traffic backups and all around crap you had to put up with. Stayed on the pike right to ex 14 and went up 93. Much less hassle, shorter, as long as it was the right time of day. It was an alt route, but we were not approved to run it. So I did it anyways, "Capt. of the Ship" in my opinion. Never had a problem, but they had to know I was doing it.

Their was only two trucks involved. The same old story. Big truck comes off the shoulder with no speed, Big R comes up from behind and sees it at the last second and swerves to miss it. The rest is the aftermath. Unfortunately You all know the deal with a rear end accident. It makes me sick to see these big trucks pull off the shoulder with no running start.

there was another accident involving a memphis driver about the 19th of last month. maybe i missed it on this site but the accident had bad results. a truck came out of a rest area on 40 and our driver hit him in the rear not a pretty site. all that was left was the tail trailer after the fire

serta said:
hmmm, famous 120 runners? You must have us confused with another PA terminal, we don't have any runs over 600 miles here. Every terminal has a few guys that have a fire under their but. No I don't think he was one of them.
No your right, No 600 mile runs but how fast are some people running 108?
Hope you understand what I am talking about.

yo.....

every terminal and every company has runners....

some days i'm even a runner and some days i aint......

rt. 495 in bolton is not a nice stretch of highway fer sure.....

southbound getting on to 290 west sucks because you got all these idiots trying to pass you to get onto the exit ramp first and then they slow down to 25 because they came in too hot.....

northbound off of 290 you have idiots who can't shift going uphill and idiots who are lost and they're grabbing gears and looking at their rand mcnally or asking directions on where i-93 is......

i don't miss new england one bit......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i forgot most of the large car drivers are half asleep because there are no decent places to park and take a power nap.......

MIKEEEEE said:
yo.....

every terminal and every company has runners....

some days i'm even a runner and some days i aint......

rt. 495 in bolton is not a nice stretch of highway fer sure.....

southbound getting on to 290 west sucks because you got all these idiots trying to pass you to get onto the exit ramp first and then they slow down to 25 because they came in too hot.....

northbound off of 290 you have idiots who can't shift going uphill and idiots who are lost and they're grabbing gears and looking at their rand mcnally or asking directions on where i-93 is......

i don't miss new england one bit......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i forgot most of the large car drivers are half asleep because there are no decent places to park and take a power nap.......
This strech of highway is well known for big truck rear end accidents. Alot of truck pull off to the shoulder for their nap. The problem is, They don't get up to speed before pulling into the travel lane. And all it takes is a another driver who is not alert. This happens all the time on 495. Most of these wrecks happen between 3AM and 6AM

That is S.O.P.
Don't read anything into that. If there is a death or property dammage over a specific amount I beleive that DOT mandates the driver is out of service until the Drug test comes back