R&L | Roberts gave out raises

R&L_PHI

TB Lurker
Credits
Everyone in our office got cost of living increase.And all supervisors got cost of living increase. The people busting their butts to keep R&L profitable,didn't get a raise.What a smack in the face to give anyone in the office a raise and forget about the drivers. We are leaving with more deliveries and doing more pick-ups than I have ever seen. Take care of the people doing the real work first,then help out the people with set hours and air-conditoned work environments.

As usual,the driver gets F*#ked.No matter what trucking company your at in the end they always screw the drivers.Id like to see them haul the freight without us though.Ive worked for small trucking companies with no supervisors but I ain't never seen a trucking company without drivers.What a joke.

thats pretty messed r+l depresses the rates to compete with yrc and you dont even get a raise. well atleast now you know where your raise went, straight to the customers you serve. atleast you got some freight everybody else dosent have much.

Exactly my point when I posted about this before. If they would have at least remained consistent and denied everybody their raises for a while, I doubt if anyone at all would have a problem with that.

But the sales turds got theirs, about which they were kind enough to smugly inform us, and now the office personnel, while the ones who actually do something around here get the shaft again.

lies to try and take away our success

I get tired of reading a few people that post on our board that probably got fired for not doing their job in the first place and don't want to take blame for their own laziness and are sorry that they aren't a part of a great organization. So now they want to lie and spred false rumors and stir everything up in a bad economy. If a salesperson got fired he was probably not doing his job or it would be stupid to fire him. I asked rl talk line about giving office people raises. Step raises have been given to ofc., drivers, and everyone else. which was promised when hired. By the way, other companies have taken away step raises. We still have ours to this point. I for one am sick of a few ex employees trying to ruin our company and our moral. I say if you are not an ex employee, you become one and go destroy another company. THis is not the time to bring caos and lies to a great tuck lines.

R&L_PHI is not an ex employee so not sure where you get that and unlike you dontcare,R&L_PHI actually says just who he works for in his profile.What do you have to hide?

R&L_PHI is not an ex employee so not sure where you get that and unlike you dontcare,R&L_PHI actually says just who he works for in his profile.What do you have to hide?

He/She is a management employee monitoring this web site every day. His job is to spread how great and fair the company is. :loser:

If things are so fair lets compare the DET payscale to the PHI payscale, or LAX to DET,
either or would be OK for me. Lets all read the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1939 and determine if the company is being fair. The simple truth, the only false statements made on this site is by Roberts family management employees that are paid to be positive. If the Roberts think that everyone or even half of the workforce is happy I feal sorry for them. If you honestly believe that all the people that have been terminated were lazy and did not do thier job I feel sorry for you. You are right, at one time a great organization that took care of its employees until the economy went down and they didnt stand behind thier people. Employees that post on this site do not destroy moral the company has, employees that post on this site are not destroying the company RR has.
If your sick of the company being destroyed take a stand. If your sick of reading truthful statements stay of the site. A friend of mine will have an information line to answer questions by the end of next week and then we will see who's telling lies.

Why are you so scared of someone telling the truth?????

I don't know where all of this is coming from. Driver 9 needs to go see a pshyc. Dr., or his fortune teller isn't doing a very good job for him. I don't have to defend myself because I work hard every day (50 hours a week) for R&L and LAX. Worked for Pro before R&L bought us. We got a huge raise day one. I 'm sure R&L has different pay scales in different markets...I don't know and I really don't care because my pay is fair and higher than most in this market. It is a Memorial day weekend, I answer to God and my family..noone else. I therefore will not respond to any more negative comments or crazy accusations. I think 99% of people at R&L are positve and thank God every day to be here. God bless everyone else and maybe someday you will find a place where you are happy. It may even be here. Happy Memorial Day weekend.

If anyone who works for R&L and didn't know about the varied payscales,
raises based on company performance (and anyone can make the numbers look the way they want),office workers being on tabled scale, (not annual like most of the employees) they didn't ask all the right questions when hired.
It would seem alot of the complaining being voiced here is directed at the wrong people. You got issues,complaints use the system in place, will it change everything,,NO, but it makes it known to higher ups,,, and YES it can change things SOMETIMES... If at the end of it you feel no better, you still have choice, suck it up or move on.

There are some on here who know who I am and most things that transpired, that caused me to leave not once,but twice. The only job I've ever had that I went back to, but there will be no third time. Over all R&L is still one of the top companies in LTL to work for, but if it was the perfect company there wouldn't be any competition.

I don't know where all of this is coming from. Driver 9 needs to go see a pshyc. Dr., or his fortune teller isn't doing a very good job for him. I don't have to defend myself because I work hard every day (50 hours a week) for R&L and LAX. Worked for Pro before R&L bought us. We got a huge raise day one. I 'm sure R&L has different pay scales in different markets...I don't know and I really don't care because my pay is fair and higher than most in this market. It is a Memorial day weekend, I answer to God and my family..noone else. I therefore will not respond to any more negative comments or crazy accusations. I think 99% of people at R&L are positve and thank God every day to be here. God bless everyone else and maybe someday you will find a place where you are happy. It may even be here. Happy Memorial Day weekend.

When you personally attack other posters you do have to defend yourself. Clearly you can't carry on an intelligent debate without resorting to these methods. I could easily argue that you are ignorant because you don't care if you are being paid equally with drivers in other markets for the work you are doing. I don't, however, think you are ignorant. I believe it is a matter of personal preference. It is also a matter of personal opinion you think that 99% of people are happy at RL. You will never find a large company where 99% of the people are happy with their jobs. Again, a difference of opinion. I am not going to attack you even though I know you are wrong. Also, please spare me the God this, and God bless that. An honorable Christian would not be on here attacking other posters.

Personally, I hope driver 9 opens the hotline. I am very interested in what he has to say.

I will have to let you look at my paycheck so you can point out to me where the cost of living is?? I didn't get sh&T!! Get the facts straight, supervisors DO NOT get a cost of living increase.....never have.....probably never will.

The only people at my terminal that received a raise are those that were not at the top scale, driver, dock, mechanic or office. I would have like to have received an increase but I do understand that someone (clerk) that started less then a year ago needs to get a $0.50 increase they were making $9.50/hr. You all can debate the points all you want. I am happy to have a good job making what I make.

If anyone who works for R&L and didn't know about the varied payscales,
raises based on company performance (and anyone can make the numbers look the way they want),office workers being on tabled scale, (not annual like most of the employees) they didn't ask all the right questions when hired.
It would seem alot of the complaining being voiced here is directed at the wrong people. You got issues,complaints use the system in place, will it change everything,,NO, but it makes it known to higher ups,,, and YES it can change things SOMETIMES... If at the end of it you feel no better, you still have choice, suck it up or move on.

There are some on here who know who I am and most things that transpired, that caused me to leave not once,but twice. The only job I've ever had that I went back to, but there will be no third time. Over all R&L is still one of the top companies in LTL to work for, but if it was the perfect company there wouldn't be any competition.

Who do you think makes the pay scales, the higher ups do.:duh:

Are you from LAX, the percentage drivers took a hudge pay cut after R&L told them they would not cut thier pay. Around 30% to be exact. Not happy at all. If you worked at Pro what were 5 (non-clothing items) given to customers or available to employees to buy? What are the two things missing from the lot after renovation? What was Pauls favorite bike and what was Mike's (the city dispatcher) favorite pastime. Simple questions for an old PRO driver.

L1 if your reading should I tell him how blind he is and explain either or??? Great conversation piece.

Please dontcare attack the post not the poster.:popcorn: