Central Transport | Rob Stamper in Detroit

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
Yes Sir, Good old Rob is in the Detroit terminal the past couple of days scratching his head to try to figure out what the problems are. Yepper, the TM Kevin is no where in site, some say he is on vacation, yet you would wonder why Stamper would be out on the dock problem solving without the TM around?

One of the problems are LH unable to get on the road in a timely manner. So, today dispatch wanted all P & D drivers back to the terminal at 5:15pm. While most of them did roll in on time, having that many show up all at once meant a lot of drivers hanging around for up to 1 1/2 hours for a forklift to use to strip their inbound loads. Gee whiz, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there are not enough forklifts that actually work for all of the drivers to unload their freight, 6 more suppose to be fixed and on the dock tomorrow. Maybe they could or should hire a couple of dockworkers to run those that are repaired.

CT drivers are still finding new jobs elsewhere, though I hear that CT is also able to hire a couple off the street, no experience required. LOL

That's all for now folks. Stay tuned.

I remember every time big wigs showed up at PJAX/Vitran and the Tm was not around it was because he was on a permanent vacation

I remember every time big wigs showed up at PJAX/Vitran and the Tm was not around it was because he was on a permanent vacation
The house cleaning has begun.............Hopefully for all the good people that remain they can right this ship that has drifted off course and is sending out an SOS.

The TM or Stamper needs to fix problems like this before someone dies.

pretty sad that trailer was only about 6 years old, what did they do stack batteries floor to roof in the nose, something tells me it was a "little" heavy in the nose

probably another Vitran driver who claims to know how to load freight???? I've been doing this for years !!!!!! hold up let me take a picture with my Verizon tablet 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's being transformed into a pod where 42 can live on the premises. They will run a garden hose and an extension cord to it eventually.

probably another Vitran driver who claims to know how to load freight???? I've been doing this for years !!!!!! hold up let me take a picture with my Verizon tablet 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funny how in all my years with Vitran/PJAX I NEVER heard a story like this, but now since CT bought them out there has been 2, sounds like a problem with CT (imagine that).

funny how in all my years with Vitran/PJAX I NEVER heard a story like this, but now since CT bought them out there has been 2, sounds like a problem with CT (imagine that).

Unfortunately, I've seen this at multiple LTL terminals including Vitran. Hopefully the lift driver didn't get too much whiplash when he hit the nose.

Pull it behind the garage where they put the rest of the scrap.
I would give them $500 for the trailer.........I'd lift the box off and use it for storage and scrap the rest. I have a container on my property that's full......I'm a real hoarder.