R&L | Robert Z

So we will have to assume that he left USF to go to Atlas Van Lines. That would seem to be good news that he did not come over from USF to come to R&L.

Lots of changes...Things being shaken up...Its going to be interesting to see whats gonna happen:popcorn: I heard that the previous President took another position with the company...I think something HUGE is getting ready to happen..

Lots of changes...Things being shaken up...Its going to be interesting to see whats gonna happen:popcorn: I heard that the previous President took another position with the company...I think something HUGE is getting ready to happen..

Are u kidding?...everything that has happened is "HUGE"...WTF else could happen?...is Senior and the boys gettin replaced next?...lmao :hysterical:

talked to corky v.p. of ops out west word is the family will not seattle for any less than 10% growth a year, he said this is history repeating it self, he said about 6 years ago corp. was cleaned out from the pres. down and sales went through the roof he said a big shot from in rl ops from ups got fired along with v.p. sales getting demoted to a local sale job and the president resigned, he also said in many conf. calls sr said untill all 200 drivers layed off come back he will not be happy sounds crazy but maybe true. ripley (rl believe it or not). keep all the crazy stuff east our world is calm for the time being, the word is the west is up 18% over the last two month locale sale rep are saying there up in sales to 120% I really dont know what all this means but every seems happy out here locale rep said monday he bought his wife a new cts caddy for xmas maybe he got a deal or maybe hes doing really good

it hasn't been 6 yrs ago since the ups pres got fired less than 3yrs and he needed it .a lot of stupid mistakes. you can't load our pups like ups and thats what he thought,until one turned over on our yard and that put an end to him.and i have been here 18 years and this is not history repeating it self ,so who ever you talked to is mistaken.i was hired in in wilmington when the trucks we drove weren't reliable within a 50 mile radius of the terminal. we didn't have new equipment and the equipment we did have we appreciated. we have grown alot and i have watched it and helped with the growing process. r&l has never layed off UNTIL NOW that i am aware of. if you weren't doing your job they would just fire you which if your not doing your job that would be expected anywhere. whats happening with r&l i have never seen before at this company and i have never experienced an economy like this either. so as far as you aint seen nothing yet.... They are making plans.........WHAT PLANS DO YOU THINK THEY ARE MAKING BRACEFACE????

I think something HUGE is getting ready to happen..
PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn:
On a side note I may have jumped the gun on the Paramount thing but I do see more O/O lately, thats a little scary...... The lease drivers, well the economy put that idea of theirs in the crapper unless we start to get real busy.... Also I belive if it wasn't for the economy the changes that are going on right now would just be drivers room gossip!!!!!! We've had people come and go at the Green house and we all showed up did our jobs and went home.....

Changes in upper management+The economy= Some great rumors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

this is the way i look at it there is no way the way freight is now that they would be able to replace every driver with a o/o and thats what they would have to do to ensure that freight was on time. think about it not possible and keep freight on time unless the o/o pay scale went up alot. yes i have seen alot of o/o lately and can't see how it really saves anything but not able to make that call.but to the people that have been replaced by o/o my heart goes out to them no one should loose there job in such troubled times and especially at christmas.

The West better be growing, you guys have only been open 2 years depending on where you are. Besides it's the South East that's hurting the most and the Mid West, those are the biggest areas hurt by the recession.

The West better be growing, you guys have only been open 2 years depending on where you are. Besides it's the South East that's hurting the most and the Mid West, those are the biggest areas hurt by the recession.

Yeah Atlanta (greater Atlanta, not just our terminal) is taking a beating. When ATL freight drops, it affects the company - and that is true with every carrier in the market I suspect.

And the FL economy is gawd-awful, and that is a traditional strong area for us. Between ATL and FL's economy's hurting, it's a double hit for R+L - just my opinion of course.

it hasn't been 6 yrs ago since the ups pres got fired less than 3yrs and he needed it .a lot of stupid mistakes. you can't load our pups like ups and thats what he thought,until one turned over on our yard and that put an end to him.and i have been here 18 years and this is not history repeating it self ,so who ever you talked to is mistaken.i was hired in in wilmington when the trucks we drove weren't reliable within a 50 mile radius of the terminal. we didn't have new equipment and the equipment we did have we appreciated. we have grown alot and i have watched it and helped with the growing process. r&l has never layed off UNTIL NOW that i am aware of. if you weren't doing your job they would just fire you which if your not doing your job that would be expected anywhere. whats happening with r&l i have never seen before at this company and i have never experienced an economy like this either. so as far as you aint seen nothing yet.... They are making plans.........WHAT PLANS DO YOU THINK THEY ARE MAKING BRACEFACE????

They are making plans to be where they want to be, and set up the way they need to be set up,if and when one of the largest LTL's ceases to exist....

Do you still think I'm mistaken??

We are already busy at my terminal, just wait, if we have a major LTL go out, it won't be long till we have more freight than we can handle..

R&L is planning for this....Look who they have been hiring in the sales dept.

PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn:
On a side note I may have jumped the gun on the Paramount thing but I do see more O/O lately, thats a little scary...... The lease drivers, well the economy put that idea of theirs in the crapper unless we start to get real busy.... Also I belive if it wasn't for the economy the changes that are going on right now would just be drivers room gossip!!!!!! We've had people come and go at the Green house and we all showed up did our jobs and went home.....

Changes in upper management+The economy= Some great rumors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:
R&L is gearing up for the extra freight that will be up for grabs when and if one of the major LTL's goes out...Look at the sales people they have been hiring and where they came from...Look where our new president came from...

Let's just hope we don't end up Bankrupt like many of the familie who get the new houses

R+L won't go bankrupt. I am certain we are still making money, maybe not as much as the Roberts want, but they are just putting the pressure on to keep us from giving up and falling into the Yellows, Conways etc etc.I think they are still expecting growth for the simple reason as someone big is going out of business and we will be there to clean up what they left behind. Think about it, Yellow goes under and we get say 50% of their freight, where does that put us? They are discounting freight already to compete with those companies now, so only time will tell. I feel bad for upper management at this point, all those tough guys now have to work for a living, lol. Although I will say this. I met Jay B. a couple of times and I like him. He'll tell you if he needs more work out of you, but he will also tell you that you did a nice job too. that's stand up right there.

I didn't care too much for Jay when I first met him.

I do an extended route, so therefore I need the trailer loaded right, especially when there's oversize junk involved. He screamed at me one morning for rearranging the load, and I tried to tell the SOB that my stops are 20 miles apart, so I can't afford to backtrack all over the place. I said "when you want something done right you have to do it yourself", but what else is new?

He managed to **** me off that day.

this economy is like landing a jet with no engines and not being a pilot, I think the Roberts are are moving and shaking to get the most out of the management face it we all know most upper management people are lazy and only do good when being watched I think the family upped the antie, I would rather see this than them doing nothing sitting back and enjoying there life, Im sure this isnt easy for them switching pres. out puts them at the top by them self. I think this puts us ahead of others, word on the street in the west is the new pres. is a every day guy I talked to a conway sale lady used to be usf few years ago in michigan she said he is a huge personality life of the party but very professional, she says he likes to get out and see the other terminals, she said he was and outsider when yrc bought usf because he was to close to the working people. word is he took usf from 97% o.r. to 91% o.r. in one year , she might have liked him a little too much I dont know she seems like a everyday working sales lady.

Jay B is a straight shooter who does what is best for the truckline. Need more people with his character and intelligence. Glad they made him a VP.